Author Topic: Y. E. Yang wins it!  (Read 8688 times)

Y. E. Yang wins it!
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wow!

Re: Y. E. Yang wins it!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Pretty amazing.  I've never seen Tiger play so timidly.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Pretty amazing.  I've never seen Tiger play so timidly.
When he was aggressive he didn't have it. The last two holes he missed going for the whole enough to ruin his chances at a birdie to catch Yang.

Still I am completely in shock that it turned out this way.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 07:15:09 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Tiger pulling a Lebron by not talking with the media?  (At least he shook hands.)  I wonder if he'll get his composure together later.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Tiger pulling a Lebron by not talking with the media?  (At least he shook hands.)  I wonder if he'll get his composure together later.
He's never been the best at dealing with losing.

I think he'll emerge after he clears his head a bit. He was steaming at his play all day from what I could see.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:18:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
It's a tribute to Tiger that people are so shocked when he loses.  Even after playing two pretty mediocre rounds, Tiger still finished second, and had a chance to win with two holes left.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 07:20:19 PM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76

I think he'll emerge after he clears his head a bit. He was steaming at his play all day from what I could see.

I follow 2009PGAChamp (the official PGA championship twitter) and according to them, as of 5 minutes ago, Tiger was in the media center. Tiger said that he hit the ball really well, but "didn't make anything today."

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

I follow 2009PGAChamp (the official PGA championship twitter) and according to them, as of 5 minutes ago, Tiger was in the media center. Tiger said that he hit the ball really well, but "didn't make anything today."

Yeah, he's on ESPN news now.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
this was a pleasure to watch. tiger is so used to guys being intimidated by him (see harrington, padraig) and just giving it to him. it is nice when someone plays their best and makes tiger earn it. tiger acted like the spoiled brat he is afterwords too. that was a pleasure to watch. he may be the best player of all time, but he is a bully who cannot stand when someone stands up to him. a great performance by Yang, and congrats to him. the cbs guys were a joke all day too....made every excuse in the book for woods. this putt burned the edge.....these guys are pros, when they miss 15-20 footers, they burn the edge. they do not miss by a wide margin.

this was great!
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Down goes Tigga!

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Down goes Tigga!
Tigger's always bounce back up!

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
this was a pleasure to watch. tiger is so used to guys being intimidated by him (see harrington, padraig) and just giving it to him. it is nice when someone plays their best and makes tiger earn it. tiger acted like the spoiled brat he is afterwords too. that was a pleasure to watch. he may be the best player of all time, but he is a bully who cannot stand when someone stands up to him. a great performance by Yang, and congrats to him. the cbs guys were a joke all day too....made every excuse in the book for woods. this putt burned the edge.....these guys are pros, when they miss 15-20 footers, they burn the edge. they do not miss by a wide margin.

this was great!
I'm curious, how did tiger act like a spoiled brat afterwards? And how does possibly being the best player of all time make Tiger a bully? ??? Also, what's wrong with not being able to stand that someone stands up to him? In my opinion, it makes him a great competitor.