Author Topic: Dwight Howard Already Saying He'll Leave LA For Another Championship Contender  (Read 10924 times)

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
It looks like something I read yesterday that was taken out of context here. Wasn't that quote part of a conversation about why Dwight had to leave Orlando and go to LA.

The quote wasn't about leaving the Lakers but was about leaving Orlando. If I am remembering the rest of his quotes yesterday proplery.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:34:58 AM by Who »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Two points (I suspect others will agree with):

1) I think Howard is an embarrassment to professional athletes everywhere, and himself. I've enjoyed laughing at his childishness and dim point of view from afar for the last 18 months, but at this point he's tarnishing the sport. Good grief;

2) I'd of course still take him in a heartbeat, though I doubt we could get him. If he does decide to leave, and ANYONE around him personally has a brain in their head, he should find a way to one of only two places -- San Antonio or Boston. Both have great championship tradition, consistently competitive rosters, and both have coaches who can help him grow as a player and a person. Chicago would be a runner-up to me. OKC also makes some sense, but I have my doubts about whether Presti would even want him at this point for what he'd have to give up.

If things continue to get ugly in LA, and he's to be taken at his word, I'd suspect Boston would be on his short list of desired destinations.

I promise you hes not thinking about boston lol.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

1) I think Howard is an embarrassment to professional athletes everywhere, and himself. I've enjoyed laughing at his childishness and dim point of view from afar for the last 18 months, but at this point he's tarnishing the sport. Good grief;

2) I'd of course still take him in a heartbeat, though I doubt we could get him. If he does decide to leave, and ANYONE around him personally has a brain in their head, he should find a way to one of only two places -- San Antonio or Boston. Both have great championship tradition, consistently competitive rosters, and both have coaches who can help him grow as a player and a person. Chicago would be a runner-up to me. OKC also makes some sense, but I have my doubts about whether Presti would even want him at this point for what he'd have to give up.

If things continue to get ugly in LA, and he's to be taken at his word, I'd suspect Boston would be on his short list of desired destinations.

Well, if what he's saying is true who else could he be talking about? There's a short list of teams more suited to win the title than LA.

That being said, I don't believe that. He'll sign with the shiniest team that offers him the most candy

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Well, if what he's saying is true who else could he be talking about? There's a short list of teams more suited to win the title than LA

I don't think hes talking about anyone. Hes just saying he would leave LA if a better situation presented itself. 

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Well, if what he's saying is true who else could he be talking about? There's a short list of teams more suited to win the title than LA

I don't think hes talking about anyone. Hes just saying he would leave LA if a better situation presented itself.

But again, and I'm admittedly playing devil's advocate cuz I don't believe him, but if he were to pick a team for fit and ability to win a championship immediately - is there a much better fit than Boston?

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
lol...Wait until los Nash gets back and Howard is defending both his guy and los Nash's.....

Think he wants to get out now?  lol 

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

But again, and I'm admittedly playing devil's advocate cuz I don't believe him, but if he were to pick a team for fit and ability to win a championship immediately - is there a much better fit than Boston?

Yes, we aren't looking much better than LA right now and honestly LA should be a better team than BOSTON if they get their act together. Howard would choose the knicks nets thunder heat and probably other teams before coming here.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
lol...Wait until los Nash gets back and Howard is defending both his guy and los Nash's.....

Think he wants to get out now?  lol

And catching Nash's oops, and watching Nash's shots go in.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Well first, it would be a team that could pay him. The Cs can't. And I'd say there aren't many that: 1) he could sign with as a FA for real money, and 2) would have enough talent to be an immediate contender.

So it therefore depends on a large number of variables, namely what the team would have to give up to get him, considering he'd have to pursue a trade either this season or in the summer. Potential teams that would pursue him as such: Miami, NYK, BN, OKC, BOS, CHI, LAC, SAS, Rockets, GSW, etc etc etc...

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
dwightmare saga continues
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'd want to leave if I had to play with a ballhog that acts like he's the best player on the team and a 7 foot llama that won't sit back and let him chase every rebound to make his numbers look good.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

So you're promising that he's not talking about Boston based on your not having any idea about which teams he'd consider?

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Yes, I would want Dwight.

It is the double stick to the Lakers.

1)  They lose the guy they plan on building around.

2)  He leaves them for Boston.

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
vucevic's #'s were right there w DH last night as orlando won - vucevic 17 and 12 DH 21 and 15

vucevic seems pretty good, hurt us last year w philly. not sure why people don't take more notice of him.

after these new DH comments then him missing all his FT's and vucevic's #'s I'm thinking orlando will be better off without him

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
he wouldnt make us any better

dont want him here