Author Topic: Robert Sarver suspended one year, fined $10 million  (Read 11805 times)

Re: Robert Sarver suspended one year, fined $10 million
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2022, 09:22:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So ...... he REPEATED racial slurs in direct reference to someone else's use of the words.

He commented on the attractiveness of some female employees.

He yelled at employees on certain occasions (I assume he was not happy with their performance).

Is this an accurate description of his behavior ?
Not remotely.

Maybe a few of the things he did is common and acceptable in Tennessee, but it's not in most of the rest of the country.

Gosh Nicky, that is quite an ignorant comment.

My question was based on the official findings report listed in Roy's initial post.
I genuinely wanted to know exactly what the guy did since media reports and chat room rumors are so often inaccurate.
Just asking questions, are ya?
Yeah, I'm not buying that either.

I can always count on Nicky and Gouk to comment on my posts with their syrupy sweet moral indignation.
I was kinda going for the powder sugary sweet moral indignation, but I guess I came close enough. They're both great with pancakes.

But seriously tenn, if you were really asking a question, why phrase it in the manner a defense attorney would in trying to minimalize the type of abhorrent behavior Sarver has been proven to have committed? You sure phrased it as if you thought what he did was no big deal?

My curiosity about Sarver's case grew after talking with a friend from NYC a couple of nights back. Having not kept up with the details myself, I was trying to find out what the exact behavior was that has brought down so much attention and scrutiny. I do not trust the liberal press to tell the truth and I sure as hell don't trust the rantings of Lebron James and Draymond Green - so I am not going to jump in and call for Sarver's head without finding out what he actually did do and what reports are just embellishment and not factual.
But Roy didn't provide media reports. He provided actual NBA communications about the situation. They were right there to be read with the NBA providing further links.

Sorry, dude, but you sure seemed to me to be defending Sarver's actions and now come to find out it was all because of political animus when this wasn't a political situation. This was a right or wrong situation, not a red or blue one, unless your red or blueness leads you to defend racist, sexist comments and actions.

Political animus ??

Just because I tell the truth about the modern media does not make this about politics.
My comment had to do whether I could trust the source of the information or not.

Sarver may have done some of or all of these things he is accused of.
But I don't automatically accept what I hear in the news because it is stylish to do so.
As for the NBA investigation, maybe it's true, though I trust Silver less than the media.
Yes, that is totally what you do - hence why you're always rallying against Murdoch-owned media, right?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)