Author Topic: Favorite MJ video besides thriller?  (Read 25293 times)

Re: Favorite MJ video besides thriller?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Why do we now idolize a known pedophile and drug abuser??????????  I am with you Afflatus!!!

Nobody is asking you to Idolize anybody.  Just dont purposfully cause trouble just for the sake of causing trouble.  He could have left it alone and let the thread keep going instead he decided to be a jerk. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 11:37:41 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Rondo2287,

MJ was a great musical talent, but was an utter disaster in about every phase of his real life.  Please balance your worship of his music with some sympathy and empathy for the innocence of the many children that he stole, OK?

Smitty

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 11:39:18 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
then start up your own thread dude and talk about how bad he was.  Or how about how bad parents are that subjected their kids to that just so that they could then sue him and make a few bucks.  But please dont ambush this thread with negativity. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:47:50 PM by Rondo2287 »
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also what is phenomenal is how "Beat It" is straight out of West Side Story

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Also what is phenomenal is how "Beat It" is straight out of West Side Story

Can't deny the Weird Al cover of 'Beat It' either.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:40 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
When he dunks on pretty much the whole NY Knicks... Oh wait.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 03:09:37 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
When he dunks on pretty much the whole NY Knicks... Oh wait.

Good one, TP.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »

Offline afflatus

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
well I would say disrespecting a dead man on a blog is a major withdrawal from the Karma bank.  So good luck with that one. I dont expect everyone to be a fan, but I do expect you to be respectful to those of us that are fans. 

A question was asked, and I answered it. Plain and simple. The question was about a video, I can't see why choosing the video is disrespectful. The video could be seen as him fighting back at his critics and making a stand for himself and informing everyone about the unfair harassment he has been receiving. But no, some of you CHOSE to think I liked it because it was a reflecting on him touching little boys. If there is anything I said that blatantly proves this, let me know and I will apologize.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Just don't be a jerk.  And as I said, Karma.  You know what you were doing by talking about that video and dont pretend like you didnt. 

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
this one is easy, smooth criminal!

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 03:25:49 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Rondo2287,

MJ was a great musical talent, but was an utter disaster in about every phase of his real life.  Please balance your worship of his music with some sympathy and empathy for the innocence of the many children that he stole, OK?

Smitty

I love how everyone thinks he's a child molestor. He never did anything, he was never convicted of anything. Yeah he was a little weird, but he was a great guy and never harmed anyone.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Rondo2287,

Smitty

I love how everyone thinks he's a child molestor. He never did anything, he was never convicted of anything. Yeah he was a little weird, but he was a great guy and never harmed anyone.

Exactly, and I appreciate that, but I really dont want to talk about alligations or anything like that.  I think if you wanna talk about that go ahead and start another thread.  But this is supporting his musical talent and the fact that he is greatest entertainer of all time. 

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Rondo2287,

Smitty

Exactly, and I appreciate that, but I really dont want to talk about alligations or anything like that.  I think if you wanna talk about that go ahead and start another thread.  But this is supporting his musical talent and the fact that he is greatest entertainer of all time. 

Something that nobody could ever doubt no matter how much they hate him.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i dont know if he molested anyone bc i was never there.  he was definitely odd and had odd relationships with kids, which is why it is easy to think of him as a pedophile, even though he wasnt convicted.

he definitely suffered from significant PTSD from his upbringing, which probably led to his being odd.

with that said, he was an UNBELIEVABLE musician and performer.  whether you liked him as a person, liked his music, etc......you have to respect what he did for music.

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »

Offline afflatus

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
Just don't be a jerk.  And as I said, Karma.  You know what you were doing by talking about that video and dont pretend like you didnt. 

Choose to believe what you want to believe bud. I'm getting the karma already. I'm being misunderstood and judged already...just like Mike.

Peace.