Author Topic: The End of Celtic Pride and Tradition  (Read 4345 times)

Re: The End of Celtic Pride and Tradition
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 07:58:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Celtic Pride is about our play not our business side, folks.  It's about playing hard and smart basketball not the business side of the game.  Bill Sharman had it and went to the Lakers that kind of blows the theory you espouse out of the water.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
stickin by your team and the players regardless of the situation

thats pride..

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »

Offline Bean_town fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
You can have Celtic pride, you can have tradition.....while also being a realist!

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
celtics pride will never go away no from me atleast

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
TP to the starter of this thread (and bass thumper!)
I've stated it before but only way I'm ok with Paul Pierce being traded is if he asks to go to a contender like Ray Bourque did
Paul stuck with the celtics through RICK PITINO need I say more, flash back to pitino trying to mug/hug paul his last game as coach...

I guess it started with johnny passing, red, drop the organ player, bring in the celtics dancers
now if OUR CAPTAIN is traded for a business reason then we are just like every other franchise in the nba
makes me want to drive a cab in boston if anyone is old enough to remember that one

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I understand the frustration with losing...I understand wanting a winning team...but...Celtic Pride and Tradition were always more than winning...moreover...winning was a result of Celtic Pride and Tradition...trading Paul Pierce...the Last Great Celtic who knew Red...would be a travesty...would trading PP put us over the top in the re-building process...no...it would just be part of the rebuilding process...PP could be part of the rebuilding process...watching Kobe, Dirk and Duncan retire with their original teams and not PP would be a shame...

TP!!!!  Amen!

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
I understand the frustration with losing...I understand wanting a winning team...but...Celtic Pride and Tradition were always more than winning...moreover...winning was a result of Celtic Pride and Tradition...trading Paul Pierce...the Last Great Celtic who knew Red...would be a travesty...would trading PP put us over the top in the re-building process...no...it would just be part of the rebuilding process...PP could be part of the rebuilding process...watching Kobe, Dirk and Duncan retire with their original teams and not PP would be a shame...
"watching kobe dirk and duncan retire with their original teams and not paul would be a shame" Thats as true as true gets.

technically Charlot was Kobe's original team, even if it only was for around an hour.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
stickin by your team and the players regardless of the situation

No that is loyalty, there is a big difference between pride and loyalty.