Poll

Which 2nd tier FA would you like us to sign if we do have 20M+ in cap space?

Julius Randle
4 (12.5%)
Nikola Vucevic
13 (40.6%)
D'Angelo Russell
5 (15.6%)
Neither, But I'd Love Someone Else! (Comment Below)
3 (9.4%)
Neither. I'd Try To Open Up More Cap Space And Target A Max Player Like Kemba
1 (3.1%)
I'd Rather We Use The Cap Space To Absorb Another Player + Contract Via Trade (Comment Below)
5 (15.6%)
Don't Use It On Anyone Significant. Just Tear It All Down!
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Free Agents to sign with Cap Room  (Read 1920 times)

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Maybe add Steven Adams to that list?

I had thought he would fit under the "use to absorb another player and their contract via trade" anyways

There's already votes counted do I don't want to kind of mess up results by just adding him in lol

ok I will vote accordingly! 

(adams!)

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
I’ve got some interest in Tobias Harris in the $20-25 million range, understanding that he is hoping for more.

I'm genuinely curious to see what PHI does this summer themselves, including with Butler and Harris. I'd imagine if that was his price, PHI would love to have him back.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One note on the OP: we can’t use cap space and thenalso use the MLE and BAE. We’d be stuck with just the room exception.

Now, if Horford and his new team wanted to do us a solid, we could sign-and-Trade Horford for a large trade exception, while retaining our other exceptions and Bird rights to our own free agents.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Adams for me too
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
My ranking of moves right now is as follows, with a strong preference for option (1) or (2), but there will be new creative ideas coming on this forum I'm sure.

1. Sign Julius Randle for 4/80
2. Trade Baynes(?) for Steven Adams + pick(s)
3. Sign D'Angelo Russell for a max contract
4. Sign Nikola Vucevic on a 2+1 contract
5. Offer Charlotte/Minnesota/Miami cap relief in exchange for a (very) valuable asset
6. Sign a couple of role players on 1-year contracts + resign Rozier for a reasonable salary

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
One note on the OP: we can’t use cap space and thenalso use the MLE and BAE. We’d be stuck with just the room exception.

Now, if Horford and his new team wanted to do us a solid, we could sign-and-Trade Horford for a large trade exception, while retaining our other exceptions and Bird rights to our own free agents.

Maybe this is why trade talks broke down so fast. Maybe DA and Doc are setting something up and Horford is in on it.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Maybe this is why trade talks broke down so fast. Maybe DA and Doc are setting something up and Horford is in on it.
Green, Horford and Leonard added to the Clippers would be a good FA haul.

Re: Free Agents to sign with 30 million Cap Room
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 08:15:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Come on people. Look around before posting the same stuff as others only in a new thread. Merged

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 08:22:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I posted this on another thread, but maybe we can kick the tires with Hassan Whiteside? I mean, as long as the Miami Heat will pay us an asset to take his salary off their books.

It's only going to be for one year. He becomes our stop gap Center, we earn an asset, and then we try to find a more established one next year.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 10:00:38 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Come on people. Look around before posting the same stuff as others only in a new thread. Merged

Honestly I've just lost track of everything here LOL. Everything is chaos just like this Free Agency and Draft are about to be  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller