Author Topic: the other side  (Read 7818 times)

Re: the other side
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There were several charges though where the guys pulled people down on top on them.  They did it and we did it both sides got away with it.

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 04:19:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:25 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If there is an evening out, the fact that it happens while each team is playing at home is too predictable and convenient. That is not human error, that is bias.

I seem to recall someone doing some analysis and determining that home court advantage was primarily composed of referee bias towards the home team.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 07:48:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bias or not, five technicals seemed beyond that.   It was almost as if the league was trying to send a message to our guys to behave or the like.  The missed call, I don't see how three men could miss it.   

Whether you believe it or not, this has been a nailbiter series.   I hope we win and tonight will be key.   I expect the refs to be out in force tonight.  But I hope they keep on calling fouls on MIA as well as us as it's only fair.  I can live with bad calls as long as both sides get some of them.

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Bottom line, this is a home team league unlike no other. That is in good part due to spineless, incompetent officiating. It will take almost a miracle tonight for the Celts to win.