Poll

Would You Trade Tatum In A Bigger Package If It Meant Acquiring The Greek Freak?

Yes
64 (58.7%)
No
45 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Purely Hypothetical: Would You Trade Tatum In Package For Greek Freak?  (Read 19069 times)

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No. Tatums contract is better and gives us more flexibility

This for starters. The fact that he can actually shoot, score in the clutch, and average 20+ ppg for a team up 3-0 in the Eastern Semis while still being 3.5 year younger than Freak is another.

The rebounding and stupid length of Giannis is nice. The attitude and lack of success as top banana (albeit a young banana still) isn't.

What is wrong with Giannis' attitude?

BTW already said but heres once more... KG won a series for first time at the tender age of 27. I guess he was a loser too,right?

Are we really going to rehash the KG-supporting-staff-in-Minny debate? When your BEST #2 EVER is a choice between Cassell or Spreewell.....Something tells me if a 23 year old Garnett had Middleton, Bledsoe, crap even Thon and Henson to man the paint next to him, he would've found his way to the 2nd round.  But that's not why I'm responding.

Something always bugged me about the way Giannis responded to Kidd. I'll never forget how he said Kidd rode him hard one practice and Giannis' response was to go to the internet and check his coach's credentials, and only after discovering he was a Hall of Famer would he deem it ok for his coach to...ya know....coach him.

To me that speaks worlds about the type of attitude he has as a player.
I thought for a second you were arguing FOR Giannis. Spreewell and Cassell were way better than Drew Bledsoe and Middleton. John Henson and Thon Maker?? Are you serious? They suck. Plus they are terrible fits with Giannis. Neither can shoot. Henson has zero offensive game, and Maker is like 35 years old.

Also that's also probably the weakest story ever someone has referenced to prove Giannis has a bad attitude. That's the best you can do? That he did research on his coach? Lol.

Wait....you're being serious? Spreewell and Cassell were WAY BETTER than what the Bucks have right now? Have you looked at what the aforementioned 33 year old 40% FG (not 3FG, but like, just shots in general), BELOW 15 BOTH MINNY YEARS IN PER Spree did?!

Cassell there's at least an argument to be made but his numbers and Middleton are comparable (minus the fact that Sam averaged less than 1 3pt per game. I get that the era was different but still, the idea of inside/out and shooters being needed on the court to bail out the KG's and Duncan's doing work in the post was a main focus of those teams).  But even still, that means you go to the 3rd guy and its Bledsoe and his objectively decent numbers against Spreewell and his plain craptastic years.

You can't be serious. It's no contest that this Bucks supporting staff, while glaringly flawed, would wipe the floor with whatever it was KG had.

I'm all for admitting when I've been beaten or said something wrong but....not here.
Just look at Cassell's stats in 2003.  You either don't understand basketball or are too lazy to do any research before you post. He simply had a better year than anyone Giannis has ever stepped on the floor with.

Cassell shot 48.8% from the field, 2% higher than Middleton. Cassell shot 39.8% from 3, 4% higher than Middleton. Cassell averaged twice as many assists with only slightly more turnovers. Cassell's PER was 5 points higher than Middleton's. Cassell had over 5 more win shares than Middleton. Cassell's VORP, USG%, BPM, DBPM, and OBPM are all higher than Middleton's. The only stat you can find that Middleton was better than Cassell at was 3 point ATTEMPTS. Lol.

For the record, Middleton averaged slightly more points than Cassel that year and had a higher eFG% and FT%. He also averaged more rebounds, steals, and blocks.

No but yea, I'm lazy and don't understand basketball.....either/or  ::)
Lol, the guy really knows how to get a point across in a nice manner doesn't he
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Purely Hypothetical: Would You Trade Tatum In Package For Greek Freak?
Nah, I'm good.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Purely Hypothetical: Would You Trade Tatum In Package For Greek Freak?
Nah, I'm good.

TP.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
TP.  I totally agree.  By the way Tatum now has scored 20 or more points in 7 straight playoff games.  Most EVER by a player 20 years or younger in the entire 71 year history of the Association.

Kid is a budding Superstar.  And I want to watch him playing for the Celtics for his whole ride to the top!

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
No...next!

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
NOPE. Not even for Anthony Davis!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Davis seems to be too high in character to demand a trade, but the Celts need to find a way to encourage it (while keeping Tatum and Brown) and then just enjoy the 3-5 ensuring championships. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I always think to myself..."hey this is a great player as is."

And then I come back reality.

Reality is, he is the most successful 20 year old scorer OF ALL TIME.     *granted most of the greatest scorers were opted into college for three years* but the kid is a straight up assassin. Untouchable for anyone but AD.

Add him to Brown. He has blossomed into a sniper. A 6'7 230 pound (if rumors are right 6'8 238 pound :) )uber athletic sniper.

And they buy into the coach. We have a shot at being a perfect version of the Spurs. A shot, not a guarantee.
#JKJB

• Jim Loscutoff

Reality is, he is the most successful 20 year old scorer OF ALL TIME.     *granted most of the greatest scorers were opted into college for three years* but the kid is a straight up assassin. Untouchable for anyone but AD.

Add him to Brown. He has blossomed into a sniper. A 6'7 230 pound (if rumors are right 6'8 238 pound :) )uber athletic sniper.

And they buy into the coach. We have a shot at being a perfect version of the Spurs. A shot, not a guarantee.

Yeah, I'm going to quote myself here.

Best young core in the NBA. BLEED GREEN BABY
#JKJB

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Clearly you haven't been on the 6ers boards lately. They insist and all agree they have the more talented and deeper core.  This series was just all about coaching. Solely coaching. Nothign else....

::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Clearly you haven't been on the 6ers boards lately. They insist and all agree they have the more talented and deeper core.  This series was just all about coaching. Solely coaching. Nothign else....

Then Brown is a really terrible coach if he's getting beaten 4-1 against a team missing it's 2 best players and a crucial back-up big man, lol.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
How can the Sixers have terrible coaching?  Brett Brown actually received votes for Coach of the Year while Stevens didn't get a single vote for Coach of the Year! 

Clearly Stevens was outcoached by Brown in this series, therefore, it all comes down to the talent!!  :police:  See what I did there?

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

Hell yeah!!!

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Obviously you'd include more in the bigger package, like the Lakers/Kings Pick, maybe 1 or both of the 2019 Clippers and Grizzlies pick, and some salary (doesn't have to be Horford, fortunately). Now I'd hope any deal for Greek Freak means we keep Jaylen, but he may have to be in the package as well.

I voted yes to the poll originally (Tatum + picks), but now I'd vote no.

• Jim Loscutoff

Then Brown is a really terrible coach if he's getting beaten 4-1 against a team missing it's 2 best players and a crucial back-up big man, lol.

I really try to stay off of other teams boards. I view every fan base as similar in regards to delusions. The difference is you guys are delusional WITH me :)
#JKJB