Author Topic: Kyrie seems to be a lil bit pass-happy  (Read 3985 times)

Kyrie seems to be a lil bit pass-happy
« on: October 17, 2017, 11:20:17 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Im glad that he proved people that he's more than just an iso scorer, but he was passing too much in this game when he could have taken the 4th quarter. I know it will take time, but there is a situation where he needs to turn into iso-Kyrie when needed, especially against poor defenders like Rose. We saw Paul Pierce kill Lebron with his last game isolation shots although not always prefered.

Re: Kyrie seems to be a lil bit pass-happy
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I remember him saying in interviews that throughout the preseason and start of the regular season he'd likely overpass. Think he's still getting used to a completely different team and system
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I remember him saying in interviews that throughout the preseason and start of the regular season he'd likely overpass. Think he's still getting used to a completely different team and system

Yeah, you can definitely see him taking a leadership role on the sidelines, as well. I am not worried about Kyrie - probably just trying to acclimate to his new team. Hopefully we have success this year without Hayward; I would hate for Kyrie to sour on Boston from losing too much.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:24:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
10 assists. Keep passing. He looks like rondo with a jump shot out there.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 12:25:17 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think he overpassed too.  In no world should Kyrie psss to Marcus.  But I'm fine with it. Let him work his way into his role.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 12:56:42 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Are you serious?

Some people just can’t be pleased. Either he’s a ball hog, or he’s too pass happy. He was constantly getting doubled in the 4th quarter, and he made the right play every time. I’ll take that wide open Jaylen 3 in the corner every f*ucking possession. Find something else to cry about.

Someone's getting too emotional, lol. It's not a rant, but rather an observation.
A bad observation at that.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Are you serious?

Some people just can’t be pleased. Either he’s a ball hog, or he’s too pass happy. He was constantly getting doubled in the 4th quarter, and he made the right play every time. I’ll take that wide open Jaylen 3 in the corner every f*ucking possession. Find something else to cry about.

Someone's getting too emotional, lol. It's not a rant, but rather an observation.

You seem upset.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 01:06:21 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Thought he passed poorly early and well later.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 01:09:47 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I couldn't be happier with Kyrie's play in Boston so far, based on what I've watched in the preseason plus looking at the stats today.

The way I see it, a 22 PTS / 10 AST game is much more impactful then a 27 PTS, 4 AST game.  He'll he even had three steals (and I've heard a few people say he played pretty good  defence).

Everybody on the planet knows how elite Kyrie is as a scorer - his ability to score one-on-one is something that is well documented, and something he really does not need to prove (or even work on, really).  That's the one thing we ALL know he can do.

But if Kyrie can average 7-9 assist per game, play at least average level defence, and continue to score the ball the way he has throughout his career...you might be looking at a top 10 player in this league. 

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 07:57:05 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Looked like he had some jitters being back in Cleveland with his new team. A bit unsure of himself and when / where to do what at times.

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 07:59:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The whole team had jitters after the injury.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 08:06:26 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Our offense is actually a "pass-happy" offense, but we didn't have the cold-blooded shooters to make it work perfectly... which is why Love was such a big target.

IT's dominance came when we needed scores that our system wasn't providing. Kyrie will find his balance as well soon... but may not need to. I can easily see him averaging 10 assists if players like Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Horford can hit their shots.

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:31 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Are you serious?

You seem upset.
You seem to have nothing to add.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Are you serious?

You seem upset.
You seem to have nothing to add.

I do. Kyrie have forced things in the Bucks game. Seems uncomfortable. Still have found his groove. I'm not really worried nor I do take crap about the guy. He's getting better but still not comfortable yet.

But again, you're over defensive over nothing. Swearing and telling me to go cry somewhere is kinda bit of rude, isn't it? If that's not upset, I don't know what it is.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:18:02 PM by mr. dee »

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 09:38:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Kyrie is an excellent player.  He's faced with the challenge of adjusting to a new system while simultaneously establishing himself as a leader and NBA superstar.  Let's relax, cut him some slack, and enjoy the ride.  Sheesh, people.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC