Author Topic: What happened to Sheldon Williams?  (Read 5349 times)

Re: What happened to Sheldon Williams?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
So far this year, Shelden > BBD.

BBD needs to go.  Shelden has done more than you could ask for yet he gets the shaft on minutes because baby returned.  Thats not right.  BBD looks lazier, his shot isn't falling, and he isn't using his body like he did in years past.  Trade him while a lil value is still left.

Now you're just making stuff up.  Davis is probably the most energetic guy on the Celtics bench.  Lazy?  Please. ::)  And his shot IS falling.  You can't possibly believe that Shelden is better.  This is pure Baby hate and nothing else.

How am I making it up ?  Look at my name ? Do you think I just throw out Baby hate for nothing?

Bottom line, Shelden has outperformed BBD and then some this year.  Shelden deserves BBD's minutes, and has earned it since he came here.

You may not be making it up, but I think you are 100% wrong.  While Davis hasn't lived up to everyones expectations (although he has been better lately), Shelden Williams is not a good basketball player.  He has no offense, has the worst hands I have ever seen (that is not an exageration, he makes Mark Blount look good), and he is a significantly worse defender than Davis.

Not a good basketball player ?  Maybe not, but he's proven to be our best rebounder outside of Sheed, KG, and Perk.  An area we've been lacking in for the last month or two.

Rebounding doesn't mean much, if you can't rotate correctly, or are constantly fumbling the ball away. 

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
So far this year, Shelden > BBD.

BBD needs to go.  Shelden has done more than you could ask for yet he gets the shaft on minutes because baby returned.  Thats not right.  BBD looks lazier, his shot isn't falling, and he isn't using his body like he did in years past.  Trade him while a lil value is still left.

Now you're just making stuff up.  Davis is probably the most energetic guy on the Celtics bench.  Lazy?  Please. ::)  And his shot IS falling.  You can't possibly believe that Shelden is better.  This is pure Baby hate and nothing else.

How am I making it up ?  Look at my name ? Do you think I just throw out Baby hate for nothing?

Bottom line, Shelden has outperformed BBD and then some this year.  Shelden deserves BBD's minutes, and has earned it since he came here.

You may not be making it up, but I think you are 100% wrong.  While Davis hasn't lived up to everyones expectations (although he has been better lately), Shelden Williams is not a good basketball player.  He has no offense, has the worst hands I have ever seen (that is not an exageration, he makes Mark Blount look good), and he is a significantly worse defender than Davis.

Not a good basketball player ?  Maybe not, but he's proven to be our best rebounder outside of Sheed, KG, and Perk.  An area we've been lacking in for the last month or two.

Rebounding doesn't mean much, if you can't rotate correctly, or are constantly fumbling the ball away. 

I'm with Chris here. Glen is the better player hands down. Sheldon is insurance, and pretty good insurance, but he's not he shouldn't be a rotation player on this team.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 06:08:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
My main beef with Baby is that is in the worst shape of his short career. He can barely run the floor and can't even dunk or get off the floor. He must lead the league in blocks against.

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
Rebounding doesn't mean much ?

Who says so ?

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 06:15:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Who says so ?
Haven't the lineups been rebounding better with Davis on the floor than Shelden Williams?

Seems to me that the difference between the two on the glass isn't that large. Williams is better at grabbing the loose ball while Davis bothers to box people out.

Williams isn't as good a rebounder as his individual rebounding numbers suggest and BBD is a better rebounder than his numbers suggest.

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 06:49:22 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118

Who says so ?
Haven't the lineups been rebounding better with Davis on the floor than Shelden Williams?

Seems to me that the difference between the two on the glass isn't that large. Williams is better at grabbing the loose ball while Davis bothers to box people out.

Williams isn't as good a rebounder as his individual rebounding numbers suggest and BBD is a better rebounder than his numbers suggest.

I don't think so.  I view Shelden as the better rebounder and defender so far this year.  Offensively, they aren't all that involved besides the screens they set.