Author Topic: Boston Bruins vs Detroit Red Wings  (Read 16923 times)

Boston Bruins vs Detroit Red Wings
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:41:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think it's the worse possible 1st round matchup for the Bruins.  I believe the Bruins lost all regular games.  Babcock looks like he has figured out something to beat CJ's system (imo Redwings speed vs Bruins big but slow ds)

Bruins are so deep though and had the best record in the regular season

prediction: Bruins in 6
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:11:21 PM by Redz »

Re: Boston Bruins vs Detroit Redwings
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm not overly worried, but it is kind of strange how it worked out. I fully anticipate the Bruins making it to at least the ECF and most likely the finals. They are a veteran team with top all-around talent. With no Cs in the playoffs this year, I am looking forward to at least one Boston team going deep...hopefully.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:05:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm not overly worried, but it is kind of strange how it worked out. I fully anticipate the Bruins making it to at least the ECF and most likely the finals. They are a veteran team with top all-around talent. With no Cs in the playoffs this year, I am looking forward to at least one Boston team going deep...hopefully.

Let's hope so.  Hockey is a weird game, in that the best team doesn't always win.  Lucky bounces or a hot goalie can change things completely.

This Bruins team is probably better than last year's squad, though.  They could easily make another Finals run.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 08:13:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Let's hope so.  Hockey is a weird game, in that the best team doesn't always win.  Lucky bounces or a hot goalie can change things completely.

This Bruins team is probably better than last year's squad, though.  They could easily make another Finals run.

You are absolutely right about the best team not always winning in hockey and I am anything but sure; however,  I hear a lot of people talking about an upset over our President's Trophy winning team and am just trying to maintain a positive attitude.  :D

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 08:16:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fun first period.  Lots of hitting, but some good offensive chances too.  Overall, if the refs let the teams play, it's got to favor the Bruins.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 08:18:47 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
So weird seeing these two go at it in the playoffs. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 08:21:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I agree.  The refs are rarely involved. Unlike basketball where the refs can help you win or lose games.  Its incredible how many foul calls Lebron gets, even sometimes when he is the one bulldozing the defenders. 

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 08:24:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Fun first period.  Lots of hitting, but some good offensive chances too.  Overall, if the refs let the teams play, it's got to favor the Bruins.

yup. The Redwings like the Habs are so annoying though. Worse matchups for the Bruins.

Redwings are an excellent skating team and get the puck out of their zone quickly. If the Bruins are stuck in their zone while this happens, this is where they will run into issues. 

Best way to win is to cycle, pass it to the d's and hope for deflections etc. Got to control the boards

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 09:06:04 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Pretty horrible 2nd period for the B's.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 09:08:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Pretty horrible 2nd period for the B's.

yup. CJ also sometimes makes these dumb lineup changes that makes no sense at all

Ryan Spooner has so much speed and skill, yet he puts in Caron and Florek. 

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Tough loss, but it really shows the unparalleled parity in the NHL.

Gonna be a fun series.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'm glad someone started a thread on this. I just saw the score on SportsCenter, and I was shocked. So Boston battles all season to earn the overall #1 seed and then immediately blows home-ice advantage.

Meanwhile, the Sox continue to struggle. I was just watching their game against the Orioles; they're down 7-4 going to the ninth, and Farrell brings in Mujica, which I take as a sign that Farrell is conceding this game. Sure enough, Mujica just gave up a run. TV off.

Oh, and the Cs stink, and the Patriots are refusing to surround Brady with enough legit weapons.

Not the best time to be a Boston sports fan.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 10:38:52 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'm glad someone started a thread on this. I just saw the score on SportsCenter, and I was shocked. So Boston battles all season to earn the overall #1 seed and then immediately blows home-ice advantage.

Meanwhile, the Sox continue to struggle. I was just watching their game against the Orioles; they're down 7-4 going to the ninth, and Farrell brings in Mujica, which I take as a sign that Farrell is conceding this game. Sure enough, Mujica just gave up a run. TV off.

Oh, and the Cs stink, and the Patriots are refusing to surround Brady with enough legit weapons.

Jesus, where do I even begin with this one? First let me say that the Bruins have gone to game 7 in the first round the last THREE YEARS in a row. You act like it is some shocking occurrence. Home court and seeding hardly ever matters in the NHL.

Also, I'm 20 so Ive basically grown up in Boston sports greatness, but isn't this literally THE BEST TIME to be a Boston sports fan? Your team won the world series last year, your hockey team made the finals last year, and your football team made the AFC championship game last year. What more do you honestly want? Championships every single year by every team? And yes the Celtics stink, it's that time of the cycle.

Not every year can be 2007 when all your teams basically win the championship. Thinking that way is completely delusional. I guarantee you every city would swap sports teams with us in an instant (If you included all 4 as a package). Blows my mind the amount of entitled greedy fans here (not saying you are). It's going to be a horror-show when all 4 of our teams become even just average again.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Jesus, where do I even begin with this one? First let me say that the Bruins have gone to game 7 in the first round the last THREE YEARS in a row. You act like it is some shocking occurrence. Home court and seeding hardly ever matters in the NHL.

Also, I'm 20 so Ive basically grown up in Boston sports greatness, but isn't this literally THE BEST TIME to be a Boston sports fan? Your team won the world series last year, your hockey team made the finals last year, and your football team made the AFC championship game last year. What more do you honestly want? Championships every single year by every team? And yes the Celtics stink, it's that time of the cycle.

Not every year can be 2007 when all your teams basically win the championship. Thinking that way is completely delusional. I guarantee you every city would swap sports teams with us in an instant (If you included all 4 as a package). Blows my mind the amount of entitled greedy fans here (not saying you are). It's going to be a horror-show when all 4 of our teams become even just average again.

I knew I would get this kind of reaction. =)

Totally my fault. I know I'm fortunate to be a Boston sports fan; just a bad day with the Bs and Sox blowing it, and I had to vent. I tend to be a bit hyperbolic when I'm frustrated. =)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 11:04:08 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
^ lol we are so spoiled
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6