Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67164 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
How about Brooklyn?

Maybe they'd be willing to make a deal to get out of DWill and JJ's contract.

Rondo/Jeff Green/Bass/Anthony/Bogan's deal for
DWill and JJ.

Brooklyn gets future cap relief and reunites KG with more former Celt teammates.
Celts rebuild gets expedited, they return to being a playoff team with a lineup of DWill/AB/JJ/Sullinger/Olynyk/Zeller.

Plus, a "5 for 2" move helps clear up the Celts roster jam.

A win/win for both teams.

I think both Brooklyn's fanbase and management is so jaded after the Piece/KG trade that they would never consider this.

That's funny because that's the same we heard about Love and MN.  Danny has to quit raping these other GM's.

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 11:20:43 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Great news!!! Trade the overrated Role Player to some sucker team.

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 11:23:24 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
How about Brooklyn?

DWill and JJ.

Brooklyn gets future cap relief and reunites KG with more former Celt teammates.
Celts rebuild gets expedited, they return to being a playoff team with a lineup of DWill/AB/JJ/Sullinger/Olynyk/Zeller.

I think both Brooklyn's fanbase and management is so jaded after the Piece/KG trade that they would never consider this.

That's funny because that's the same we heard about Love and MN.  Danny has to quit raping these other GM's.

So the nets trade to become us... Who was top 3 worse team ,lottery team last year. Mmk

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
She stated sac can give up mclemore and thomas and someone corrected her that thomas is in phx now.

If she doesnt even know that not sure what to think about what she is spitting out.

Also the Wyc Als bucket that was done last week doesnt show me that anyone wants to split up.

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Credit for this goes to DarkAzcura on RealGM.
Behind the scenes before going to air on 'Behind the Horn' this week.
Just a little off season banter from Jackie Mac. She seems to swear by it? Who's her source? There can't be that many people who would know about this. Hard part about watching this is realizing they are off air and she's just talking candidly about it.

*says he's told them he wants out
*says she's not sure who the Celtics can get any kind of equal value back from because the Knicks have nothing and Rondo has said he'll never re-sign in Sacramento.
*Interesting point she makes is that Doc is 'done' with Rondo, and Rondo drives him nuts.

While this isn't a comment on whether Rondo will get traded or not, you'd have to wonder how plugged in Jackie is when this was just in the globe.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/08/12/clippers-sale-steve-ballmer-goes-through/wzUdLhetoT7OQVkTKSa3uM/story.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rondo and Rivers have maintained a close relationship and the two have talked often this summer.

“Rondo’s going to be great this year,” Rivers said. “He’s going to be healthy. It’s the following year [after ACL surgery] that you become who you were. So I think Rondo will have a great year. And I think that will be great for the team.

“I do talk to Rondo. I don’t get into [his contract] because that’s an uncomfortable area for me and him, probably. So we don’t even touch that. I just think that he’s in a good frame of mind; that’s all that counts.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like she's just dredging up out of date comments (including the Kings and Thomas as a possible trade). If nothing else you can certainly see that she really wants the team to trade Rondo, whether any of the rest of it is accurate remains to be seen.

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This is a... weird video....

I love Jackie Mac's writing but this was odd. First, she says "he wants out, I keep saying it but no one believes me." That's a weird thing for any reporter to say. She basically undermined her own credibility. Is this a story she's been trying to push and no one wants to run it? Then there's the "kings will trade Isaiah Thomas for him" only to be corrected by the host.

And agree to disagree, but the Doc comments seemed forced. Doc isn't a Celtic anymore, he has no reason to toe the company line. He could pretty much just decline any comment on Rondo instead of constantly praising him in articles. Why even bring him up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
How about Brooklyn?

DWill and JJ.

Because Brooklyn is clearly prioritizing making a 38-year-old, beyond declining KG feel comfortable in what very well may be his last year.  :P

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Okay, so

1 How candid was that footage, really? They do it on PTI too and it always feels so contrived to me.

2 Any outsider could look at the condition of the team, how good we are currently with where our talent lies, and realize we may be better off adding eggs to the basket of the sub 25 year olds. And obviously, we just drafted a PG with the 6th pick. A parting of the ways looks mutually beneficial.

3 Her response to that guy's stupid suggestion of the Clippers isn't really an indictment on Rondo. That he even proposed them(LAC) is baffling, and so what if "Doc's done with him"? Coaches and players butt heads constantly. Doc, Danny, and C's ownership were done with Pierce after 04-05. And now, the Celtics are done with Doc.

