Author Topic: Ainge Knows Something We Don’t...  (Read 8523 times)

Re: Ainge Knows Something We Don’t...
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2019, 10:21:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
your plan places a total of 5 players on the celtics roster. the team would need to sign a boatload of flotsam and jetsam to fill the roster.

with that for a bench, i dont think the team would do that well.

Stevens can work wonders (Turner, Jerebko, etc.)

Superstars win championships, not depth. That’s why the Raptors got swept by LeBron in 2018 and then won it all with Kawhi in 2019.
I don't know how you can ignore heroic bench performances from the likes of Van Vleet and Ibaka, lol.

We’ve seen Stevens pull such performances out of the likes of Jerebko and Turner. Our superstar coach will create decent depth to support our superstars.
Ibaka was an established player who has already played in Finals. He's not some random scrub made good by Nurse.

Van Vleet came from nowhere, but he'd been good all season. We won't find people like this just lying about.

This is all ignoring the almost impossibility of the scenario itself
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2019, 10:30:26 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
What if KD re-signs with Golden State for max years (player option in the fifth and a NTC) and his first year amount is the max that allows a trade straight-up for Hayward, so win-win for both sides (since KD does it to get onto Kyrie’s team with his max years)? How much cap do we have after accounting for Kyrie’s hold, Tatum, Smart and Durant? In this scenario, is it enough to keep Langford, both of the Williams, the hold on Theis, and the hold on Wanamaker? What about the hold on Morris?

Another option: Trade Smart in the scenario a few posts ago to get to over $30 mil for Durant (and get another draft pick in the process) and only bring back Kyrie, Tatum and Hayward. Perhaps this is Kyrie’s preference (maybe Tatum is the only young guy who did not turn on him).

Other scenarios?

To me, we seem better positioned to give Kyrie what he wants, which is KD. Max years helps after seeing what happened to KD, particularly if we throw in a NTC to neutralize Trader Danny. We can also give KD years of security. Finally, Tatum is a young guy they can groom together.

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2019, 10:31:27 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
your plan places a total of 5 players on the celtics roster. the team would need to sign a boatload of flotsam and jetsam to fill the roster.

with that for a bench, i dont think the team would do that well.

Stevens can work wonders (Turner, Jerebko, etc.)

Superstars win championships, not depth. That’s why the Raptors got swept by LeBron in 2018 and then won it all with Kawhi in 2019.
I don't know how you can ignore heroic bench performances from the likes of Van Vleet and Ibaka, lol.

We’ve seen Stevens pull such performances out of the likes of Jerebko and Turner. Our superstar coach will create decent depth to support our superstars.
Ibaka was an established player who has already played in Finals. He's not some random scrub made good by Nurse.

Van Vleet came from nowhere, but he'd been good all season. We won't find people like this just lying about.

This is all ignoring the almost impossibility of the scenario itself

Van Vleet didn’t even really come from nowhere.  There was a reason that Toronto signed him to an 2-year, $18 million deal despite being a luxury tax team.  They knew what they had.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:27:32 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
People holding out for KI to resign are truly fooling themselves. That flat worlder is gone!! Horford wouldn't have put himself in the situation he's in either if KI was coming back. They are both gone get your heads out of Never Never land back to reality!!

Apparently the Celtics made Kyrie's No.11 available to the rookies.

Making an appearance on WBZ TV, former Celtics forward Cedric Maxwell spoke to host Steve Hurton about Celtics rookie Grant Williams, who Boston selected out of Tennessee with the 22nd overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.

Early on, after discussing meeting Williams and his mother as well as prepping the charismatic forward for what to expect during Monday’s introductory press conference, Maxwell made sure to drop note that Williams passes along

“He was looking at me talking about numbers which were available. He said number 11 was available…”

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/24/the-celtics-have-made-kyrie-irvings-number-11-jersey-available/
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2019, 11:33:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
People holding out for KI to resign are truly fooling themselves. That flat worlder is gone!! Horford wouldn't have put himself in the situation he's in either if KI was coming back. They are both gone get your heads out of Never Never land back to reality!!

Apparently the Celtics made Kyrie's No.11 available to the rookies.

Making an appearance on WBZ TV, former Celtics forward Cedric Maxwell spoke to host Steve Hurton about Celtics rookie Grant Williams, who Boston selected out of Tennessee with the 22nd overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.

Early on, after discussing meeting Williams and his mother as well as prepping the charismatic forward for what to expect during Monday’s introductory press conference, Maxwell made sure to drop note that Williams passes along

“He was looking at me talking about numbers which were available. He said number 11 was available…”

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/24/the-celtics-have-made-kyrie-irvings-number-11-jersey-available/
I would have laughed if Edwards took #11
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2019, 11:50:16 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Kyrie may want to change his number to form a new start, so that means nothing really

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2019, 12:14:00 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Boston fans, Boston media, and the media in general hates Kyrie. Therefore, Danny's "Good people" comments were automatically labeled as a shot at Kyrie. I disagree, here is why.

"Know your roles" This was not a Kyrie issue, he had a role.

"Humble" Perhaps people thought they were better than what they were?

"Willing to play any role" I seen Kyrie risk his career by playing the role as the decoy for us when he was injured; he wanted to support the team. Eventually, his legs gave out, which even lingered to his 1st season in Boston.

I seen people in Boston complain about Gordon, being a starter, and playing time. None of those people were Kyrie mind you...

To me, those comments were directed at the young guys, and Danny plans on purging this lockeroom, and surrounding Kyrie with vets and maybe another star like Klay. That is just my opinion which could be 100% wrong.
Exactly , Danny is clearly imply to the young guys(Brown and Rozier)

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2019, 12:50:02 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
What if KD re-signs with Golden State for max years (player option in the fifth and a NTC) and his first year amount is the max that allows a trade straight-up for Hayward, so win-win for both sides (since KD does it to get onto Kyrie’s team with his max years)? How much cap do we have after accounting for Kyrie’s hold, Tatum, Smart and Durant? In this scenario, is it enough to keep Langford, both of the Williams, the hold on Theis, and the hold on Wanamaker? What about the hold on Morris?

Another option: Trade Smart in the scenario a few posts ago to get to over $30 mil for Durant (and get another draft pick in the process) and only bring back Kyrie, Tatum and Hayward. Perhaps this is Kyrie’s preference (maybe Tatum is the only young guy who did not turn on him).

Other scenarios?

To me, we seem better positioned to give Kyrie what he wants, which is KD. Max years helps after seeing what happened to KD, particularly if we throw in a NTC to neutralize Trader Danny. We can also give KD years of security. Finally, Tatum is a young guy they can groom together.

too good to be true.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2019, 01:06:23 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Forget this.

Let’s Supermax Steph, Harden, Lebron, Giannis and Anthony Davis instead

Sign Beal and KAT to midlevel exceptions and then sign Durant to the injury exception.  Next draft Zion from the Pels with the super pick clause
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2019, 01:08:23 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Ultimately, I don't think we'll sign a big $$ FA, but I think Ainge cleared the $$ in case one did become available. I bet he makes the offer to Kemba, at the very least.

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2019, 02:05:47 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I would hope so, that's literally his job.

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Dumb question: If Kemba was who Danny was referring to when he said that he wished he could tell us everything that he knew but that he couldn't, wouldn't that mean he had been tampering, since free agency hasn't started?

Mike

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2019, 04:33:01 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Boston fans, Boston media, and the media in general hates Kyrie. Therefore, Danny's "Good people" comments were automatically labeled as a shot at Kyrie. I disagree, here is why.

"Know your roles" This was not a Kyrie issue, he had a role.

"Humble" Perhaps people thought they were better than what they were?

"Willing to play any role" I seen Kyrie risk his career by playing the role as the decoy for us when he was injured; he wanted to support the team. Eventually, his legs gave out, which even lingered to his 1st season in Boston.

I seen people in Boston complain about Gordon, being a starter, and playing time. None of those people were Kyrie mind you...

To me, those comments were directed at the young guys, and Danny plans on purging this lockeroom, and surrounding Kyrie with vets and maybe another star like Klay. That is just my opinion which could be 100% wrong.
Exactly , Danny is clearly imply to the young guys(Brown and Rozier)

He literally praised Brown for being a guy who did buy in this season. Praised his maturity and work ethic as well.

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2019, 04:58:33 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
After reading this his thread I’m beginning to understand how QAnon became a thing.

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2019, 05:22:31 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
After reading this his thread I’m beginning to understand how QAnon became a thing.

Given his love of Chipotle, should we say that Ainge is leaving rice, instead of crumbs?

Mike