Author Topic: Last best offer for A Davis?  (Read 3741 times)

Re: Last best offer for A Davis?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Tatum, Yabu, MLE player, Rozier S+T, Sac 1st, Mem 1st, and better of LAC/Boston 1sts.

Keep Smart and Brown at all costs.

I like this a lot however I thought you couldn’t combine salaries in a S&T.  Then I thought I read you could only if the receiving team is under the cap.  I’m not entirely sure now though.

If Horford opts in I have him going to a 3rd team ( an example would be Portland sending Nurkic (cost controlled for 3 years) Turner (expiring contract), and a protected first to NO.  We send everything we do in that first deal but maybe we get to hold onto the Grizzlies pick or something else. The Horford situation is murky though because of that opt out option.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 04:23:12 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Tatum, Smart or Brown, Williams, Yabu, 3 #1s of NOP's choice SAC #1, MEM #1, better of LAC / BOS #1.

Can the Celtics have Horford, Hayward, Davis, and Kyrie at the same time financially? Wouldn’t that be 4 guys each making $3O million per year?
In theory aren’t we sending out as much salary as we’re taking back?  And, we would be consolidating brown and Tatum (st least in my offer) who together could make more than Davis on their second contract.

Yeah, I suppose. Just haven’t heard of any other teams with 4 different players each making $30m a year and I didn’t know if that was something teams are able to do with the salary cap.
Warriors will be that team next year or the year after. Philly will have 4 guys making 30M after next year. You can still round out the roster with small contracts .
If the knicks had drafted Durant, harden, Westbrook and Ibaka they would have gone deep into the luxury tax to pay them

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
This would be my best offer (if another team offers more, they can have him):

Tatum, MLE Player, Baynes or Williams, Yabusele, Kings pick, Grizzlies pick, Clippers pick, Celtics pick.

If the Pelicans want Tatum, then it means that Irving, Smart and Brown are off-limits. Rozier and Morris are also available for sign-and-trade scenarios, but that seems hard to pull off. Would it be necessary to expand the trade for salary matching purposes, then I'm willing to put either Hayward or Horford in the deal in exchange for Holiday.

By the way, I'm totally convinced that Ainge will trade for Davis and that Irving will re-sign, the only thing I'm worried about is the price that we're going to pay. I believe that Irving, Hayward and Horford are safe anyway, because they have more value to the Celtics than to the Pelicans.

But I hope we don't trade away our longterm future for a 4-year window based on the duo Irving/Davis with help from Rozier/Hayward/Morris/Horford/Baynes and ring chasers. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:39:46 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 06:34:50 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Tatum, Yabu, MLE player, Rozier S+T, Sac 1st, Mem 1st, and better of LAC/Boston 1sts.

Keep Smart and Brown at all costs.

I like this a lot however I thought you couldn’t combine salaries in a S&T.  Then I thought I read you could only if the receiving team is under the cap.  I’m not entirely sure now though.

If Horford opts in I have him going to a 3rd team ( an example would be Portland sending Nurkic (cost controlled for 3 years) Turner (expiring contract), and a protected first to NO.  We send everything we do in that first deal but maybe we get to hold onto the Grizzlies pick or something else. The Horford situation is murky though because of that opt out option.

This is my trade, also.

Best as I can tell, you can offer S&T, but it only counts as 50% of salary going out for matching purposes.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
No way tatum goes.

Why isn’t a Brown, rozier williams and 4 picks + filler not a good offer, considering that they don’t want to deal with our biggest competition (lakers)?

Whey get two instant starter/high potential expirienced players and a bunch of picks.

No matter what, in danny i trust
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 07:33:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No way tatum goes.

Why isn’t a Brown, rozier williams and 4 picks + filler not a good offer, considering that they don’t want to deal with our biggest competition (lakers)?

Whey get two instant starter/high potential expirienced players and a bunch of picks.