4 If Boston wanted Rondo bad enough, they could probably keep him. They can give him more money than anyone, and that's hard to pass up. My guess is they'd much sooner trade him for peanuts than give him the max, though.

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Great news!!! Trade the overrated Role Player to some sucker team.

Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself. Overrated role player. What a joke

On another note, in my opinion, Jackie has had it in for Rondo for some time now. I don't think her sources are as great as some others here think.

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Like with a lot of the local reporters on Rondo, Jackie didn't seem to me like someone who was just reporting the facts, but rather like someone who has an axe to grind with the point guard of the Boston Celtics.

Shame on the whole lot of them.  This may sound like a crazy conspiracy theory, but I think the local sports media is fed up with the way they have been treated by the sarcastic Rondo, and are purely and simply just trying to gang up on him to get even. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It makes sense to move him. He doesn't mesh with the team were putting together. He and Evan turner would be a disaster. He and Marcus smart seem like a poor fit. He's smart and he knows that. Ainge is building a team, again, with a cast of characters that don't fit.

It's setting rondo up to be on a frustratingly bad team with absolutely no synergy. That won't help him in a contract year. I'm sure his agent knows this better then anyone.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 11:53:59 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This is such BS to me.  She says" Rondo has already told them , I want out and will never re-sign with you " . There is no way in hell he would say that , because the C's can offer him 20 mil + more (if they want to sign him to the max) than any other team in the NBA , just like what happened with Melo staying in NY.

Plus the C's still have a lot of your prospects with good upside(Smart,KO,Sully) who could up their trade value by the deadline when some teams could be sellers . Plus tons of draft picks left .

Jackie seems like she is stroking her own ego " no one believes me "  Why would anyone believe a statement like "Rondo has told them flat out, I will never re-sign with you" ? 

A lot of things can change for the positive by the trading deadline , especially if the younger guys continue to develop and become borderline all-stars , which I think Sully and Smart have the chance to be, if they put in the work. Or they become trade chips for a bigger star at the deadline .

No way I'm trading Rondo for McLemore and filler , he is a top 5 PG in this league still , and will show it this year .

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just a little off season banter from Jackie Mac. She seems to swear by it? Who's her source? There can't be that many people who would know about this. Hard part about watching this is realizing they are off air and she's just talking candidly about it.

*says she's not sure who the Celtics can get any kind of equal value back from because the Knicks have nothing and Rondo has said he'll never re-sign in Sacramento.
*Interesting point she makes is that Doc is 'done' with Rondo, and Rondo drives him nuts.

While this isn't a comment on whether Rondo will get traded or not, you'd have to wonder how plugged in Jackie is when this was just in the globe.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/08/12/clippers-sale-steve-ballmer-goes-through/wzUdLhetoT7OQVkTKSa3uM/story.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rondo and Rivers have maintained a close relationship and the two have talked often this summer.

“Rondo’s going to be great this year,” Rivers said. “He’s going to be healthy. It’s the following year [after ACL surgery] that you become who you were. So I think Rondo will have a great year. And I think that will be great for the team.

“I do talk to Rondo. I don’t get into [his contract] because that’s an uncomfortable area for me and him, probably. So we don’t even touch that. I just think that he’s in a good frame of mind; that’s all that counts.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like she's just dredging up out of date comments (including the Kings and Thomas as a possible trade). If nothing else you can certainly see that she really wants the team to trade Rondo, whether any of the rest of it is accurate remains to be seen.

Tim even though they talk, doesnt mean doc wants to coach/work with Rondo again. IF chris paul was the main guy left over after kg and pp were traded , i bet rivers would have stayed

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I knew before I clicked on this thread there would be people in here discrediting Jackie Mac because her news doesn't fit what they want. Whether she breaks stories or not she has more sources and inside knowledge of the organization than any other local beat writer.

Does she saying this mean that Rondo being traded is a done deal? Obviously not, but I don't think shes just making up stories so she has something to talk about when she goes on ESPN.

I came here to post this sentiment, more or less, and it's only been reinforced over the last page or so.

that said, there's really nothing more to that video than riffing to fill up dead air.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:06:30 PM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Tim even though they talk, doesnt mean doc wants to coach/work with Rondo again. IF chris paul was the main guy left over after kg and pp were traded , i bet rivers would have stayed

If Chris Paul was the guy left, he would've demanded a trade and Doc would likely still be coaching another team.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman