Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 469266 times)

Donoghus, SparzWizard, chicagoceltic, CelticsPoetry, hpantazo, DefenseWinsChamps and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #5055 on: April 17, 2024, 10:00:38 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 664
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So what is the consensus for tonight? Heat or sixers?

I prefer the Heat lose and then have to deal with a streaky bulls or hawks in a one off.

« Reply #5056 on: April 17, 2024, 10:02:22 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2967
  • On To Banner 18!

I prefer the Heat lose and then have to deal with a streaky bulls or hawks in a one off.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5057 on: April 17, 2024, 11:17:35 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

For the sake of the Celtics path, 76ers need to win to do some damage (and get damaged) on the other side of the tough bracket.

I'll swallow the pill and potentially face the Heat. Just hope they don't have another magical run again...getting sick of the Heat.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5058 on: April 17, 2024, 11:25:20 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

For the sake of the Celtics path, 76ers need to win to do some damage (and get damaged) on the other side of the tough bracket.

I'll swallow the pill and potentially face the Heat. Just hope they don't have another magical run again...getting sick of the Heat.

I'm willing to bet the Heat aren't going to be a historical outlier for two years in the row.   Celtics would roll them.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5059 on: April 17, 2024, 11:40:51 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

I'm willing to bet the Heat aren't going to be a historical outlier for two years in the row.   Celtics would roll them.

I understand the apprehension of some in facing the heat, but what they did was such an anomaly it's unlikely to happen again for a very long time.

Separate the emotion from this and no one should be worried. Easier said than done, I'll admit.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #5060 on: April 17, 2024, 11:51:31 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

If Philly gets #7, I just hope somebody on that side of the bracket puts them down before the ECF, as one of my favorite joys as a hater is seeing the process yet again fail to advance past the 2nd round.

New York/Philly will be an enjoyable match up to watch, I see potential for a 7 game slug fest.  Unsure of Giannis's health, I think the winner of New York/Philly would be the favorite to go to the ECF (assuming Embiid holds up).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5061 on: April 17, 2024, 12:25:53 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
In other news...

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
NBA has leveled a lifetime ban on Jontay Porter for gambling.

« Reply #5062 on: April 17, 2024, 12:30:33 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
In other news...

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Not surprising, but obviously not the news the NBA wanted.

One thing that was a little odd in the whole story was that DraftKings even had available props for Jontay Porter.  Normally they don’t offer them for 2-way guys making spot starts.

« Reply #5063 on: April 17, 2024, 12:34:21 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
In other news...

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

One thing that was a little odd in the whole story was that DraftKings even had available props for Jontay Porter.  Normally they don’t offer them for 2-way guys making spot starts.

Yet the league will still be cozy with DK. I doubt Porter was the only one doing this, which makes one wonder how deep does the corruption go?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #5064 on: April 17, 2024, 12:34:41 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
In other news...

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Stealing this comment from a Reddit post from last week:

Jontay should've simply abused his wife,kids or sexuallly assaulted someone if he wanted to keep playing. Rookie mistake

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5065 on: April 17, 2024, 12:36:16 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
In other news...

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

"Reporting from the DraftKings news desk on the ESPN Bet Sportscenter, this is Adrian Wojnarowski"

« Reply #5066 on: April 17, 2024, 12:45:09 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I think of Mia/Phili I'd prefer to play the Heat. I just don't think the Heat have any answer for KP, they love to switch and that's just going to lead to a ton of mismatches. Plus I'd prefer Mil/Phili be locked in the same side of the bracket.

Unless the Heat shoot 43% from three again for a series i just don't see how they win. But it would be way more interesting then a series against the Bulls or Hawks.

« Reply #5067 on: April 17, 2024, 12:56:28 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1684
NBA pretends to care about the integrity of the sport by making an example of a fringe NBA guy who doesn't affect their bottom line!  Find out how this affects your fantasy outlook after these short advertisements by DraftKings.

« Reply #5068 on: April 17, 2024, 12:58:11 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1780634454215766295?t=sbk6yuyliVaFRQjBUBJCMQ

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Investigation shows on the 13 NBA bets Porter made: Total payout was $76,059, resulting in net winnings of $21,965. Three of the bets were multi-game parlay bets that included one Raptors game, in which Porter bet that the Raptors would lose.

NBA investigation found that prior to March 20 game, Porter disclosed confidential information about his health to an NBA bettor. Another person connected to Porter placed an $80K parlay to win $1.1 million wagering Porter would underperform. The bet ultimately was frozen.

All this for a $21,965 profit for himself.

« Reply #5069 on: April 17, 2024, 12:59:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I'd like to play Philly.

Not because Miami are better but because I want to see a good series of basketball. Philly are a quality opponent. Miami are a pushover.