No matter what, in danny i trust

They’re fine dealing with the Lakers, just not without hearing all offers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 07:58:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If we win the championship, why would we need Davis?

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 03:03:22 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
If we win the championship, why would we need Davis?

We have no bigs if Al gets hurt.  Baynes is always hurt and Williams isn’t ready.  We have a ton of wing depth and New Orleans needs wings.  If we just traded a few guys...

PG  Kyrie Irving 
      Terry Rozier 
      Brad Wanamaker

SG  Marcus Smart
      Jaylen Brown
      P.J. Dozier

SF  Jayson Tatum
      Gordon Hayward
      Semi Ojeleye

PF  Marcus Morris
     Daniel Theis
     Guerschon Yabusele

C   Al Horford
     Aron Baynes
     Robert Williams

Imagine Davis in that PF or C slot with Al.  Hayward moves into a starting role as he’s improved and potentially Brown moving up if he stays.  Guys in their starting roles rather than too many mouth to feed, and a legit big in town.  It’s so much more of a complete team.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:15:22 AM by C3LTSF4N »

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 06:02:24 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
We should probably look at other trades for uberstars. KG netted Minny 2 young prospects with upside and not too much more of real value, role players and low picks.

AD is on that level, but our prospects are better. Tatum>>Big Al. Smart>>Banks. Brown>>Green.

Is AD>KG?   Blasphemy?

Tatum, Brown, filler, or Tatum, Smart, filler, or Tatum, picks, filler?

Those seem to be the choices. The rest is arithmetic.

Personally, to quote Doc, I like our guys. I do have to agree that a small-for-big trade would balance the roster and fill a huge void; filling that void with AD makes us legit Finals contenders in any book.

It would be hard to "lose" a trade where we get AD though, at almost any price.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 07:04:30 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Let's see if Sac and Grizz convey their picks first.

It's an absolute rarity that someone like Tatum gets traded for a superstar. Wiggins for Love is the last I can recall and that didn't end up being a good thing for the Twolves.

Brown isn't good enough to be a centrepiece hy himself but let's see what they are looking for. Most teams like picks so they can control their future. Add in Williams and there's a nice few pieces to go along with the main prize.

I do think we add an MLE guy before the end of the year to use as filler. I don't think we want to trade Smart, he's a win now piece that facilitates.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 08:31:37 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Tatum, Smart or Brown, Williams, Yabu, 3 #1s of NOP's choice SAC #1, MEM #1, better of LAC / BOS #1.

Just hypothetically, what do you guys think happens to Danny if AD walks after a year and we gave that up for him? Would he be crucified or would people view that price as being worth paying for the chance to recruit AD to the Celtics for a year?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 08:42:38 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Just hypothetically, what do you guys think happens to Danny if AD walks after a year and we gave that up for him? Would he be crucified or would people view that price as being worth paying for the chance to recruit AD to the Celtics for a year?

Probably a lot like this forum; split.  The ones who were against it would rip on Danny and the ones who view it as a gamble worth taking would understand its part of the business.

With that said I think Ainge would know enough one way or another before taking a calculated risk that was worth taking.

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 08:55:30 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

It's worth it.

Ainge is a gambler.

AD is a generational talent.

You have to roll the dice on this one.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2019, 08:57:19 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Probably a lot like this forum; split.  The ones who were against it would rip on Danny and the ones who view it as a gamble worth taking would understand its part of the business.

With that said I think Ainge would know enough one way or another before taking a calculated risk that was worth taking.

I agree.

If Ainge thinks there is ZERO chance of AD staying in Boston long term, Ainge would back off and not do the deal.

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2019, 11:55:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I agree.

If Ainge thinks there is ZERO chance of AD staying in Boston long term, Ainge would back off and not do the deal.
I think it could be a real possibility that Danny announces he just couldn't meet New Orleans' price so walked away from the deal and drafted players for the Celtics future.

Yup, I think we know if the deal is going down by draft night.