Author Topic: How awesome was Jeff Green  (Read 10494 times)

Re: How awesome was Jeff Green
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 06:33:08 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
great job on defense by jeff which is oddly more important than the nice job on offense he did
the playoffs in the east go through the sf position, lebron and carmelo are younger, bigger and more athletic than pierce is now, green will be a difference
pierce played on 1 leg last year and we almost beat miami, backup sf was pietrus? last year who was also injured

if ainge's plan does work our sf and sg positions don't have much of a let down when subs come in, almost tommy ball like, run opposing teams into the ground

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I think Green needs to play at least 25 mpg.  He seems to need to get into a rhythm.  He's not effective when he only plays 15 minutes.

I agree...offensively he is an iso player so he needs to settle in. It's not like he's coming in and moving a lot away from the ball and getting easy looks....which would be nice but right now it isn't his game.

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I really liked what I saw from Green on defense.

His shooting is flukey because he doesn't consistently take high percentage shots or get to the line.  I think he's slowly figuring out ways to operate in the half-court set, but he's always going to have a much easier time scoring when the Celtics get out in transition.  Now that they're getting more stops, they'll get in transition more and that should help him find himself. 

I hope.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 08:40:52 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Nothing wrong with his two dunks in the first half of the Phoenix game. 

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
I think Green needs to play at least 25 mpg.  He seems to need to get into a rhythm.  He's not effective when he only plays 15 minutes.

I agree...offensively he is an iso player so he needs to settle in. It's not like he's coming in and moving a lot away from the ball and getting easy looks....which would be nice but right now it isn't his game.

If our offense continues to click, Pierce's minutes could be decreased to give Jeff more, benefiting Paul and Jeff. We don't need to wear out our 35 year old scoring machine in the regular season, let him do his crafty 30-point games in the playoffs.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
oops wrong thread

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 10:48:44 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://www.nba.com/games/20130109/PHXBOS/gameinfo.html

All 3 Jeff Green dunks making the highlights for the game. Love it.

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 12:52:19 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
This thread has the potential to be as epic as the Avery Bradley = garbage thread, for a non-ironic reason. Green is really coming into his own now.

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 02:51:53 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I have a formula for the past two games.

The better guard defense has caused more turnovers.

More turnovers lead to more transition opportunities.

More transition opportunities means more chances for jeff to jam on people's heads.

More jams lead to beastmode jeff appearing.

Beastmode jeff leads to better numbers.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 02:55:26 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 03:30:23 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Unless Jeff is wide open, I don't want him taking more than 3 or 4 shots outside of 18 feet. He is so much more deadly for this team as a slasher. Sure, feed him on the perimeter to give his lengthiness some spacing. He is by far the best slasher on the team besides Rondo, and he has the size/athleticism to be one of the most effective in the league. His freethrow shooting is solid.

How is Doc not drawing up more plays for this guy, that we pay 8 mil and change????

Green should be coming in as the 6th man, over Terry, for Pierce. Give him 25-30mpg. Take some more minutes off of the regular season workload for PP, and just plain take them away from Bass and give them to Green/Sully. I'm tired of seeing Bass's predictable, weak-sauce 8-12 footers chiming off the rim.

Bass needs to be banging the boards down low, and throwing his body around underneath. He has the strength to be a lot scrappier......he should be taking notes from Sullinger at this point. Bass needs to covert to more of a Powe, garbage man for this team.

Define the roles Doc!

(I may get totally blasted for this observation, but does Jeff Green not show some flashes of DR J in his game, or am I totally high? Obviously not from a consistency point of view, but just the way his arms and body move when he makes strong plays towards the basket. Aggressive in the most graceful way possible. He really could be one of the better slashers in the league if he played angry all the time. Looked like he had something to prove tonite, a year after his surgery.)

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 04:35:35 AM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
I wish some of KG's aggressiveness would rub off on Green all the time. He'd be a super player with a little aggression.

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 06:35:37 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

More transition opportunities means more chances for jeff to jam on people's heads.

Actually, he jams on peoples heads when he gets set in iso situations and beats PFs, who have no business manning him up, off the dribble.

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Actually, he jams on peoples heads when he gets set in iso situations and beats PFs, who have no business manning him up, off the dribble.

Well Im not sure it matters whether you're a PF or a SF. If jeff gets a step on you on that left hand wing and you allow him to wheel around on his right hand....it will end in JAM  :P

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 07:37:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When Green drives for baskets good things happen to his game.

He shoots better, plays better defense etc.

If Green playing this way, he is worth what he was signed for and we don't need to trade him away.

If he can do a pattern of three good games in a row then play one mediocre/bad game, i can live with that