Author Topic: Doc press conference: Sheed thinking retirement?  (Read 6983 times)

Doc press conference: Sheed thinking retirement?
« on: June 18, 2010, 12:22:52 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
now THAT is a story.  Doc saying in his press conference that Sheed was dyin out there, so tired, givin it all he had and that he honestly thought Rasheed was thinking about retiring after this season.

So much for that 3 year deal.

I respect Sheed though, he did give it all tonight.  These team really does have the potential to be TOTALLY different next year.

Re: Doc press conference: Sheed thinking retirement?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:25:11 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
now THAT is a story.  Doc saying in his press conference that Sheed was dyin out there, so tired, givin it all he had and that he honestly thought Rasheed was thinking about retiring after this season.

So much for that 3 year deal.

I respect Sheed though, he did give it all tonight.  This team really does have the potential to be TOTALLY different next year.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:25:32 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
If he retires, is he still on the payroll?

Honestly, it's probably for the best.  Rasheed vindicated his signing and gave us his heart and soul this season, nearly pushing us over the edge to a championship.  For that, I'm extremely grateful.

But after this season he's not much use to us.  Unless #19 turns into the next Danny Granger or something, the Celtics aren't gonna sniff a championship for a while.  But I'm extremely thankful for this season and everything the players gave us, nonetheless.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 12:26:10 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Thanks for info.

Sheed impressed me this post-season, to say the least. We wouldn't have made it this far without him, and he played well in this game.

He (and the Celtics Team) left it out on the floor.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 12:26:27 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Surprised by that quote, yeah.

Nice to see Doc getting a round of applause from the media. The guy is a class act and the media acwknowledges it.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:28:43 AM »

Offline rjsuperfly66

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 1
I dont mind Sheed retiring.  Frees up extra 5+ on cap for next year to make run at youth movement.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:29:23 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
If he retires, is he still on the payroll?

Honestly, it's probably for the best.  Rasheed vindicated his signing and gave us his heart and soul this season, nearly pushing us over the edge to a championship.  For that, I'm extremely grateful.

But after this season he's not much use to us.  Unless #19 turns into the next Danny Granger or something, the Celtics aren't gonna sniff a championship for a while.  But I'm extremely thankful for this season and everything the players gave us, nonetheless.

Yeah agreed, after how this year went...you can tell, if he was here for the next two years he'd be pretty bad.  So I think it's a good idea that he call it a career.  Especially if he was strugglin tonight, his back actin up.

Not sure if he's on the payroll though.  I'd be surprised if he was.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I think Sheed is more tired of the NBA politics and the refs than of basketball itself. He's had a few comments this season about how glad he is to be almost out of the league when discussing those 2 issues. Which I always thought was sad because it seemed he didn't really enjoy playing anymore but I understand. Even as a fan my love for the NBA is almost completely gone.

So it's not surprising he's considering it. It'll probably depend on what happens with the roster and Doc. Maybe he can become a player coach next season to help develop our bigs some more.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 12:33:01 AM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Was suprised when Doc said that...he really played his heart out tonight.

On another note...from Chris Forsberg's twitter:

Rasheed Wallace got into the officials locker room after the game before being forced out by security. Was asking to talk with referees.

never change Sheed...

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 12:34:06 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I think Sheed is more tired of the NBA politics and the refs than of basketball itself. He's had a few comments this season about how glad he is to be almost out of the league when discussing those 2 issues. Which I always thought was sad because it seemed he didn't really enjoy playing anymore but I understand. Even as a fan my love for the NBA is almost completely gone.

So it's not surprising he's considering it. It'll probably depend on what happens with the roster and Doc. Maybe he can become a player coach next season to help develop our bigs some more.

The Celtics reporters reported that Sheed was in front the refs' locker room after the game, "just wanting to talk". The security pulled him out...

I think you're right, he understands that he physically won't be able to contribute anymore in the next 2 years but he is also sick of the refs.

You're always emotional after a tough loss like that though so... we will see.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:32 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
sheed did his job, i appreciate his spirit during the playoffs. All is forgiven in the regular season

Thank you sheed for helping us get back to the finals

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I doubt it. I don't see Rasheed giving up the money.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 12:43:23 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Love this man. I’m very sad right now. A hell of a last game for a 35 year old man.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Was suprised when Doc said that...he really played his heart out tonight.

On another note...from Chris Forsberg's twitter:

Rasheed Wallace got into the officials locker room after the game before being forced out by security. Was asking to talk with referees.

never change Sheed...

****. I love Sheed. I swear.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 12:45:40 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I doubt it. I don't see Rasheed giving up the money.

Rasheed has made over 150,000,000 dollars. Not counting playoff pay and endorsement deals. Don’t treat it like he’s some money hungry ass.