Poll

On a scale of 1-10 how much would you love to see Euroleague ball with NBA stars

1 - hate it. Worst possible outcome
4 (9.3%)
2 - strongly dislike it. It's not right I say
0 (0%)
3 Dislike it. The time change yadda yadda
0 (0%)
4 Mildly dislike it - It's weird. Something doesn't feel right
1 (2.3%)
5 No real opinion. Wait and see. I'll take the good with the bad
6 (14%)
6 Mildly like - Interesting novelty. Worth a look, but I don't want it more than a year
8 (18.6%)
7 Like it. Will be interesting for a long time
7 (16.3%)
8 Like it a lot. I don't care about the time change.
2 (4.7%)
9 Love it. The game is finally global! It's like outsourcing in reverse. Lebron losing in yet another league is priceless.
3 (7%)
10 Best possible outcome. I love it on every conceivable level from sticking it to owners to seeing how the game evolves. It will be epic
12 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Poll: How much would you love to see Euroleague ball with NBA stars on tv?  (Read 16291 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is due to the Durant thread

I think I'm a 10

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yeah, I'd love to see that happen.

Best possible scenario while the NBA is locked out.

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
worst idea..

our ballas should play ball here..

goin over seas puts are bizness in the street..folks no all are problems..

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Just posted this in Kevin Durant thread. Thought it was appropriate here:

Sounds like the NBA is going global, just not in the way Emperor "No Clothes" Stern wanted.

Screw the owners. They think that they are the Game, since they bought a piece of the Game.

If many players (marquee players, rookies, mid-level players  and minimum players) go overseas and the lockout is prolonged, I wonder if ESPN, TNT, etc. will pursue that product rather than none at all over here?

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I wouldn't say "I watch the NBA" . I'd rather say, "I watch basketball", and it's more or less the same no matter where or who you're/they're playing with. If the Turkish league was the best league in the world, I'd rather watch that. I just want to watch some good basketball - I don't care where it's from.
I like Marcus Smart

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
it'd be interesting, but from what i've seen there's no defense over there.  defensive guys like KG, perk, DHoward, will foul out in a quarter.  it'd be entertaining to watch durant, lebron, blake griffin, etc run roughshod and score 50 pts a game but i think it'd get sick of it...

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
it'd be interesting, but from what i've seen there's no defense over there.  defensive guys like KG, perk, DHoward, will foul out in a quarter.  it'd be entertaining to watch durant, lebron, blake griffin, etc run roughshod and score 50 pts a game but i think it'd get sick of it...

They wouldn't get such favorable calls. True zone defense will hurt players that have questionable jumpers such as Lebron or Blake, but players such as Durant and Anthony would go off. Watching FIBA/Olympic basketball is a pretty good indicator as what to expect in terms of performance.

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
I live in Norway, Europe.. so time change? yes please! and if there's no season at all, its easier to land Dwight Howard..

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/07/your-morning-dump-a-reason-to-hope-the-season-is-canceled.html
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Okay, um... You've never seen European basketball and/or you're simply stupid unless you change your opinion.
KG would be one of rare people to keep up with European defense.
Each time US lost in World Championship was to an European team, and it was because of superior defense. There's no athleticism, there's no high fliers, there are no bullies, but simply incredible defense keeps the scores down low to about 140 points a game. Can't wait to see LeBron boxed out by skinny 150 pounds white 19 year old.

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Idk if it is something that I could really get into honestly.

But I'd support it because it would put some major pressure on the NBA to get a deal done

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
I mildly like it. It'll be cool to see NBA guys playing over there and interacting with players we've never heard of or seen before, but I am an NBA lover and want the season back.

Offline paulcowens

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 79
What I really want to see is some of the best players do a barnstorm tour, playing in high school and college arenas and raising money for needy public schools. 

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont really care what the players do, its their decision, but id much rather see NBA ball than Euroleague with a few scattered players here and there.

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i like it

Offline greensquirrel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 65
There is a problem with star players signing in europe. No serious euroleague team will sign a key player with an opt out clause.
If the season is cancelled, I'm all for it. No more travelling **** and I won't have to lose my sleep (I'm greek).