Author Topic: What happened to Sheldon Williams?  (Read 5355 times)

What happened to Sheldon Williams?
« on: February 11, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Its been a hectic few months and I haven't been able to follow the C's as closely as I would have liked.

I have one burning question: What happened to Sheldon Williams?

In the early part of the season I was loving the second unit of Wallace, Daniels, House, Williams and 1 stater. Williams efforts on the boards was very needed, even if his offense was shaky.

Right now Perkins is the only big man meeting rebounding expectations. (Outside of a Healthy KG,) the C's biggest need is a rebounder. Don't we have one collecting dust on the bench?

Re: What happened to Sheldon Williams?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
he dissapeared along with the celtics team that looked like a contender. In my opinion, the celtics saw what they have in him early on and were satisfied. They may be benching him to showcase other guys (Davis) who they want to ship out. If so, Shelden should be back in action after the all-star break, along with the real celtics team.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:43:38 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Hopefully he's getting a hands transplant. The guy plays hard and hits the boards pretty well, but he's git feet for hands. He also doesn't finish very well. I don't see him surplanting either Davis or Wallace in the rotation.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:43:41 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
A more proven player returned and took all his minutes.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 02:02:12 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I think they are showcasing Baby for a trade. They've done this a number of times. Played a player they wanted to trade over a player they wanted to keep the 1st part of the year. I think that's what I think is happening.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think they are showcasing Baby for a trade. They've done this a number of times. Played a player they wanted to trade over a player they wanted to keep the 1st part of the year. I think that's what I think is happening.
fingers crossed
I like Davis' all around game better but what is one of our glaring weaknesses...rebounding.  Williams plays good d, is longer and rebounds.  He shouldn't take any minutes from 'sheed but to me they make a better pair to be on court at same time.  He (williams) and daniels are 2 subs I'd like to see with the team for awhile.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 02:36:12 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
A more proven player returned and took all his minutes.

But perhaps the next time that proven player rebounds like Scal and gets his shot blocked 87 times in a row, Doc might possibly think about putting Sheldon in the game.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
So far this year, Shelden > BBD.

BBD needs to go.  Shelden has done more than you could ask for yet he gets the shaft on minutes because baby returned.  Thats not right.  BBD looks lazier, his shot isn't falling, and he isn't using his body like he did in years past.  Trade him while a lil value is still left.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 03:17:24 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Nothing. Nothing happened to him.

The better question is: What happened to Shelden Williams?

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

What are the odds that we'd have a Sheldon and a Shelden Williams on the same team and neither one can get on the court?

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!

What are the odds that we'd have a Sheldon and a Shelden Williams on the same team and neither one can get on the court?

I just had no idea whatsoever who the OP was talking about. :P

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I personally would like to see more of Shelden Williams and less of Glen Davis. I would also like to see the Celtics win, please. 

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
So far this year, Shelden > BBD.

BBD needs to go.  Shelden has done more than you could ask for yet he gets the shaft on minutes because baby returned.  Thats not right.  BBD looks lazier, his shot isn't falling, and he isn't using his body like he did in years past.  Trade him while a lil value is still left.

Now you're just making stuff up.  Davis is probably the most energetic guy on the Celtics bench.  Lazy?  Please. ::)  And his shot IS falling.  You can't possibly believe that Shelden is better.  This is pure Baby hate and nothing else.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 04:03:09 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I personally would like to see more of Shelden Williams and less of Glen Davis. I would also like to see the Celtics win, please. 

Well they're certainly not going to win replacing Davis with an inferior Shelden.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

Allright, I'll bite. When has this happened? Mark Blount?