Author Topic: What happened to Sheldon Williams?  (Read 5354 times)

Re: What happened to Sheldon Williams?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I think they are showcasing Baby for a trade. They've done this a number of times. Played a player they wanted to trade over a player they wanted to keep the 1st part of the year. I think that's what I think is happening.

Allright, I'll bite. When has this happened? Mark Blount?

Rondo behind Telfair and West, Powe behind Gomes, Perk behind Blount, Letting Wally play.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 04:36:30 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think they are showcasing Baby for a trade. They've done this a number of times. Played a player they wanted to trade over a player they wanted to keep the 1st part of the year. I think that's what I think is happening.

Allright, I'll bite. When has this happened? Mark Blount?

Rondo behind Telfair and West, Powe behind Gomes, Perk behind Blount, Letting Wally play.
I don't buy it. They let Wally play for the same reason Clev let him play, even in the playoffs. He knows how to shoot. It is also ludicrous to think you would need to showcase someone who has been around as long as Wally. He was a known commodity.

Gomes played ahead of Powe because he was better. Same with Blount before Perk developed and learned to not foul every play.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
So far this year, Shelden > BBD.

BBD needs to go.  Shelden has done more than you could ask for yet he gets the shaft on minutes because baby returned.  Thats not right.  BBD looks lazier, his shot isn't falling, and he isn't using his body like he did in years past.  Trade him while a lil value is still left.

Now you're just making stuff up.  Davis is probably the most energetic guy on the Celtics bench.  Lazy?  Please. ::)  And his shot IS falling.  You can't possibly believe that Shelden is better.  This is pure Baby hate and nothing else.

How am I making it up ?  Look at my name ? Do you think I just throw out Baby hate for nothing?

Bottom line, Shelden has outperformed BBD and then some this year.  Shelden deserves BBD's minutes, and has earned it since he came here.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 04:44:52 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

BBD needs to go.  Shelden has done more than you could ask for yet he gets the shaft on minutes because baby returned.  Thats not right.  BBD looks lazier, his shot isn't falling, and he isn't using his body like he did in years past.  Trade him while a lil value is still left.

Now you're just making stuff up.  Davis is probably the most energetic guy on the Celtics bench.  Lazy?  Please. ::)  And his shot IS falling.  You can't possibly believe that Shelden is better.  This is pure Baby hate and nothing else.

How am I making it up ?  Look at my name ? Do you think I just throw out Baby hate for nothing?

Bottom line, Shelden has outperformed BBD and then some this year.  Shelden deserves BBD's minutes, and has earned it since he came here.

You may not be making it up, but I think you are 100% wrong.  While Davis hasn't lived up to everyones expectations (although he has been better lately), Shelden Williams is not a good basketball player.  He has no offense, has the worst hands I have ever seen (that is not an exageration, he makes Mark Blount look good), and he is a significantly worse defender than Davis.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 04:57:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Child Please! "Shelden outperformed Baby.....He has earned it since he came here" that's the joke of the century. Don't get blinded by hatred. There is a reason why The lottery pick (Shelden) is making league minimum, while 2nd rounder (Baby) was coveted by many teams past off-season before re-signing here. And teams are still pursuing Baby NOW!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Baby has been playing well lately and is getting back into form. Sheldon has a decent mid-range jumper but Baby is a better passer and can catch the ball

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
SheldEn

with an E

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

You may not be making it up, but I think you are 100% wrong.  While Davis hasn't lived up to everyones expectations (although he has been better lately), Shelden Williams is not a good basketball player.  He has no offense, has the worst hands I have ever seen (that is not an exageration, he makes Mark Blount look good), and he is a significantly worse defender than Davis.
he has roberto duran like hands of stone but I would not consider him a singificantly worse defender by any means
davis does a nice job taking charges but i don't feel he is much of a defender
too short to defend pf, too slow to guard anyone with quickness

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I don't think Shelden lost his minutes to Big Baby. IIRC he started seeing less playing time and DNPs before BBD returned back from injury.

I don't know what made him get into Doc's doghouse but I liked him when he was playing. Those hands of stone were a killer but his rebounding was a plus. As the last big off the bench he is vastly better than what we had last year but with Sheed, BBD and even Scal before him I don't see him cracking the rotation anytime soon.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Re: What happened to Shelden Williams?
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Williams lost his minutes to Scal.....  :(

...then Scal lost his minutes to Davis.

Anyway, if a player (including KG) isn't busting his butt to get rebounds, then throw in Williams for a half a quarter.

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 05:36:42 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I don't think Shelden lost his minutes to Big Baby. IIRC he started seeing less playing time and DNPs before BBD returned back from injury.

I don't know what made him get into Doc's doghouse but I liked him when he was playing. Those hands of stone were a killer but his rebounding was a plus. As the last big off the bench he is vastly better than what we had last year but with Sheed, BBD and even Scal before him I don't see him cracking the rotation anytime soon.

I'm looking past the Shelden of this year (unless we have more injuries!) and thinking he might be even more serviceable next year once he's had a year of practice with the team, learned the defense better, etc. I don't know his contract term but I've liked what he has given us vs. his salary and I think he can be even better next year.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

I'm looking past the Shelden of this year (unless we have more injuries!) and thinking he might be even more serviceable next year once he's had a year of practice with the team, learned the defense better, etc. I don't know his contract term but I've liked what he has given us vs. his salary and I think he can be even better next year.

You think his hands will get better?  I don't.  Seriously, I think that's the reason he can't get burn anywhere -- teams get frustrated with his awful hands and weak D.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Not a good basketball player ?  Maybe not, but he's proven to be our best rebounder outside of Sheed, KG, and Perk.  An area we've been lacking in for the last month or two.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Child Please! "Shelden outperformed Baby.....He has earned it since he came here" that's the joke of the century. Don't get blinded by hatred. There is a reason why The lottery pick (Shelden) is making league minimum, while 2nd rounder (Baby) was coveted by many teams past off-season before re-signing here. And teams are still pursuing Baby NOW!!!

Hatred ? I love BBD.  Unfortunately, he came into this entire year unprepared and still immature.  He deserves to get canned.  From what I've seen of Shelden ( when he gets minutes ), he earns everything he gets.  Lottery pick doesn't have anything to do with it.  New team, new year for him.  Still a young cat with skills.

Teams are pursuing Baby ?  Or Ainge is shopping him because he's underachieved and has acted like an idiot this year ?  Which is it ?

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 05:57:09 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

I believe it was a 1 year deal. Is the team interested in having him back and will he want to re-sign? It's doubtful he'll get much playing time elsewhere but he might want to go somewhere with less competition in frontcourt. Offensively I think there's little hope but you're right he could get better on defens if he stays.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.