Author Topic: A trade for Towns wouldn't cost as much as AD  (Read 3208 times)

Re: A trade for Towns wouldn't cost as much as AD
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 10:15:57 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
We have three first round picks this year.

How about we draft some bigs?

Which is why i'll never understand this board. That's all they have to do.

They have a young team, so they should get young players to GROW with each other.  I don't understand why that concept is so hard to understand. We're a contender looking for ONE piece.

Why blow it up and then need FOUR pieces. They'll be chasing their tail.

We have enough picks to find something we can work with.

Another thing is Durant is a better fit than anyone for this team and is Kyrie's best friend.

Why are people even thinking about Davis now? Things change and I just don't see Brad using Davis correctly.

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

They have a young team, so they should get young players to GROW with each other.  I don't understand why that concept is so hard to understand. We're a contender looking for ONE piece.

Another thing is Durant is a better fit than anyone for this team and is Kyrie's best friend.

Why are people even thinking about Davis now? Things change and I just don't see Brad using Davis correctly.

If you don't mind could you explain how we could get Durant ?

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 10:42:22 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Shh... Don't think about it. We'll magically get him the same way other teams will magically just trade their best players for no reason. I feel like this place's intelligence level has nosedived recently.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 10:46:40 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Well, there's a contingent of people who don't understand the salary cap who think we can just sign him.

But, the only other theory that has any semblance of a possibility - albeit a very small one - is Durant telling GSW that he is absolutely leaving and only wants to go to Boston (he would then opt into the last year of his contract). In that case, Boston would apparently trade Hayward and maybe a lesser pick or two so that GSW wouldn't be left with nothing - perfect use of a double-negative if I do say so myself  :P

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 10:50:54 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Just on durability alone I would take KAT over AD. The reason why Tatum could be held back is because they have Wiggins and Covington.

As for KAT not being available. After seeing AD become available, I don't question what teams are willing to do these days especially when they continue to lose. The TWolves were suppose be a playoff team this year.

The Wolves could easily rebuild with
Rozier\Jones
Brown\Okogie
Wiggins
Gibson
Williams

Draft pick #1
Draft pick #2

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Just on durability alone I would take KAT over AD. The reason why Tatum could be held back is because they have Wiggins and Covington.

As for KAT not being available. After seeing AD become available, I don't question what teams are willing to do these days especially when they continue to lose. The TWolves were suppose be a playoff team this year.

Rozier\Jones
Brown\Okogie
Wiggins
Gibson
Williams

Draft pick #1
Draft pick #2
Are you serious? That's an awful trade for the Timberwolves. They just sign KAT to a max extension, and he's the only player that isn't a dumpster fire on that team. Say it with me now, the Timberwolves aren't trading KAT.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 11:47:01 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Well, there's a contingent of people who don't understand the salary cap who think we can just sign him.

But, the only other theory that has any semblance of a possibility - albeit a very small one - is Durant telling GSW that he is absolutely leaving and only wants to go to Boston (he would then opt into the last year of his contract). In that case, Boston would apparently trade Hayward and maybe a lesser pick or two so that GSW wouldn't be left with nothing - perfect use of a double-negative if I do say so myself  :P

I know that
You know that
Lots of others know that

I don't know if Triplenickle knows that considering he has such strong opinions

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Rozier\Jones
Brown\Okogie
Wiggins
Gibson
Williams

Draft pick #1
Draft pick #2

You guys do realize the point of a re-build right?
It's to either tank, or be able to collect the right assets to trade or build towards obtaining a young perennial All-Star.

You don't trade away 24.6 PPG, 12.3 RPG, 3.3 APG, and 41% 3PA, and 81% FT big men...

Those rarely come, if ever. In NBA history only players like Duncan, KG, and Wilt have managed to hit those numbers, that's also excluding the fact Anthony can hit the 3 pretty well.

So in OP's original answer to his headline.

Yes.

A trade for Towns wouldn't cost as much.

It would only cost twice as much as AD for 5 years of control, and potential super-stardom.

Defense is important, but it's relatively easier to find defensive minded players to tool around said offensive superstar.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 12:00:10 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Minny isn't trading KAT.  He's been an absolute monster over the past few months.  If he plays like that all next year, the TWolves should make the playoffs and he will look like a top 8-10 player.  He won't cost half as much as AD, as others have pointed out. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 12:22:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It would cost MORE for KAt not less than AD at this time. DA would have to pry him away offering the franchise ...LOL...KAThas made no indications about leaving I ve heard .  where as AD ...is leaving , and thus Pels have to deal and take best offer.  Not equal situations .

Davis is better , but may be more i jury prone too. 

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 12:26:19 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Minny isn't trading KAT.  He's been an absolute monster over the past few months.  If he plays like that all next year, the TWolves should make the playoffs and he will look like a top 8-10 player.  He won't cost half as much as AD, as others have pointed out.

How would he not cost twice as much as AD? He's cost controlled, younger, and has a better offensive skillset than AD. Also far far more durable. 
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 12:30:29 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

How would he not cost twice as much as AD? He's cost controlled, younger, and has a better offensive skillset than AD. Also far far more durable.

He probably would, but I don't even think of it like that.  Davis is available and we are frontrunners.  KAT is simply not available, cost be [dang]ed.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 12:50:51 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

It's definitely their biggest area of need.  If Al Horford leaves in free agency this team will struggle to stay .500.

However, the Celtics history of drafting big men is pretty depressing.  It's almost like they have no ability to evaluate draft eligible big men whatsoever.

a) Al is not leaving, probably will sign a long term deal
b) even if he leaves, Smart, Brown and Tatum alone give you .500 in the east.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Yeah, the cost would be double to get Towns as opposed to Davis. Towns is Minny's franchise player and they just locked him up to an extension. Don't see him going anywhere.

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 01:42:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, it actually would. One guy's a rental. The other recently signed an extension and has like 5 years on it. Also it's not like Towns has requested out while AD has, which is a big difference.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller