Author Topic: Lebron was afraid to shoot from outside today!  (Read 1598 times)

Lebron was afraid to shoot from outside today!
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
I don't think it was from his injury, he just never tried to get his rhythm.  Then when the game got down to crunch time he was just scared to test it. 

Garnett kept backing off him daring him to shoot but he wouldn't. He kept forcing the drive and the help defense was great in the 4th quarter.

I hope to see the same Lebron in Game 5.  If we don't get game 5 I just don't see us taking Game 7.

Re: Lebron was afraid to shoot from outside today!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don't think it was from his injury, he just never tried to get his rhythm.  Then when the game got down to crunch time he was just scared to test it. 

Garnett kept backing off him daring him to shoot but he wouldn't. He kept forcing the drive and the help defense was great in the 4th quarter.

I hope to see the same Lebron in Game 5.  If we don't get game 5 I just don't see us taking Game 7.

elbow didnt have 4 days to rest...i think that is the standard cavs company line when he throws up bricks

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:23:26 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

elbow didnt have 4 days to rest...i think that is the standard cavs company line when he throws up bricks

There may be some truth in it. His two best games have come after multiple days off. His two worst games have come on short rest. I'm pretty happy we're playing on Tuesday.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 09:58:23 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
must have been the elbow  ;D

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
I've noticed that he loses confidence in his perimeter shot after a few misses so that's part of the formula of how to limit him. When he went off on us in game 3 he was chucking shots from outside and making them all because his rhythm and confidence were through the roof. If we can stifle his jumpshot then we should be able to contain him going to the basket by clogging the lane with multiple defenders as we did in game 4.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
We at CB do not need to perpetuate the myth that every below average game from Lebron conincides with a phantom elbow injury.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 10:28:16 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I was thinking the same thing the OP was while watching KG back off LeBron.  I kept thinking here comes LeBron ready to jack up a three with KG giving him all that room.  I must say I was surprised he wasn't shooting with all that space.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 10:32:15 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
We at CB do not need to perpetuate the myth that every below average game from Lebron conincides with a phantom elbow injury.

BUT BUT he had to check out his elbow during the game AND it was after trying to take a charge from Rondo. Everyone knows Rondo is so big and strong taking a charge from him is elbow suicide! Still not convinced?  :P
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 10:32:31 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This is bad news. I would like Lebron to take as many 3's as his feable elbow can shoot. Everytime he goes to the basket he either makes it or draws a foul (I'm not saying he actually is fouled just that he draws one).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19