Author Topic: Danny Ainge lied  (Read 4253 times)

Re: Danny Ainge lied
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 04:54:18 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Danny Ainge lied
Too bad Danny ain't in the kindergarten anymore. We would have sent him to the principal's office.

In other shocking news, water is wet.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:02:50 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 06:43:41 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Yeah, we were the only team in the playoffs that wasn't running a 13+ man rotation, clearly Ainge is cheaping out! ::)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 07:08:20 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I misread the title and my heart skipped a beat.
#JKJB

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 07:29:46 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Danny has blown it since the Kyrie trade.  Bad luck sure,  but he screwed it up.

Not really, anyone makes that trade.  Kyrie was coming off a year where he averaged 25.2PPG.  We gave up an injured IT4, Crowder, Zizic, and a 1st and 2nd (after the failed physical).

Personally, I thought he stole him from Cleveland.

Fast forward, GH gets hurt minutes into the season and that changes everything.  Then he gets hurt late into the year.

I'll only say, he screwed up in not getting him signed to an extension, as for the trade, no, pretty spot on.  Sure, he's self absorbed, but he'd look good on the C's right now!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 08:29:28 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Danny has blown it since the Kyrie trade.  Bad luck sure,  but he screwed it up.

Not really, anyone makes that trade.  Kyrie was coming off a year where he averaged 25.2PPG.  We gave up an injured IT4, Crowder, Zizic, and a 1st and 2nd (after the failed physical).

Personally, I thought he stole him from Cleveland.

Fast forward, GH gets hurt minutes into the season and that changes everything.  Then he gets hurt late into the year.

I'll only say, he screwed up in not getting him signed to an extension, as for the trade, no, pretty spot on.  Sure, he's self absorbed, but he'd look good on the C's right now!

Arbitrary NBA rules and injuries ruined what could have been an amazing plan by Ainge. Of course we have Hayward going down, but also Kyrie - which led to the young guys taking over the team too early (thus the drama).

But not being able to sign Kyrie to a full max extension because he was under the old max - before the cap spike - is what led to him making it to UFA. If he had been able to sign the year before when he really wanted to be here, there would be no problem. And of course the Rose Rule prevented us from getting AD (and, worse, led to LAL winning a Title). Healthy Kyrie, AD, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford is insane. People crap all over Ainge, but our roster could have been epic.

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 08:34:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
small potatoes compaired to our politicians

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 08:52:28 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
There should be a rule: to start a new thread you must have at least 100 posts and been a member for at least 3 months.
This "take" is so bad and people are actually taking is serious. Keep calm. We have a decent team.
Could Danny have done more to get some more bench help? He did as much as expected under the circumstances. $25 mil in the bank if/when needed just break glass.
So, O.P., take a seat and enjoy the show.
And since when does this forum allow 12 year old's to open threads?

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 08:53:58 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I misread the title and my heart skipped a beat.
LOL...you and me both...my condolences.

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 09:53:56 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
When will we be able to block useless Troll posts and threads? I feel like I am reading the posts of someone who is locked in Mom's basement and who roots for the Knicks. I am getting tired of coming to the site I love and seeing this issue getting worse and worse. Add a Block/Ignore Button!

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 03:19:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
When will we be able to block useless Troll posts and threads? I feel like I am reading the posts of someone who is locked in Mom's basement and who roots for the Knicks. I am getting tired of coming to the site I love and seeing this issue getting worse and worse. Add a Block/Ignore Button!
If it’s any consolation, I banned him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
If it’s any consolation, I banned him
god bless you one and all...particularly gouki for banning the OP.

my gosh, who the heck were the new posters in the start of this thread? labeling them as trolls is a disservice to trolls. tp for you gouki and others who protested the posting of incompetent slop that never even dreamed of doing research.

::)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva