Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 1079 times)

What happened?
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I thought I just saw a thread saying that Gary Washburn had confirmed from Danny Ainge that Doc was coming back?

Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I thought I just saw a thread saying that Gary Washburn had confirmed from Danny Ainge that Doc was coming back?

Other sources are consisting: Doc @LAC... Hope not true

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:41:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Bulpett has some good insight on this:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2013/06/rivers_still_leaning_toward_return_but_hes_intrigued_by

-"Multiple sources insist the odds are still "overwhelmingly" in favor of Rivers continuing on his current contract, which still has three years and $21 million left."

-"Another insists Rivers is angry at reports he is at odds with Danny Ainge over the direction of the Celtics as they try to rebuild on the fly."None of what's happening now is tied to Paul (Pierce) or Kevin (Garnett) or any of that," he said. "There's always been a very good relationship with Danny, and that's one of the biggest reasons why he'll still probably come back."

-"Rivers is also said to be intrigued now by some of the high profile jobs that are -- or could be -- available. such a change of address would require that team providing compensation to the Celtics, who clearly see Rivers as a valuable asset. "

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

Where did you see that? Your saying Doc wants to go there? Cause i know they asked to talk to him and the Celtics said no.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:05:57 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

Where did you see that? Your saying Doc wants to go there? Cause i know they asked to talk to him and the Celtics said no.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/06/doc-rivers-reportedly-believes-it-may.html