Author Topic: Surgery for Rob (out 8-12 weeks)  (Read 15608 times)

Re: Surgery for Rob
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2022, 05:37:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Yeah, that's not good.  Haven't we been told all off-season that the leg was doing great, no long term effects, etc.?

So, he's likely to miss the start of the season.  Horford can't play back to backs.

Get used to starting center Luke Kornet.

God no. Kornet is terrible.

I’m getting ready for Kabengele.

This^

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2022, 05:40:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why exactly was this not done a month ago. Clearly any swelling that would have been necessary to get the best look at the knee would have subsided by then. There were reports he was going great.

Is this a new injury? Did he re-injure the knee while working out? Were we just being lied to about how well he was recovering?

I would love answers to these questions because this, "let's wait until just before the season to get the surgery done" thing seems like something that's happened before to this team, though maybe I am mixing up teams. Maybe I am confusing the C's with the Sox.

Who knows?  Maybe it was recommended a while ago and he didn't want to do it at the time, but now that he's still feeling soreness he's agreed to it.  Maybe the plan was to rehab it for three months and see what happened.  Maybe the Celtics have told him he's fine and a second opinion said otherwise.  Maybe it was all going great until he tweaked something recently.

I see what's happening to Lonzo Ball with a similar initial injury and I worry, but that doesn't mean anyone did anything wrong.
I'm not saying anyone did anything wrong. Injuries can be fluid with things feeling great one day but acting up and feeling bad a day or so later. If you aren't getting constant MRIs to see what's happening, which would be very expensive, time consuming and impractical, you just have to hope the player is being honest about what they are feeling during the rehab.

I would still like a more extensive explanation about why the public was told how well he was doing and then a short time later announcing he is having surgery. Even if it's as simple as "Rob was doing great but after working out a few days back he had some pain, so we scanned it, saw something we didn't before, saw he needed surgery and so scheduled it."

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2022, 07:05:21 PM »

Online G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Rob’s knees and hips will be a major problem his whole career.  The best ability is availability.  Welcome to a modern day Bill Walton guy.  Great talent, always hurt.

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2022, 07:11:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
So the day we get this news Cabloco get waived. Is another move in the works?

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2022, 07:17:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Hopefully...

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2022, 07:21:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bruno appears to be 5 years away from being 5 years away from being an NBA player.

The certainty with which some on this blog have that players like Caboclo, Vonleh, et al, will be able to produce as late in the rotation guys is something that kinda astonishes me. Our starting center is going to miss 20+% of the season at the minimum, and on the day we find that out Caboclo is released.

Tells you all you need to know about the quality of the guys that Brad gave prove it to me contracts to. They weren't in the NBA or got next to no minutes for a reason.

Just hope this drives Brad forward into looking at a DHoward for the backup center roll.

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2022, 07:31:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2022, 07:49:54 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Rob’s knees and hips will be a major problem his whole career.  The best ability is availability.  Welcome to a modern day Bill Walton guy.  Great talent, always hurt.

If Timelord winds up a Bill Walton-level talent I expect us to hang a banner in the next year or so. But I guess, just like the Dead, you have to specify if you mean ‘73- or ‘86-era Walton :)

Agreed that an active lifestyle can take a big toll on your knees? And they don’t tend to get much better, though. I (and a lot of other posters, I’d wager) can attest to that, even if you’re not built like an NBA player or performing at an NBA level.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2022, 08:15:07 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Make it happen, Brad.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571919870496751618

With Gallinari out for the year and RWill out for who knows how long, Boston could be a great spot for a vet.  It could be a chance to start.  I am not high on Cousins although he looks motivated in the video.  I would like to get Whiteside in and tell him is starts the season as the starter and if he plays well, he may be able to start all the way to the finals.

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2022, 08:15:32 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Who are the Celtics medical personnel? I feel like we keep getting misinformation on the players' health and it impacts the team in terms of recovery and timeline.

Now we don't have Timelord for 4-6 weeks? Are you kidding me. First, you tell me he's OK and doing well and now it's sudden surgery? Couldn't he have gotten surgery towards the end of June or in July? This is absurd  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2022, 08:18:47 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Cameron Tabatabaie: Woj suggests Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge could be names to keep an eye on for the C’s. Says Boston showed “a little interest in” LMA this summer.

Should make it "big interest"...shoot man we need a big for Timelord and basically Gallo's replacement.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2022, 08:22:20 PM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Is Eric Montross still available?

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2022, 08:34:32 PM »

Online G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Make it happen, Brad.

I didn’t realize that Cousins was only 32 years old.  Do his injuries have a chance to improve so that he is not a defensive liability?  He always could shoot the ball, would he fit in with the team?

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2022, 09:29:35 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Would love Boogie in Boston

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2022, 09:49:55 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Make it happen, Brad.

Are these like IT’s videos against YMCA competition?