Author Topic: Kemba  (Read 2898 times)

Re: Kemba
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 02:31:56 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Is Kemba's knee problem, an issue where his knee simply doesn't work as it should or is it more of a pain tolerance thing?

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 04:40:59 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Stupid thread. Would like to see locked.

P.S Every single contract in the NBA can be moved...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 05:11:52 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
It's possible that Kemba has negative trade value. The way I see it, he's close to untradeable unless we swap him for another bad contract (let's say Blake Griffin, Love, Tobias, Westbrook etc) or we throw in some sweeteners (picks/prospects).

Personally speaking, I'd consider trading Kemba for Tobias. He's massively overpaid, but he's a versatile player, he's 2 years younger than Kemba and he never had major injury concerns throughout his career. Not sure whether the Sixers would pull the trigger.

Smart - Teague - Pritchard
Brown - Romeo - Edwards
Tobias - Nesmith - Green
Tatum - Grant - Semi
Theis - Thompson - Timelord

(Or Tobi at the 4 and Tatum at the 3. It doesn't really matter.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:05:04 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 08:35:56 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There seem to be a number of people overreacting to Kemba's knee. I understand that it will likely be an issue, but he is still going to play at a very high level moving forward. Having a guy like him as your 3rd option is crazy. In the bubble, when the Cs didn't know how to ramp him up correctly, he still performed well and other teams were running the box-and-1 on him. They won't be able to do that moving forward.

I keep hearing that we need to ship him out asap and that we are stuck with his albatross contract, but I think we should all be very happy that we have a star player like him who is willing to take a backseat to the Jays.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 09:42:48 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 09:19:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
There seem to be a number of people overreacting to Kemba's knee. I understand that it will likely be an issue moving forward, but he is still going to play at a very high level moving forward. Having a guy like him as your 3rd option is crazy. In the bubble, when the Cs didn't know how to ramp him up correctly, he still performed well and other teams were running the box-and-1 on him. They won't be able to do that moving forward.

I keep hearing that we need to ship him out asap and that we are stuck with his albatross contract, but I think we should all be very happy that we have a star player like him who is willing to take a backseat to the Jays.
Yeah we shouldn't be that eager to move him unless we get Harden without moving him in the trade. Still a really good player whose injury is more of a chronic one like Kawhi's thigh, so we can manage it and still have an All-Star calibre player playing for us in the next few years (we can have him come off the bench ala Manu in the regular season so he can ramp up for us in the playoffs when needed).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA