Author Topic: Joakim Noah  (Read 8362 times)

Re: Joakim Noah
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 03:22:04 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
If the Celtics are indeed defense-first, they're doing a god-awful job of adhering to that ideology.

We don't have enough talent in the front court to be a good defensive team. When KO and Sully are your best bigs, expect the opponents to score at will.

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 06:36:16 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Butler is in a 10* better system.  If shump was on the bulls he'd put up almost the same numbers.  If your laughing at that you don't know anything about basketball.  Or maybe your one of those ignorant fans who blindly talks smack about teams in our division.  "I hate the Knicks so everyone they have is awful".  Or more realistically your one of those fans who only watches celtics game so you only judge talent by how they play against us.  Maybe look at espn every once in a while for season averages lol.  See them every day smh lol Hahahahaha.  Butler had a good game against us and now he's a budding star, good one.  Both players are high upside all around players.
I watch portions of almost every NBA game, let alone sportscenter.  You're wrong.  Iman Shumpert is not a good player.  Jimmy Butler is a strong 2-way player with elite defensive ability.  If Shump was on the Bulls, he probably wouldn't get off the bench.  He can't knock down open shots consistently and he has too many lapses on defense.

Iman Shumpert is quite possibly the most overrated player of the past 3 years or so. He's the only young asset on The Knicks so their fan base has created an almost cult like following for him. Suddenly this mediocre player putting up 11 points a game on team with tons of opportunity is being suggested to be traded for the likes of Rondo, Lowry, Farried and Marc Gasol. 

Sorry he's just not that good. He doesn't care enough about basketball to be great, instead he chooses to focus on his music career during the offseason when players like Jimmy Butler are in the gym putting in work to improve their game. Shumpert is closer to current day Caron Butler than Jimmy Butler. And before you call my assessment biased I have League Pass and have watched The Knicks 5 times this year.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:43:27 AM by Smartacus »

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 06:42:36 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
As for Joakim Noah, I don't see any way he would try to force his way off the bulls.  We have a chance once his contract is up but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would jeopardize team chemistry in the middle of a title run to force his way off the team. Seems like he is enjoying playing with Gasol too.