Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 109034 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2022, 05:52:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I really like the defense so far this year. Yeah, Miami and Pittsburgh don't have great offenses but the defense still has to do their job and they are. If the Pats' make the playoffs it will be because of the defense and Mac Jones growth.

Defense does look solid, although the Dugger injury worries me. Going up against a Trubisky led Steelers team was almost a must win, IMO. Pats took care of business and the offense looked better which was good to see. The positives: ZERO sacks on Mac today. He had much more time in the pocket which allowed him to find the receivers. Myers is his binky and was targeted 13 times. Agholor went 6-6 and over 100 yards with a TD. Bourne continues to have a very high conversion rate when his number is called. 1-1 last week, 2-3 today. Damien Harris is a beast running the ball, averaging 5 yards per carry. Next game vs Baltimore should be very interesting…
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 06:23:34 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2022, 08:21:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I really like the defense so far this year. Yeah, Miami and Pittsburgh don't have great offenses but the defense still has to do their job and they are. If the Pats' make the playoffs it will be because of the defense and Mac Jones growth.

Defense does look solid, although the Dugger injury worries me. Going up against a Trubisky led Steelers team was almost a must win, IMO. Pats took care of business and the offense looked better which was good to see. The positives: ZERO sacks on Mac today. He had much more time in the pocket which allowed him to find the receivers. Myers is his binky and was targeted 13 times. Agholor went 6-6 and over 100 yards with a TD. Bourne continues to have a very high conversion rate when his number is called. 1-1 last week, 2-3 today. Damien Harris is a beast running the ball, averaging 5 yards per carry. Next game vs Baltimore should be very interesting…

Not saying the defense is elite but they are definitely very good. Keep in mind, they held Miami to 13 points last week and this same Miami team just put up 42 on Baltimore today. Makes me feel even better about them.

They only had like one bad drive today (the TD drive they gave up to PIT in the 3rd) but otherwise were sound and up to the task. Just hope no one got seriously hurt (Dugger, Bentley, etc.) and they can come back soon
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2022, 08:39:00 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Getting the win and seeing Miami put up so many points in Baltimore gives me something to allow me to believe there is some hope for this team.

I know it is only 2 games but it reminds me of the beginning of the season for the Celtics last season.  They were great on defense but the offense was clunky.  No execution.  But it came around.  Now I know that the Celtics had a lot more talent than the Pats offense has but we are 1-1 and a lot more games to go.

On the down side, I don't think Mac Jones has looked good.  I know it is hard on the QB when the O-line is breaking down and no one is getting open but Mac has been missing some opportunities.

« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2022, 10:47:03 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Getting the win and seeing Miami put up so many points in Baltimore gives me something to allow me to believe there is some hope for this team.

I know it is only 2 games but it reminds me of the beginning of the season for the Celtics last season.  They were great on defense but the offense was clunky.  No execution.  But it came around.  Now I know that the Celtics had a lot more talent than the Pats offense has but we are 1-1 and a lot more games to go.

On the down side, I don't think Mac Jones has looked good.  I know it is hard on the QB when the O-line is breaking down and no one is getting open but Mac has been missing some opportunities.

Mac hasn’t looked great, but he’s basically having to start over with a new playbook and Matt Patricia as OC. All the pieces around him are essentially the same as last year when McDaniels was running the offense and Mac was the best of the rookie QB’s by a good margin. I’m not worried about him at this point.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2022, 10:56:43 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

He's looked OK, not spectacular.  Disappointed with some decisions and the accuracy of long balls. 

BUT -- you are right -- guys aren't getting open and he hasn't had time to find 2nd and 3rd options.  Actually, when he has had time (which he did for a good part of Game 2), receivers still seem to be struggling to get separation.  Parker is apparently blanketed and the other guys always seem to have only a slither of space.  Given that, Mac's doing decently.   

« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2022, 11:11:51 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Getting the win and getting to .500 is good, but this team still has a ton of work to do. The defense has been the team's best unit so far, but Tua and Trubisky aren't anything to write home about, so I'll have to wait to see what the D does against a legit QB.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2022, 11:21:39 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Getting the win and getting to .500 is good, but this team still has a ton of work to do. The defense has been the team's best unit so far, but Tua and Trubisky aren't anything to write home about, so I'll have to wait to see what the D does against a legit QB.

Tua's beginning to look like he's something to write home about. He's currently leading the league in passing yards & tied for the lead in TDs

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2022, 11:26:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Tua's beginning to look like he's something to write home about. He's currently leading the league in passing yards & tied for the lead in TDs

It’s been so long since I ve had anything to cheer about Dolphins , it seems almost wrong to think positive thoughts .  My football malaise with Miami reminds me of the pre KG Celtics .

« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2022, 11:49:21 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Perhaps. But it's only two games. It certainly helps him a lot to have two burners in Hill and Waddle.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Justin Herron traded to Raiders.

The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick from the Raiders in the trade, while Herron and a 2024 seventh-round pick go to the Raiders, according to sources familiar with the terms.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:43:24 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2022, 04:37:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Chris Herron traded to Raiders.

The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick from the Raiders in the trade, while Herron and a 2024 seventh-round pick go to the Raiders, according to sources familiar with the terms.

Chris?  :laugh:

« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2022, 04:42:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Chris Herron traded to Raiders.

Chris?  :laugh:

Yeah, he's playing OL now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2022, 05:14:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Justin Herron traded to Raiders.

Makes sense. Was behind Cajuste for the backup OT spot
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Meyers likely out today which is a huge loss.

I just hope the Pats keep it competitive. Truthfully I think they lose today AND next week anyways but just hoping it's not a blowout and they play competitive + make strides/improvements in certain areas.

« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2022, 12:31:31 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Meyers likely out today which is a huge loss.

I just hope the Pats keep it competitive. Truthfully I think they lose today AND next week anyways but just hoping it's not a blowout and they play competitive + make strides/improvements in certain areas.

Dugger is out, too. I don’t like their chances now. Before I gave the Pats a 50/50 chance as the game is in Foxboro and Lamar has not faired well against them in the past.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 12:38:33 PM by Goldstar88 »