Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 109541 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2022, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Well, that could've easily been an INT or at least incomplete, but Agholor made a great catch for the TD.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2022, 02:18:55 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Agholor having a nice game. Spectacular catch there.

« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2022, 02:20:25 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Really hope the patriots can hang on and win to shut up the vultures in here

« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2022, 02:28:30 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Well, that could've easily been an INT or at least incomplete, but Agholor made a great catch for the TD.

That was amazing coverage by the defender and a solid throw by Mac. Agholor made the play though which is very encouraging to see. That's what you want to see from the likes of Agholor and Parker on the team, making some contested catches. I've seen so many elite QBs make meh throws deep but get bailed out by their own elite receivers (Tyreek, Adams, Chase, etc.) so I'm not really complaining lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2022, 02:30:54 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Not going to lie, even as a Pats fan I'll admit this is a game between two bad teams lol.

But hopefully the Pats can keep the lead for good the rest of the way! Maybe make some good plays in the 2nd half too to build some momentum. Also go figure, they start playing Bourne more again, he gets a catch on that drive and opens it up for others leading to a TD later.

Baffles me that Bourne is in "Patricia's doghouse". Like how the hell can Patricia be allowed to have a doghouse?? Meyers before the game also called out some of the confusion with the offensive schemes and such (hint hint, Patricia). Will he be benched next week?

One more thing: when the commentator was describing the difference between Mac going to the sidelines this season and last season, that was depressing. Like in the past he could go to McDaniels and maybe Hoyer as well just for some advice. Now he has to consult like 4-5 coaches + Hoyer?? Yikes

« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2022, 02:37:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I really like the defense so far this year. Yeah, Miami and Pittsburgh don't have great offenses but the defense still has to do their job and they are. If the Pats' make the playoffs it will be because of the defense and Mac Jones growth.

« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2022, 02:42:32 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Not going to lie, even as a Pats fan I'll admit this is a game between two bad teams lol.

But hopefully the Pats can keep the lead for good the rest of the way! Maybe make some good plays in the 2nd half too to build some momentum. Also go figure, they start playing Bourne more again, he gets a catch on that drive and opens it up for others leading to a TD later.

Baffles me that Bourne is in "Patricia's doghouse". Like how the hell can Patricia be allowed to have a doghouse?? Meyers before the game also called out some of the confusion with the offensive schemes and such (hint hint, Patricia). Will he be benched next week?

One more thing: when the commentator was describing the difference between Mac going to the sidelines this season and last season, that was depressing. Like in the past he could go to McDaniels and maybe Hoyer as well just for some advice. Now he has to consult like 4-5 coaches + Hoyer?? Yikes

I agree this is a bad game but could be they both have solid defense s. Bucs down 3-0 against saints right now. Brady very frustrated

« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2022, 02:47:07 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

I agree this is a bad game but could be they both have solid defense s. Bucs down 3-0 against saints right now. Brady very frustrated

Imagine final score 3-0 NO lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2022, 02:51:47 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Clearly not a clash of titans today.
Disappointing drive to start the 2nd half. Never easy to win in Pittsburgh but Pats need this and Steelers not looking like world beaters. 

« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2022, 03:07:29 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Gift by old friend Olszewski.  Liked him.  I guess I like him more now. Actually feel a little bad for him.  Capitalize Mac!

« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2022, 03:10:58 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
WOOOOO THANK YOU GUNNER HAHA!

« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2022, 03:59:52 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
How did Miami come back on Baltimore>

« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2022, 04:08:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
1-1. Nice win.

Home opener next week versus the team that just imploded at home letting Miami, a team that didn't look like they were an overall much better team than the Pats, back in the game, coming back to tie after being down 21 with just 13 minutes left.

I think the Pats' win next week.

« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2022, 04:23:00 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
How did Miami come back on Baltimore>

Baltimore’s D is not good. They’re wasting Lamar’s good years. Mobile QBs usually don’t improve as they age.

« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2022, 04:28:33 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I had already penciled Baltimore and Green Bay as losses Week 3 + 4, so it's nice to pick up the win today at least.

The two main things that encouraged me were Agholor having a great game (6 catches, 110 yards, 1 TD) and the O-Line looking dominant in the 2nd half and especially that final drive which helped the RBs.

Agholor just looks different this year compared to last. Can't explain it, but he looks more engaged, a bit faster/shiftier and is making plays too. That's really good and will only help the offense.

Make no mistake, there's still A TON of work to be done and the offense has to improve for sure, but it's still Week 2. No one's dominating yet and every team has some flaws or things to work on this early in the season. Just keep building and take the momentum whenever you can