Author Topic: Brandon Clarke anybody?  (Read 2240 times)

Brandon Clarke anybody?
« on: January 20, 2019, 12:26:28 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Re: Brandon Clarke anybody?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Yeah, that works for me! And he’s actually older than Tatum. That block in the TN game is sick - his head is at the rim, got a hand above the square. Nice touch and body control on his fallaway.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:17:38 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
So I thought Gonzaga was going to be the team to beat this year. They lost Tillie for the year but still have a couple of good prospects (Hachimura, who's played well so far and a freak of an athlete named Brandon Clarke). Check out the Clarke block at 40:45 of the video. He didn't see much time in the first half but in the second was a beast. 5 blocks and 4-4 shooting for the game. He really is a freak of athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzjLDjp-wEY
Another impressive showing for Brandon Clarke:
18 pts on 8-9 FGA. 4 boards and 4 blocks and 4 PF. Someone to keep an eye on, with one of our mid-first rounder, once conference play starts.
Rui Hachimura, who I always thought was a bit overrated to the point where I had to email nbdraft.net and complain when they had him mocked in the top 5, has been playing great. Someone else to keep an eye on for our lottery pick.
Yeah, me from back in November. Too bad the link I posted back then is no longer available. Youtube sux like that. It was an unbelievable block but that seems to be the case almost every game.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 05:27:33 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
So I thought Gonzaga was going to be the team to beat this year. They lost Tillie for the year but still have a couple of good prospects (Hachimura, who's played well so far and a freak of an athlete named Brandon Clarke). Check out the Clarke block at 40:45 of the video. He didn't see much time in the first half but in the second was a beast. 5 blocks and 4-4 shooting for the game. He really is a freak of athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzjLDjp-wEY
Another impressive showing for Brandon Clarke:
18 pts on 8-9 FGA. 4 boards and 4 blocks and 4 PF. Someone to keep an eye on, with one of our mid-first rounder, once conference play starts.
Rui Hachimura, who I always thought was a bit overrated to the point where I had to email nbdraft.net and complain when they had him mocked in the top 5, has been playing great. Someone else to keep an eye on for our lottery pick.
Yeah, me from back in November. Too bad the link I posted back then is no longer available. Youtube sux like that. It was an unbelievable block but that seems to be the case almost every game.
Just wanted to bump this since Clarke is becoming a hot commodity among some posters. I'm glad I was one of the first to see this freak. I can pound my chest for a second or two.
And to all those naysayers who love the combine measurables and hate on some players due to e.g. wingspans......if you can hit your head on the rim and actually have other skills as well you will have a job in the NBA. That said, he would not be my number 1 choice at pick 14.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 05:42:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I was originally dismissive of him due to his wing span, honestly.  But his athleticism, smarts and productivity have made me reconsider him at 14, and think that could be a real value pick at that spot. Probably because a lot of GMs are passing on him for the same reason I was.

Kudos to whoever out there on Celticsblog pointed out to me that Clarke is the 2nd most productive player behind Zion in this draft, and one of the 4 all time most productive (I think Davis may have been one of the others).  I forget who pointed that out to me.

Was it you, Greenshooter?

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 05:49:29 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
There's a lot to like about him, and a lot not to like. Specifically, his TRex arms, his smallish frame, and his lack of an outside shot. But with his instincts and athleticism, he'll probably fall in the draft and be good value for whoever takes him. You can't teach his vertical and what a freak athlete he is.

I have a suspicion he'll jump right out of the gate as a legit rotation player who'll be rookie of the year candidate. But if were a GM, my concerns about short arms might override my belief in his potential. Kind of hoping he gets taken before us and pushes PJ Washington down to us.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 05:51:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
At 20 absolutely

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 06:49:39 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
I was originally dismissive of him due to his wing span, honestly.  But his athleticism, smarts and productivity have made me reconsider him at 14, and think that could be a real value pick at that spot. Probably because a lot of GMs are passing on him for the same reason I was.

Kudos to whoever out there on Celticsblog pointed out to me that Clarke is the 2nd most productive player behind Zion in this draft, and one of the 4 all time most productive (I think Davis may have been one of the others).  I forget who pointed that out to me.

Was it you, Greenshooter?
Definitely not me. That type of advanced research is out of my league. Somebody step up and earn a minimum of one TP.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 06:53:31 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
There's a lot to like about him, and a lot not to like. Specifically, his TRex arms, his smallish frame, and his lack of an outside shot. But with his instincts and athleticism, he'll probably fall in the draft and be good value for whoever takes him. You can't teach his vertical and what a freak athlete he is.

I have a suspicion he'll jump right out of the gate as a legit rotation player who'll be rookie of the year candidate. But if were a GM, my concerns about short arms might override my belief in his potential. Kind of hoping he gets taken before us and pushes PJ Washington down to us.
There are players that have/had "short" arms and have flourished because they could do so many other things. It's what Clarke brings to the table.