Author Topic: Please stop posting up Baynes  (Read 4871 times)

Re: Please stop posting up Baynes
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 12:05:00 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Baynes thumbs his nose at the OP.   ;D

Actually Baynes proved my point.
He did not post up once tonight.
He is much more effective in the pick and pop, the pick and roll, and offensive rebounding.
He proved your point against a pathetic team that didn't put much more thought into this game as to when the flight home was so they could clear their lockers and get away for months on the last game of the season. A game where out usual 8th to 10th best player was the best player on the court because of who the coach's played.

Get real. Your take was pretty strange and proven that it doesn't happen often and shouldn't be something to even worry about but you somehow stick to it, much like you stick to other strange over the top stuff you claim that has been proven wrong in the past, like your estimate of pull up threes by the team and your idea that Morris is like the 400th best player in the league based on that idiotic stat of ESPN's, RPM.

You really need to work on your hot takes. I mean, at least find some that aren't clearly and easily debunked.

Baynes had the best offensive night of his career without posting up once.

And as far as pull up threes ON FAST BREAKS, it is easy to see that that is a bad shot that rarely goes in. And don't quote me stats from the league on all pull up threes which the league counts as any three taken off the dribble.

And Morris did play poorly for most of the season until recently.

So everything I said was true and not debunked.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:15:28 AM by Chris22 »

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 12:59:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He is much more effective in the pick and pop, the pick and roll, and offensive rebounding.
He proved your point against a pathetic team that didn't put much more thought into this game as to when the flight home was so they could clear their lockers and get away for months on the last game of the season. A game where out usual 8th to 10th best player was the best player on the court because of who the coach's played.

Get real. Your take was pretty strange and proven that it doesn't happen often and shouldn't be something to even worry about but you somehow stick to it, much like you stick to other strange over the top stuff you claim that has been proven wrong in the past, like your estimate of pull up threes by the team and your idea that Morris is like the 400th best player in the league based on that idiotic stat of ESPN's, RPM.

You really need to work on your hot takes. I mean, at least find some that aren't clearly and easily debunked.

And as far as pull up threes ON FAST BREAKS, it is easy to see that that is a bad shot that rarely goes in. And don't quote me stats from the league on all pull up threes which the league counts as any three taken off the dribble.

That is provably false. He's setting career high's in both scoring and rebounding on a per minute basis. Hard to say he's had a poor season, especially considering he was injured to begin the season and is on such a bargain contract
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 01:38:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

That is provably false. He's setting career high's in both scoring and rebounding on a per minute basis. Hard to say he's had a poor season, especially considering he was injured to begin the season and is on such a bargain contract

Thanks for proving my point.
Morris was out of shape and injured for the first part of the year, and the stats you quoted don't include defense, which the plus and minus takes into account.

How did Morris do in his last game? 2-10 with 3 rebounds in 23 minutes.

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 04:39:37 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Keep digging your grave chris22. You havent even refuted the numerous points against RPM.

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 04:49:14 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Keep digging your grave chris22. You havent even refuted the numerous points against RPM.
The hardest art about defending RPM is that the formula isn't publicly available so you don't even actually know what you are defending.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 04:53:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Thanks for proving my point.
Morris was out of shape and injured for the first part of the year, and the stats you quoted don't include defense, which the plus and minus takes into account.

How did Morris do in his last game? 2-10 with 3 rebounds in 23 minutes.
If you think +/- is an accurate representation of defensive ability then I'm going to stop right here
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 03:46:01 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
He needs to stick to the elbow area and continue to work on the three.

Kudos to him for working on that three and finally having the confidence to try it in real games.

It’s happening!!  ;D

80% Career FT% so who knows maybe he’ll keep it up!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tell that to Stevens

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 02:08:00 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527