Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67162 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
*says he's told them he wants out
*says she's not sure who the Celtics can get any kind of equal value back from because the Knicks have nothing and Rondo has said he'll never re-sign in Sacramento.
*Interesting point she makes is that Doc is 'done' with Rondo, and Rondo drives him nuts.

This situation -- if true -- sounds very similar to Kevin Love in Minnesota. Hopefully Ainge won't panic, will realize he has several months to find the right deal, and will be patient.

Sacto doesn't interest me, the Knicks have nothing to offer, and nor does Houston. Odds are, some team will find themselves unexpectedly in the playoff race and will increase their bid on Rondo to make the jump to a possible contender.

Quick glance at rosters as they stand, I could see Orlando being that team. Oladipo is expected to elevate his game this year, and Frye and Vucevic are a great front-court pair. Adding Rondo and allowing Oladipo to slide to the off-guard spot would be ideal, and they have a lot of young guys they could move in exchange: Payton, Fournier, Harkless, Harris, Gordon.

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I knew before I clicked on this thread there would be people in here discrediting Jackie Mac because her news doesn't fit what they want. Whether she breaks stories or not she has more sources and inside knowledge of the organization than any other local beat writer.

Does she saying this mean that Rondo being traded is a done deal? Obviously not, but I don't think shes just making up stories so she has something to talk about when she goes on ESPN.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I knew before I clicked on this thread there would be people in here discrediting Jackie Mac because her news doesn't fit what they want. Whether she breaks stories or not she has more sources and inside knowledge of the organization than any other local beat writer.

Does she saying this mean that Rondo being traded is a done deal? Obviously not, but I don't think shes just making up stories so she has something to talk about when she goes on ESPN.
I don't think anyone's out to discredit Jackie. I just think considering how often there are "Rondo is gone" rumors, even from a reputable source, it's treated with skepticism. That said, sometime next season, of all the times, is probably the most likely Rondo will be traded.

I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if it doesn't happen though. I'd be more surprised if he is shipped out honestly.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
[...]
Waiting to sign that blockbuster free agent is fool's gold. This franchise has no history of ever attracting that kind of free agent.
I completely agree with this. 

I've long thought that Rondo is going to be traded NLT the deadline this year anyway, and this just adds to that line of thought.

I've read that Sac would be willing to trade for him even without assurances of a re-sign.  I think somebody will offer Danny more than negative value (or just enough value to make it better than just letting him get to free agency) so that Danny will do a trade.  I don't buy into letting him go for nothing and putting a lot of eggs into hoping for a big free agent to come here.  Just don't think Danny will go that route.  He'll not risk getting no value in return for Rondo.

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
why would Indiana give up Hibbert for Rondo. Too many on this site over-value Rondo and undervalue Hibbert. So Hibbert had a bad year, unless there is something personal going on with him that Indiana needs to trade him they are not giving him up at all, much less giving him up in a fire sale.

Indian has been trying to move Hibbert even before George went down. He likely needs a change of scenery to get away from personal issues he had in Indiana that contributed to his poor season. Or they may think he is overpaid for what he is. In either case, Bird is a huge fan of Rondo, I think he would jump at the chance to grab Rondo for Hibbert, and if what Jackie says is true regarding Rondo wanting out, then I would jump at the chance to get a legit center like Hibbert for Rondo, and let Smart take over the PG role.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 10:24:19 AM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
Well. I just went to the almighty google and did a search for "Macmullan Rondo" for the last 24 hours and the last hour and now it looks like this is blowing up.

It's going to be painful over the next few days.

"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »

fitzhickey

This franchise has no history of ever attracting that kind of free agent.
Don't know how many times I need to make this point, but when has Boston ever been i the running for a legitimate big time FA and lost out?

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 10:57:38 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Where there's smoke.. There's fire.

Don't care what the company line is. Rondo won't enjoy being on this team next year with the direction we are going.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I would go the opposite direction and say she is the first person who I have found credible about discussing Rondo wanting out.  Previous reports seemed to be based more on what they would do in Rondo's place.

I am curious to find out if Rondo wants out because he just doesn't want to be in Boston even if Ainge can put together another contender or if he would change his mind if the team gets better.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:19 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Sounds to me like this should have gone in the Rumors section.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:04 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How about Brooklyn?

Maybe they'd be willing to make a deal to get out of DWill and JJ's contract.

Rondo/Jeff Green/Bass/Anthony/Bogan's deal for
DWill and JJ.

Brooklyn gets future cap relief and reunites KG with more former Celt teammates.
Celts rebuild gets expedited, they return to being a playoff team with a lineup of DWill/AB/JJ/Sullinger/Olynyk/Zeller.

Plus, a "5 for 2" move helps clear up the Celts roster jam.

A win/win for both teams.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
[...]
Waiting to sign that blockbuster free agent is fool's gold. This franchise has no history of ever attracting that kind of free agent.
I completely agree with this. 

I've long thought that Rondo is going to be traded NLT the deadline this year anyway, and this just adds to that line of thought.

I've read that Sac would be willing to trade for him even without assurances of a re-sign.  I think somebody will offer Danny more than negative value (or just enough value to make it better than just letting him get to free agency) so that Danny will do a trade.  I don't buy into letting him go for nothing and putting a lot of eggs into hoping for a big free agent to come here.  Just don't think Danny will go that route.  He'll not risk getting no value in return for Rondo.

I feel the opposite.  I think Ainge is perfectly willing to risk getting no value in return for Rondo if he gets sufficient value in the cases where Rondo doesn't leave with nothing in return.  I will listen to an argument that Ainge doesn't believe he will get that level of value, but I will never believe that Ainge won't gamble if he thinks the reward is sufficiently high if he wins the bet.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
How about Brooklyn?

Maybe they'd be willing to make a deal to get out of DWill and JJ's contract.

Rondo/Jeff Green/Bass/Anthony/Bogan's deal for
DWill and JJ.

Brooklyn gets future cap relief and reunites KG with more former Celt teammates.
Celts rebuild gets expedited, they return to being a playoff team with a lineup of DWill/AB/JJ/Sullinger/Olynyk/Zeller.

Plus, a "5 for 2" move helps clear up the Celts roster jam.

A win/win for both teams.

I think both Brooklyn's fanbase and management is so jaded after the Piece/KG trade that they would never consider this.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
And BBallTim goes AWOL...

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
With the direction thisbteam is headed, cant blame him. Were a few years away from contending and Rondo probably not just wants to get paid, but win. He wont get that here.

Ay ya... That sucks.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace