Author Topic: Danilo Gallinari Injury (Expected to miss entire '22-23 Season)  (Read 12743 times)

Re: Danilo Gallinari hurt knee
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2022, 03:44:33 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Here we go again - I remain convinced that Red made a deal with the devil long ago in order to build the title teams of the 60's, 70's and 80's until the deal ran out and karma kicked in. We have been dealing with one disaster after another ever since, exception being Garnett's team, though even they had terrible injury luck that robbed them of at least one, if not two additional titles.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 06:39:00 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2022, 07:40:30 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Here we go again - I remain convinced that Red made a deal with the devil long ago in order to build the title teams of the 60's, 70's and 80's until the deal ran out and karma kicked in. We have been dealing with one disaster after another ever since, exception being Garnett's team, though even they had terrible injury luck that robbed them of at least one, if not two additional titles.

Is this a disaster? I didn’t have such high hopes for Gallinati, as I saw him coming off the bench. I also thought he would be limited in playoff games due to his defense.

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2022, 08:58:13 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Meniscus tear per Shams. MRI results later today.  No ligament damage. Unclear how long he’ll be out. Considered good news.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 09:07:31 AM by footey »

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2022, 09:16:16 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
M tear means about 6 weeks out. I’m sure the Celtics will not rush him back. Hopefully ready to go by mid November.
Going to be interesting to see who fills out the roster and the early season rotations.

Have to think Hauser will get more run until Gallo is back

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Meniscus tear per Shams. MRI results later today.  No ligament damage. Unclear how long he’ll be out. Considered good news.

Yeah, it's good news...

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2022, 09:48:58 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I wouldn’t let him play till around Christmas
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2022, 10:54:31 AM »

Offline drooldaddy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
I guess this is the best possible news although we still don’t know how long he’s out for.
RWill was not the same player after he sat out and he’s younger. Hoping for the best for him.

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2022, 10:57:41 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
Totally agree. That was a huge missed opportunity. Why not stack to the hilt; cut bait later if it doesn't work. As cousin Eddie said ". . . don't get cheap on me”.

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2022, 11:02:50 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
Totally agree. That was a huge missed opportunity. Why not stack to the hilt; cut bait later if it doesn't work. As cousin Eddie said ". . . don't get cheap on me”.

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
I'm having a bad day tying my posts in!

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2022, 11:13:28 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

I don't understand this point of view.  Here is what the Celtics are paying for their bigs:

Horford    $26.5M
RWill        $10.9M
Galli          $6.2M
GWill         $4.3M

Our third at best (maybe 4th) big goes down with an injury and the solution was to have spent $17M on a bench player?  We spent $22.6M on Brogdon.  I actually think that if a good trade ( the Brogdon trade was a good trade, it just didn't require the use of the TPE) was on the table, that the Celtics would have used some or all of the TPE and done the trade.  Not for a 3rd or 4th big though.  Gallinari was perfect for that.  Gallinari was a great pick up.

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2022, 11:23:21 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
A meniscus tear is not a major injury. Gallo will be fine and may benefit from the extra rest to start the season as other guys get a chance to show their stuff. I mean, some people here are acting like the playoffs begin in November. By the time April comes around you will all have forgotten about his summer injury.

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2022, 11:28:30 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
A meniscus tear is not a major injury.

Hopefully.  But, Lonzo had a meniscus tear, too, and it kept him out from January through the playoffs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2022, 11:36:04 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
I realize the money angle. But for that TPE you get a rotation piece, depth, insurance, or simply a trade chip if necessary. If that TPE belonged to Golden State or the Lakers, they're jumping all over it. Just saying more firepower is better when they're this close.

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2022, 01:17:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I guess this is the best possible news although we still don’t know how long he’s out for.
RWill was not the same player after he sat out and he’s younger. Hoping for the best for him.

Timelord was rushed back for the playoffs. If the same injury had occurred earlier in the season, I’m sure he wouldn’t have come back as quickly as he did.

Gallinari can take his time, he’ll be needed down the stretch and in the playoffs but the first half of the season he can rehab as much as necessary.
CELTICS 2024