Author Topic: Wichita St - NIT champions of 2011  (Read 2717 times)

Wichita St - NIT champions of 2011
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I wanted to give Wichita St a shout out for beating 5 tough opponents and winning in Madison Square Garden in the National Invitation Tournament which used to bigger than the NCAAs way back when. The Missouri Valley Conference gets dissed by the NCAA in a big way when it comes to college basketball and a lot of the BCS shcools - particularly the Big 12 avoid putting the MVC schools on their schedule. Winning the conference tournament in St Louis (appropriately named Arch Madness) is the only way to get a bid because the Media concentrated on the coasts draws attention to the Big Least who hogged 11 of the 64 spots and kept out deserving teams like Wichita St and College of Charlestown (Beware of that Goudecock kid who was drilling 3 pointers from all over Kansas and single handedly brought CC back from over 20 down in the 2nd half against Wichita St.

Go Shockers and this gave me energy to follow on and watch the Celtics beat the Spurs in the 2nd half. A little WuShock gave me some energy.
The beatings will continue until morale improves