Author Topic: Kyrie joins legendary status.....  (Read 2947 times)

Re: Kyrie joins legendary status.....
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 06:52:54 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Isn't he leading us in CHARGES, too?

That is one category I want him to be careful with - but I applaud his improved defense and effort.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 07:01:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That is one category I want him to be careful with - but I applaud his improved defense and effort.

He is, tied for the team lead with Smart at nine charges draw. Baynes has drawn eight charges, and nobody else has more than two.

Surprisingly, Horford, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Hayward, Williams, Wanamaker, and Yabu have drawn a combined zero charges.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 07:49:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

He is, tied for the team lead with Smart at nine charges draw. Baynes has drawn eight charges, and nobody else has more than two.

Surprisingly, Horford, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Hayward, Williams, Wanamaker, and Yabu have drawn a combined zero charges.

I guess yabu only gets garbage minutes and maybe he thinks its not worth it at that point in a game.    But ,  with his body he should be able to take a charge from anybody in the NBA.   Tatum is not built to take a charge , its a LOnG way to, fall and he has little cushion to fall on. ..LOL.    .... best to be built low to the ground .  Morris has tried but been out of position and failed .

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 08:50:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kyrie is not a Celtic legend nor has he reached legendary status as a Celtic. Same holds true for Isaiah Thomas. Probably Antoine Walker, too. Given the franchise pedigree, I am not sure you can reach the status of legendary without a ring or dying young as a Celtic.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 08:56:46 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kyrie is not a Celtic legend nor has he reached legendary status as a Celtic. Same holds true for Isaiah Thomas. Probably Antoine Walker, too. Given the franchise pedigree, I am not sure you can reach the status of legendary without a ring or dying young as a Celtic.

Agreed

The statistical 'achievement' referred to in the OP doesn't nearly meet legendary status.

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 08:59:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The kyrie hate is whacky

Yeah, he is the only one of our 3 max players that I am excited to [soon] pay over $30M/yr. Horford has been a really nice addition to the Cs and I like Hayward, but neither is currently in that elite group that can totally take over a game by himself. First priority is locking up Kyrie long-term and then figuring out the rest.

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 02:59:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
To me, his leadership test is how much he contributes to Tatum and Brown's progress. How good they are in April, May and June  will decide whether we could win a championship with this group. It's a complicated problem for him to influence, and he certainly doesn't fully control over all of the factors, but that's the challenge. I don't think it matters that much if he is awesome and they don't grow as players.
Realistically, that's on Jays more than on him.

They should complement him more and not the other way around.
It seems to me that when Kyrie is not that aggressive scoring the ball or creating pressure and he is letting guys make plays, we just don't look as dangerous.

I think Kyrie already has the legendary status.
His handle is legendary, his bag of tricks finishing around the rim is legendary.
His title-winning game 7 shot is legendary.
He definitely isn't a Celtic legend, yet, we all hope he will become that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:16:52 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 07:04:47 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The kyrie hate is whacky

Yeah, he is the only one of our 3 max players that I am excited to [soon] pay over $30M/yr. Horford has been a really nice addition to the Cs and I like Hayward, but neither is currently in that elite group that can totally take over a game by himself. First priority is locking up Kyrie long-term and then figuring out the rest.
Absolutely.  Also, there is no Kyrie hate in this thread.  Other than Moranis saying that Irving's overall effect isn't as special as it would seem to be I really never see anyone hating on Irving the basketball player.  Posters having issues with his leadership is a fair critique.

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 07:13:18 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The kyrie hate is whacky

Absolutely.  Also, there is no Kyrie hate in this thread.  Other than Moranis saying that Irving's overall effect isn't as special as it would seem to be I really never see anyone hating on Irving the basketball player.  Posters having issues with his leadership is a fair critique.

Leadership is a fair critique.

“Trade Kyrie for the sake of the team” isn’t.

But you’re right, regarding this thread, we haven’t seen the over the top arguments made in other threads.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 08:57:16 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I'd like to thank Danny for ensuring we have no great rebounders on the team so that Kyrie or Rozier snatching 7 or 8 on a game seems like a thing
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 09:12:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kyrie has a really good chance of making his mark on Celtic history. He brings in a good resume to start with  and one in a lifetime skill set.

Other than maybe Lakers ,  he couldn't have picked a harder team carve his niche Celtic lore.  A good amount of the best NBA history , players , coaches , etc is linked to the Boston Celtics .

He is young yet , and looks as healthy as i ve seen him in long time.

It took a while to get the right players to help Pierce win a title .

With a little luck I believe he can become a Celtic legend.