Author Topic: 2022 Draft  (Read 35641 times)

Re: 2022 Draft
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2022, 01:43:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Moussa Diabate is listed at 48 on ESPN and 65 at The Athletic.  If he’s available when the Celtics are on the clock in the 2nd round, he should be the pick.  In the NBA he’s a center, and is center-sized, but Michigan plays him primarily at PF.  In the long run, that may help him develop, as he’s accordingly asked defend more perimeter players and shoot jumpers.  At the same time, it’s hurt his draft stock, as he’s most effective near the basket both offensively and defensively.  He’s not ready to be a year 1 contributor, and wouldn’t be with both Williams, Theis, and maybe Horford ahead of him next year.  But in year 2 I think he’d be ready for the rotation.  He’s got 1st round talent, and if he stays in college another year I think he’ll be selected in the first round.  But if he comes out, as people at Michigan think he will, he would be a terrific pick in the late 2nd.

I didn’t rank him on my board assuming he wouldn’t be coming out, if he does I would expect him to go in the late 1st/early 2nd. I agree if he stays in college he is a top 20 next season
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2022, 06:34:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Seabron of NC State can't shoot but gas 1at round athletic ability and a non stop motor, if he is there with our second rounder, hr could be a sleeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJVVYFF9nA

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2022, 03:42:29 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Maybe things will change as the draft get closer but I don't think I will be putting the time into researching this draft that I have in the past few years. For the sake of looking back at this a few seasons from now I'm going to toss out my handful of guys who I think ultimately surpass their current draft expectation in the NBA.

Harrison Ingram
, not a flashy athlete but in the mold of Kyle Anderson big wings with guard skills help teams win games.

Christian Koloko
, like most bigs he may take a few seasons to develop but long 7'1 guys with high end positional mobility are super valuable

Trevor Keels
, as a wide bodied strong guard he will fit nicely onto a switch everything team like the celtics. If he shoots as a pro he could prove to be a top 15 player in this draft class.

Julian Champagnie, he checks off a lot of boxes for me. Has enough size to play both forward positions in the NBA, and the perimeter game to fit the league. The right team should be able to develop him into a solid bench wing.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2022, 05:57:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tiebreakers were determined today.  We “lost” the draw to Philly and Milwaukee, meaning San Antonio picks 25th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/1516153948679385093

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2022, 06:11:10 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Tiebreakers were determined today.  We “lost” the draw to Philly and Milwaukee, meaning San Antonio picks 25th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/1516153948679385093

Hah! The tiebreaker curse totally forgot that we don’t have our pick this year.

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2022, 06:34:38 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
A couple years ago there was a lot of discussion on the possibility of the rule preventing high schoolers going straight to the NBA being removed.  Whatever happened with that? 

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
A couple years ago there was a lot of discussion on the possibility of the rule preventing high schoolers going straight to the NBA being removed.  Whatever happened with that?

Woj two years ago:

A lot of us believed a year ago, 18 months ago, that the NBA and the player's association would come to an agreement on ending the one-and-done -- they would set a date in the future, but we thought it would be 2022, 2023 when high school players would be able to go back in the draft. That has not happened. It is not on the horizon, largely because the union and the league, as part of letting the high school players back into the draft, the league has wanted players to have to make available their physicals and medical evaluations to all teams ... The union, backed very hard by the agents, had said, 'That's not something we're gonna give in on. We're not going to give you full access medically. That's the one advantage that we feel we have as agents and players to control the process.'

That's been the major sticking point for a couple of years now. And there's a real strong possibility that the one-and-done conversation isn't picked up again until the next collective bargaining agreement in 2025.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2022, 07:25:46 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
tossing this out there for the sake of posterity,

Micheal Foster Jr, is a counterintuitive but interesting 2nd round target for the Cs. I say counterintuitive because he isn't a perfect fit for the defensive minded Cs but I could see a path where the Cs can maximize his long term potential and term him into a valuable piece of the roster years down the road.

He was productive in the G league this past season and was a top 10 ranked member of his highschool class. His old school PF (early career Juluis Randle like) game is what likely makes him a 2nd round pick. If he falls into the 40s moving up for him with the hopes that the coaching staff can unlock his perimeter shooting (he is a solid FT shooter) and refine his defense could produce a nice big man for the future rotation.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2022, 09:03:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
tossing this out there for the sake of posterity,

Micheal Foster Jr, is a counterintuitive but interesting 2nd round target for the Cs. I say counterintuitive because he isn't a perfect fit for the defensive minded Cs but I could see a path where the Cs can maximize his long term potential and term him into a valuable piece of the roster years down the road.

He was productive in the G league this past season and was a top 10 ranked member of his highschool class. His old school PF (early career Juluis Randle like) game is what likely makes him a 2nd round pick. If he falls into the 40s moving up for him with the hopes that the coaching staff can unlock his perimeter shooting (he is a solid FT shooter) and refine his defense could produce a nice big man for the future rotation.
I like Foster, he reminds me a bit of Kenneth Faried with his athleticism. But as you mention, has a much more likely chance at developing a jumper
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2022, 02:38:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I hope we draft size at the end of this draft:

Ismael Kamagate

John Butler Jr

Julian Champagnie

Leonard Miller

Lots of talent in the second round.

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2022, 03:05:26 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Ismael Kamagate

John Butler Jr

Julian Champagnie

Leonard Miller

Moussa or bust!!

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Ismael Kamagate

John Butler Jr

Julian Champagnie

Leonard Miller

i hope the celtics draft talent first and foremost. fab melo should be a lesson to us all about height over talent.

if there are players that have both, then sure, happy to see the celtics make that call.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2022, 08:11:31 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
They just had David Robinson next to Banchero, Smith and Holmgren. Chet is at least 2 inches taller than Robinson. Ridiculous.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2022, 08:15:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
They just had David Robinson next to Banchero, Smith and Holmgren. Chet is at least 2 inches taller than Robinson. Ridiculous.
I do think The Admiral has shrunk, but what stood out to me was the hilarity of the reporter in the middle. Looked like a child
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Was hoping Detroit would move into the top 3. They’ve been bad for such a long time…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.