Author Topic: What happens if the Celtics win it all?  (Read 1307 times)

What happens if the Celtics win it all?
« on: December 08, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm not sure if this question has been asked already, but with KG and Ray expiring and the team ready to rebuild after this season, what would happen if these guys actually won the title this year? Is it so far fetched? Would they not have a chance to come back the next year and defend their title? Would KG and Ray be offered contracts to come back and defend a title?

Re: What happens if the Celtics win it all?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
It would only help with the courtship of the next superstars to take over this team (I'm looking at you CP3 and DH12).

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
KG needs to retire. Unless he is going to accept an ridiculously cheap contract and he is willing to come off the bench.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:53:24 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Well, for one thing, I'd be totally surprised. Very pleasantly surprised, but surprised none the less.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
So is there a general expectation that these guys will not win the title this season?

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »

Offline LiamB

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
After next year we'll be rebuilding
I don't expect Ray to come back. He could be an extremely useful player for a contender to come off the bench to hit threes
Maybe KG could resign here if he's willing to come off the bench/accept a smaller role with less minutes, as a 'mentor' for some of the younger guys

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'm not sure if this question has been asked already, but with KG and Ray expiring and the team ready to rebuild after this season, what would happen if these guys actually won the title this year? Is it so far fetched?

Yes, it is far-fetched. If we have essentially the same team that we had last year, which made it only to the second round, and is now a year older, we're not going far.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If the celtics win this year it would be a super human team effort and probably mvp like play from rondo who could give ainge a ...