Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 72935 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2625306/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-banned-for-three-games

Late justice, as we already lost the game, but justice none the less.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2015, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2625306/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-banned-for-three-games

Late justice, as we already lost the game, but justice none the less.

Thank heavens for "retrospective" punishment.  :) 

« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
enger is too tied to this formation. I really dislike Campbell out on the right wing and Oxlade-Chamberlain glued out on the left wing. If you don't have the players you need to play your main formation, change that darn formation!

I'd love to see Arsenal play 2 up front today with Joel Campbell alongside Oliver Giroud.

I've long wanted to see Giroud and Walcott paired up together up front. I think they'd be very good together. The pace of Walcott combined with the target man play and link up of Giroud. Or Alexis Sanchez who I think would thrive with that extra attacking freedom up front alongside Giroud. I thought Sanchez had his best moments in the center last season rather than being pushed out wide by Ozil as he was in the 2nd half of last season and early this season.

« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2015, 04:49:56 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
enger is too tied to this formation. I really dislike Campbell out on the right wing and Oxlade-Chamberlain glued out on the left wing. If you don't have the players you need to play your main formation, change that darn formation!

I'd love to see Arsenal play 2 up front today with Joel Campbell alongside Oliver Giroud.

I've long wanted to see Giroud and Walcott paired up together up front. I think they'd be very good together. The pace of Walcott combined with the target man play and link up of Giroud. Or Alexis Sanchez who I think would thrive with that extra attacking freedom up front alongside Giroud. I thought Sanchez had his best moments in the center last season rather than being pushed out wide by Ozil as he was in the 2nd half of last season and early this season.

What do you think about playing the Ox inside?  I like him there with Alexis and Walcott down the wings.  I also don't see why Giroud and Welbeck cannot form a decent partnership up front. 

« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2015, 09:24:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Tottenham is killing City right now 4-1.

This is what I thought they are capable of at the start of the season.

« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2015, 10:43:28 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
typical spurs.... the most famous underachievers in europe imho

« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
A hat trick today for Alexis Sanchez, after coming up so close fame after game.

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2015, 05:38:33 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Well, I woke up at 0400 hours to have a very unpleasant experience... :(
Pochettino is an excellent manager who always finds a way to do more with less.  He is very good at analyzing his opponent and setting up his team accordingly. 

Joe Lewis shoud open the pocketbook and add to the squad in January.  I agree with you, Yoki, that this squad has some real potential, with fourth place as a ceiling, IMHO. 

« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

What do you think about playing the Ox inside?  I like him there with Alexis and Walcott down the wings.  I also don't see why Giroud and Welbeck cannot form a decent partnership up front.

I am not a fan of Oxlade-Chamberlain. He started very well this season and he may win me over if he maintains this form but I haven't been convinced by him in the past. Occasional great performance mixed with a lot of mediocrity. I thought Ox was out of his depth at Arsenal. That he belonged at a mid-table club. That that was his level.

I am still not entirely convinced that he is skillful enough to be a winger or an attacking midfielder at a title-contender like Arsenal. That he lacks the trickery and vision to unlock defenses regularly at the highest levels. That he is too reliant on his speed and athleticism and while that is good enough against most of the lower and mid-placed Premier League teams ... it is not enough against the best teams of the Premier League or Europe.

I don't like Ox as a central attacking midfielder. I don't think he has the judgement for it. How to organize and manipulate attacking movements. I think he'd do fine as a counter attacking attacking midfielder at a lesser club. Where he could use his pace to good effect. But not in a possession based team like Arsenal where more fantasia is required.

A year ago, I would have said that his best position was as a box-to-box midfielder. I think he is more of an all-rounder than a skillful attacking threat. So I like the box-to-box position for him because it is a great place for him to use his athleticism, strength and stamina along with his well-rounded skill on the ball to strong effect.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has said that he was playing through injuries for the last 2 seasons and that he is finally healthy now ... so maybe his performances this season are his true level and I have been wrong about him in the past. I hope so. It would be nice to see Arsenal get some quality wide play this season. So frustrating when they get obsessed with short passes around the edge of the box against packed defenses and ignore the rest of the width of the pitch.

« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2015, 04:01:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

It was a glorious day as a spurs fan.  Lamela played with attitude and looked like a completely different player than I had ever seen in a spurs uniform.  Son and Erikson both looked dangerous at times.  Dier has really been impressive in a d-Midi roll.  And Hugo continues to be the best Keeper in the league. 

Also Njie is fun to watch in a super sub capacity off the bench.

a top 4 of Kane, Son, Erikson, Lamela   is much more dangerous than what we had at the beginning of the campaign.  Especially if Poch has managed to get erikson and Lamela to track back on D
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2015, 04:11:29 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
And Hugo continues to be the best Keeper in the league. 

that is highly debatable (if not completely wrong)

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
And Hugo continues to be the best Keeper in the league. 

that is highly debatable (if not completely wrong)

Not in my opinion.  He is clearly better than De Gea, Courtois and Howard. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2015, 04:15:58 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Howard is not even in the discussion but clearly better than DeGea and Courtois ? Especialy last season DeGea was the first the second and the third most important factor in MS`s CL qualification.

« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Howard is not even in the discussion but clearly better than DeGea and Courtois ? Especialy last season DeGea was the first the second and the third most important factor in MS`s CL qualification.

Ya, and where do you think Tottenham would have been without Hugo.  Tottenhams Defense was atrocious last season infront of Lloris.  Without him they would have been middle of the table instead of in the Europa league. 

Right now with an improved defense Tottenham has given up two goals in its last 5 PL matches. 

« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2015, 03:50:36 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
The same holds for DeGea. You can check last season`s messages here .... MU`s defense was a reccuring humouristic topic and yet mu gave almost half the goals tottenham did