Author Topic: Bruins 2021 Playoffs  (Read 26427 times)

Bruins 2021 Playoffs
« on: May 15, 2021, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Probably the last iteration of this team vying for a Stanley Cup as some major changes could be happening in this off-season. If they can stay away from bad penalties and can get good 5-on-5 production from it's top two lines, they could have a good shot at it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRUINS!!!!!!

Re: Bruins 2021 Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 10:03:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
game one is exciting. tied 2-2 after 3 periods.

free hockey!!!!

gooooooooooooooooooo big bad bruins!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 10:18:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Vanecek left early in the first period. If he is lost for the series, I like the B's chances.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:54:15 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 10:33:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
dang.

but more games to come.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 11:51:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Disappointing start to the series, especially allowing a goal to Tom Wilson.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 10:37:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Very nice win.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 10:59:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
B's dominated after giving up that 3rd goal to the Caps. Gotta bring that game all 60 minutes.

Awesome win.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 01:57:58 AM »

• Satch Sanders
HUGE win. Losing the first two in OT could've been a backbreaker, so getting the road split is a big accomplishment. Two of Boston's goals came after good defensive plays by Pastrnak and Krejci, two guys who do most of their damage on offense, so that was cool to see.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 09:01:53 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I was watching the game and from about mid second right through the end, I felt that the Bruins were finally able to switch things and get the ice downhill in the other direction so to speak.

Even after the Capital went up 3-2 and the 3rd period was winding down, I said to myself that even if they lose, I felt better about the team than I did at the end of game 1 (where the Caps were skating all around them).

Then of course we got the win so I feel really good.  It will still be a tough series.  Very evenly matched teams.  Our top guys are all playing well and even Pasternak is coming around and starting to show some real life.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 09:13:08 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I will throw out a useless hot take, just to see how ignorant it is:

Taylor Hall, best Bruins trade deadline pickup this century?  Ever?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »

• Satch Sanders

He seems to have settled in very well, and has done a nice job right from day one.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 12:35:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Jaromir Jagr was a dang good deadline pickup that helped propel the B's to the Finals.

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 12:43:03 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

He seems to have settled in very well, and has done a nice job right from day one.

Seems like it was a great fit for him and he wanted to be in Boston as well.

One reason he wanted to end up on Boston: that it wouldn't be "Taylor Hall's team." The veteran winger said he wanted to play on a team that had other stars to draw the spotlight, allowing him to focus on helping it win.

"I've been the focal point on a lot of teams in my career," he said. "I never made myself the focal point in the situations I was in. The first chance that I got in free agency, I went to Buffalo, a team that had a guy in Jack Eichel, a player that I think is better than myself. I just wanted to be one of the guys. I wanted to be on a successful team.

"Ultimately it didn't work out in Buffalo. But going to Boston, there are so many great players on that team. Hall of Famers. Seeing these guys, I'm excited to be part of that group and just be one of the guys. I don't expect to come in and light the league on fire. I want to win games."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31243141/taylor-hall-seeking-contract-extension-boston-bruins-not-spotlight-following-trade%3fplatform=amp

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:37:07 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 02:22:36 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Hall is a fabulous pick up.  I think the ranking of the trade will have something to do with how far they go but clearly, this was a huge move.

There are two, not entirely unrelated aspects to this team (beyond the obvious Bergeron and Marchand contribution).  Krejci and Hall.  When Krejci is healthy, even without Hall, the Bruins are clearly better.  Now pair a healthy Krejci with Hall playing with a new lease on life, and it is a real difference maker.  The Bergeron line doesn't have to do it all, all the time.

There are some other really good teams, even in the East Division so the Bruins are going to need all of what they can get from Krejci and Hall and then some but they have as good a shot as anyone.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:38:52 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2021, 05:30:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
That was a huge win last night. Not just because it prevents us from going down 2-0, but I think now it puts pressure on Craig Anderson going forward in the series. He's been solid, but to be honest I've also felt he's gotten really lucky with some of the B's players having an open net but either making an extra (useless) pass or missing the net. Thankfully Marchand had a WIDE OPEN net in OT and buried it.

B's really need to capitalize at home.

Also, kudos to Clifton. He played well last night and mostly neutralized Ovechkin. And the hits + physicality he bought were noticeable. I liked that we were a bit more aggressive last night than Game 1.

Rask hasn't been terrible this series, but I do think for us to advance we'll need him to be in "god-mode" at least one game this series (a low-scoring affair). I don't think he's been bad BUT there have been a few goals he's let in that he really should have had.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller