Author Topic: NBA Off-Season News  (Read 79008 times)

Re: NBA Off-Season News
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2023, 09:26:32 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
The Jazz signed Justin Mazzulla (brother of Joe) as an assistant coach and Joey Hauser (brother of Sam) to a two-way contract.

Lol. Ainge trying to copy Brad. The Student has become the Master.

although that was ainge not BS. copying himself

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2023, 09:50:37 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
mods delete wrong topic

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2023, 10:42:42 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454
I saw the Bulls VP state that, regarding Lonzo Ball, “Our expectation is that he's not going to be back next season”.

Man, that is pretty crushing. He could be looking at 35 games played in 3 seasons. Unsure he comes back - guess it’s possible

That’s really too bad. I enjoyed watching Lonzo play. Glad he got one good contract before being plagued with injury.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 10:53:41 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2023, 10:53:46 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2023, 11:23:06 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454
Draymond Green agrees he is 'easily worth another $100 million'

The veteran forward took to Instagram on Friday to boost comments made by ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith regarding Green’s value. Smith argued that Green was “easily worth another $100 million,” a sentiment that Green shared on his social media. – via Grey Papke @ Larry Brown Sports
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2023, 06:33:41 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 416
Who going give him a 100 million contract? If he wasn’t on Warriors, he just been a decent bench player
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2023, 07:14:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Who going give him a 100 million contract? If he wasn’t on Warriors, he just been a decent bench player
If he wasn't on the Warriors, they aren't a dynasty
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2023, 07:49:49 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I would love for a bad team with cap space to sign him for a bunch of money.  It’s already been proven when Steph is hurt that Draymond isn’t a great player.  It would be good to see over the course of an entire season.  He’s a great complimentary player to have on a winning team, but he’s possibly the most overrated player in the history of the league who has benefited immensely from playing with two of the best shooters ever, not to mention the KD years

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2023, 07:54:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I would love for a bad team with cap space to sign him for a bunch of money.  It’s already been proven when Steph is hurt that Draymond doesn’t impact winning.  It would be good to see over the course of an entire season.  He’s a great complimentary player to have on a winning team, but he’s possibly the most overrated player in the history of the league who has benefited immensely from playing with two of the best shooters ever, not to mention the KD years
Weird take. Curry didn't make his leap into superstardom before Draymond ascended. His playmaking and screening was key to their success. He is still easily their second best player. I think he's overrated in the sense that he has one All-NBA too many, but his '15-'16 campaign was epic.

We should all be rooting for a team to lure Draymond away. It will add a lot to our draft capital.

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2023, 08:13:39 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I would love for a bad team with cap space to sign him for a bunch of money.  It’s already been proven when Steph is hurt that Draymond doesn’t impact winning.  It would be good to see over the course of an entire season.  He’s a great complimentary player to have on a winning team, but he’s possibly the most overrated player in the history of the league who has benefited immensely from playing with two of the best shooters ever, not to mention the KD years
Weird take. Curry didn't make his leap into superstardom before Draymond ascended. His playmaking and screening was key to their success. He is still easily their second best player. I think he's overrated in the sense that he has one All-NBA too many, but his '15-'16 campaign was epic.

We should all be rooting for a team to lure Draymond away. It will add a lot to our draft capital.

I think he was clearly always the 3rd or 4th best player.  A very good defender and rebounder, but can’t shoot, has no handle and I think his passing is overrated.  Steph and Klay do a great job getting open, and they’re such great shooters that they only need an inch of separation.

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2023, 08:15:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think he was clearly always the 3rd or 4th best player.  A very good defender and rebounder, but can’t shoot, has no handle and I think his passing is overrated.  Steph and Klay do a great job getting open, and they’re such great shooters that they only need an inch of separation.
Dray over Klay for sure. Behind Durant, obviously, but easily ahead of Klay in importance

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2023, 08:58:41 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 371
surprised there hasn't been much talk about Milwaukee bucks even though they were the #1 seed last year (maybe because they lost to miami) but they might be in trouble this offseason right?

I mean Jrue holiday isnt the same player, Middleton opted out and even if he re-signs has lost a step and there is a very real chance they are going to lose brook lopez and i'm not sure they have much room to improve.

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2023, 09:01:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 371
I saw the Bulls VP state that, regarding Lonzo Ball, “Our expectation is that he's not going to be back next season”.

Man, that is pretty crushing. He could be looking at 35 games played in 3 seasons. Unsure he comes back - guess it’s possible

That’s really too bad. I enjoyed watching Lonzo play. Glad he got one good contact before being plagued with injury.

yikes. that trading the #1 to #3 and draft year of Tatum going to be in a documentary some day. Lonzo might be out of the league. and Fultz not really who they thought he was and not even on the 76ers anymore. Meanwhile Tatum a top 5 player and still improving

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2023, 09:07:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
$100 million isn't that high. Over 4yrs, that is only $25mil a year. That is a fair price for Draymond.

Over 3yrs, that is $33mil a year. A little high but alright. That is Wiggins money. D Ayton money. Higher than ideal but you can live with it.

$100mil over 2yrs is superstar money. He ain't getting that.

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2023, 09:16:56 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
surprised there hasn't been much talk about Milwaukee bucks even though they were the #1 seed last year (maybe because they lost to miami) but they might be in trouble this offseason right?

I mean Jrue holiday isnt the same player, Middleton opted out and even if he re-signs has lost a step and there is a very real chance they are going to lose brook lopez and i'm not sure they have much room to improve.
I expect Middleton to re-sign. I haven't heard that Jrue is declining. The Bucks will be right up there in the top-4 of the East.