Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58502 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #420 on: September 23, 2022, 02:16:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It's times like these where I just cannot fathom what the person in question (Ime) was thinking. Far out!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #421 on: September 23, 2022, 02:17:25 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
It's times like these where I just cannot fathom what the person in question (Ime) was thinking. Far out!

Thinking with his little head not his big one.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #422 on: September 23, 2022, 02:22:44 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
According to Shams, the relationship started out as consensual and the team turned the other way... until Ime started to harrass this female employee, which forced the team to put the foot down. Yep, just fire this asswipe and be done with it.

This is why you have rules in place to prevent stuff like this from happening. The whole they are two consenting adults crowd completely gloss over how this can possibly affect the entire work environment at the drop of a hat. Once that sense of trust in the organization is compromised it’s done. Opens up a whole can of worms and now here we are simply because of lust.

« Reply #423 on: September 23, 2022, 02:48:59 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Ime should have learned a long time ago, don’t 💩 where you eat! Whether these allegations are true or not, Ime should work through some rehabilitation therapy sessions. I hope he has good people in his life because I imagine he’s feeling pretty low right about now.

« Reply #424 on: September 23, 2022, 03:37:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Curious what transpires that a consensual relationship suddenly becomes "unwanted comments" and if these unwanted comments are considered harassment?

Regardless, not a good look for Ime and the mischaracterization of the leak as him being punished for a consensual relationship didn't do anyone any favors... except Ime, which is suspicious...

« Reply #425 on: September 23, 2022, 04:49:53 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Curious what transpires that a consensual relationship suddenly becomes "unwanted comments" and if these unwanted comments are considered harassment?

Regardless, not a good look for Ime and the mischaracterization of the leak as him being punished for a consensual relationship didn't do anyone any favors... except Ime, which is suspicious...

Individuals potentially involved shall not be named
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 09:01:17 PM by gouki88 »

« Reply #426 on: September 23, 2022, 06:28:00 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That’s the Incarcerated Bob rumor?  The guy is a serial liar.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 09:01:27 PM by gouki88 »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #427 on: September 23, 2022, 07:22:15 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
It’s been all of about 30 hours and nearly 30 pages of speculation. And there isn’t a single thing I can point to that the Celtics organization did wrong.  That’s despite countless posts suggesting they were too harsh or too lenient (just fire him) or disorganized or not getting ahead of this/ letting the rumor mill get out of hand.  As it stands now we still don’t know the full story and unless the primary parties want to reveal details we probably won’t ever have the complete story. That’s something, btw, we can be OK with - we don’t really need details do we?  Ultimately it seems that if the latest report is accurate, the Celtics handled it without initially going overboard and when informed of more serious circumstances acted responsibly. 

This world of ‘we have to know everything right away’, and this impulse to speculate, to guess about who might be involved or what really happened, the rampant rumor mill, the blaming, the leak conspiracies, the frustration when all of 24 hours goes by without an official announcement by the organization, is all part of this social media ‘news’ culture we live in.  I don’t see it as all that healthy but that’s just an opinion. Patience used to be required because there was no access to split second reports or the mass sharing of impulse speculation. A return to valuing some measure of patience - waiting for real information to emerge - feels like a good idea to me.

« Reply #428 on: September 23, 2022, 08:03:02 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If he was told to end the relationship and didn’t then that is an issue. If the relationship was once consensual but then turned toxic where he was harassing the female then he should be let go. They gave him a chance to end it and sounds like he didn’t.

« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2022, 08:09:09 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
If this is a relationship gone bad, can not see both Ime and the other party ever working together, may be best to part ways. Can not see this getting resolved.

« Reply #430 on: September 23, 2022, 08:21:40 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
It’s been all of about 30 hours and nearly 30 pages of speculation. And there isn’t a single thing I can point to that the Celtics organization did wrong.  That’s despite countless posts suggesting they were too harsh or too lenient (just fire him) or disorganized or not getting ahead of this/ letting the rumor mill get out of hand.  As it stands now we still don’t know the full story and unless the primary parties want to reveal details we probably won’t ever have the complete story. That’s something, btw, we can be OK with - we don’t really need details do we?  Ultimately it seems that if the latest report is accurate, the Celtics handled it without initially going overboard and when informed of more serious circumstances acted responsibly. 

This world of ‘we have to know everything right away’, and this impulse to speculate, to guess about who might be involved or what really happened, the rampant rumor mill, the blaming, the leak conspiracies, the frustration when all of 24 hours goes by without an official announcement by the organization, is all part of this social media ‘news’ culture we live in.  I don’t see it as all that healthy but that’s just an opinion. Patience used to be required because there was no access to split second reports or the mass sharing of impulse speculation. A return to valuing some measure of patience - waiting for real information to emerge - feels like a good idea to me.

Prior to this, I had not commented on this for exactly this reason.  It was not clear what was going on.  It still isn't really but the statement by Ime says that he apologizes for "letting people down" and accepts the "decision" of the team.  This certainly casts a very different light on the whole thing.  And it is going to make it a lot easier for the team to move on from this and even for Ime to potentially come back in a year.

Beyond that (reacting to Ime's actual statement) I am not going to speculate any further about who, what, where, whatever or cast any judgement on how the Celtic's management handled this.  And no one knows exactly what Ime did so I am not judging him either although based on his statement, he is apologizing for something.

Again, don't know any details but how Ime handled this with the statement puts the Celtics in about the best possible position.  I will take it at face value and assume it is sincere and an attempt by him to do the right thing for the team.  But this could have been the result of the Celtics threatening to void his contract or otherwise pressuring him, who knows.

Tough for the Celtics players though.  This preseason time is important.  Learning the nuances of the defensive and offensive schemes, being ready to start the season playing well (as opposed to last season).  This is all going to be a lot harder on the team now.

« Reply #431 on: September 23, 2022, 08:30:42 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 09:01:46 PM by gouki88 »

« Reply #432 on: September 23, 2022, 08:35:02 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Is there really any point to throwing out there womens' names?

It's still all speculatory (and a bit cringeworthy) and at the end of the day, does it matter one bit to anyone on here?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #433 on: September 23, 2022, 08:38:56 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
The new article in the Athletic makes it clear that the Celtics had no choice and a year year suspension is actually a light punishment. The consensual part of the relationship reportedly moved to non-consensual and then sexual harassment.

« Reply #434 on: September 23, 2022, 08:41:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The new article in the Athletic makes it clear that the Celtics had no choice and a year year suspension is actually a light punishment. The consensual part of the relationship reportedly moved to non-consensual and then sexual harassment.
Which happens a lot, which is why companies have these policies in place to begin with. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip