Author Topic: the other side  (Read 7817 times)

Re: the other side
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 06:31:30 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They have as valid a claim as most of this forum had after Game 2

Like I said at the time... it goes both ways.  You can't wha-wha about bad calls that hurt the Celtics one game... and then ignore all the bad calls that help the Celtics the next game.  It all evens out eventually.  Part of the game.  There always has been and there always will be an element of human error to refereeing. 

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
it is like a bizzaro world where the heat fans take the place of the celtics fans...perhaps when your team loses you look for excuses, refs are easy to blame...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

-We had more players in foul trouble than did Miami.
-IIRC, Miami shot more FT's than Boston did. We attacked the paint as much (if not more) than Miami did.
-James and Wade were not given too many advantages.
-Wade had a bad game, James passed the ball up late again.
-We were crashing the boards.
-We played championship type D throigh major parts of this game.
-We wanted it more, we got the Leprechaun Bounce, we won.

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
for the celtics to win this series they can't let the score get close enough for the referees to influence the game.  They have their orders from stern.  They need to play hard d for 48 minutes and not take the third quarter off like they did last night

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 07:47:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't watch game you watched but our guys had more fouls.  

They called way too many charges I thought though and guys were pulling guys on top them all the time for both sides.  This game had as many charges as an NCAA game and that is never good.

It's bad calls happen, but when they benefit one team something is fishy.  You could not say that last night.  They got both teams.

I do not think the HEAT can win without ref help, the finals last year showed that.

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 08:10:24 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

If you step back and look at the series as a whole, you can argue the officiating hasn't been overwhelmingly biased.  For example, it's pretty clear the refs have decided they're not going to give Wade and 'Bron constant bail out fouls every time they drive to the hoop.

But that's kind of the problem.  The refs in this series, and the NBA in general, are looking to call fouls in certain situations and then looking the other way in others.  The result is calls or non-calls that are SOOOOOOOO bad that a fan can't help but feel the refs are out to get their team.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »

Offline ram

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
The officiating last night was the worst of the series and the Celtics benefited somewhat from it.  If the last 2 games were called as the first 2 were, the Celtics would be teeing off this morning.

With that said, Wade's foul on Pierce was the worst call of the game. The 6th foul on Lebron was not a good call (although justifiable) and I was shocked they actually called it. Back in the day, I used to cringe when Kareem would pick up #5 b/c from that point on, he would get 4 freebie hacks on the Celtics.

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If there's one thing I've learned over time, it's that posts made in ALL CAPS tend to be rational and grounded in reality.

I will say, the officiating last night was terrible all the way around.  The Celts got screwed on bad calls, and the Heat did too. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 08:58:43 AM »

Offline FreeGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 19
I agree with Roy here ... last night was a perfect example of inconsistent officiating as compared to Game 2 which was a perfect example of biased officiating.

(Last night had to be an NBA record for offensive fouls right?) 

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If there's one thing I've learned over time, it's that posts made in ALL CAPS tend to be rational and grounded in reality.

I will say, the officiating last night was terrible all the way around.  The Celts got screwed on bad calls, and the Heat did too. 

I think this is mostly true but there were a few calls on us in the 2nd half that were just really bad.  I thought the Pierce foul out call was a terrible flop and there was one on Rondo when he was posting up Norris Cole where he litereally did NOTHING.  It was one of the most baffling foul calls I've seen.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The BATTLE never ends.... face it...whoever  "OWNS"the refs or HAS their attention has the upperhand. I don't belive this is true in MOST matchups , but definelty THIS match up . Because the teams are so POLAR opposite.  Offense vs Defense.

These two teams style s of play force the game to come down to close ref calls .  

This is why COACH SPOBOTE called the NBA refs out / Stern and got the big fine.  He knew he'd get fined , but it was intentional to get the refs to "SEE" the calls more his way, and he knew he would need the refs in his pocket for the Boston series.    

The backlash by the fans  is "GOOD" for the game.... or else the media and coachs and NBA would control the series.

The players should determine the game. Thats all the fans want to see. Miami coach started the war ..with his outburst and whinning about the Pacers series.  the Knicks got totally screwed by the refs in favor of Miami their series.

These two teams inherently put the pressure square on the refs to make the CORRECT calls. More than any other two team sin the NBA ...the HEAT and CELTICS are YING & YANG.

In between is the REFS... their calls will ultimately decide this series.

The OKC /SPurs series is more about PURE basketball and the refs not so much importance.

The Celtics are street smart old and wise vs the athletic Heat team , its just a collision of playing styles and the REFS do have this series tied up in their hands .

We can win EASY if the refs call the game equal...but the HEAT need the WADE and Lebrick layup calls dives/drives (old MJ basketball) to win .  The HEAT have to have the refs on their side to win the game...they NEED to go to the line a certain amount times or they simple can't win.

The fair thing to do is let both PLAY the game, old school 70's basketball , no blood no foul and let the game be played at the max intensity level .  I could care less about children watching on TV , let them play ,  NBA is not a kiddie sport.

I grew up watching Cowans and Bird play real basketball ...refs let em play.  

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
the heat have fans?

I was surprised myself too

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think this is mostly true but there were a few calls on us in the 2nd half that were just really bad.  I thought the Pierce foul out call was a terrible flop and there was one on Rondo when he was posting up Norris Cole where he litereally did NOTHING.  It was one of the most baffling foul calls I've seen.

Sure, but the last two calls on Lebron were pretty questionable, and there was the play in the first half when Ray was clearly out of bounds but was allowed to make a pass to (I can't remember?  Dooling?) for a three pointer.

If you add all the calls up, maybe there were a few more called on the Celts, but overall both teams can complain.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Love it when someone brought up Pierce fouling out on a Battier flop. Can't dispute it so go all caps.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 593

Like I said at the time... it goes both ways.  You can't wha-wha about bad calls that hurt the Celtics one game... and then ignore all the bad calls that help the Celtics the next game.  It all evens out eventually.  Part of the game.  There always has been and there always will be an element of human error to refereeing. 

How is that? Miami shot 4 more FT's than us. There were bad calls both ways this game for sure, but it is not even close to how bad game 2 was. T

If there is an evening out, the fact that it happens while each team is playing at home is too predictable and convenient. That is not human error, that is bias.
Still don't believe in Joe.