Author Topic: The only reason Mike Sweetney is here...  (Read 7019 times)

Re: The only reason Mike Sweetney is here...
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2009, 11:09:19 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
lonelytoaster brings up a good point on sweetney's weight. it is hard and hazardous to assume you know the motivation of anyone. guessing is about all anyone can do.

so in that vein, another way to look at sweetney's weight is not that he came into camp simply overweight and out of shape nor that he does not care.

maybe he does care and right now, is weight is down from 1 year ago. that is, maybe ainge saw someone who is willing to lose weight and has demonstrated it by working hard to become "relatively" slim.

ha, ha. i doubt this is the case, but who knows? he may weighs 300 now, but 1 year ago maybe he weighed 400. if so, then maybe ainge thought there is hope.

Danny's already done well by betting on two guys whose value was lower due to weight issues--Perk and Baby.

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2009, 11:43:54 AM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.

i feel bad for posting this lol.

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
is to show Glen Davis what happens when you eat your way out of the NBA. I truly believe Ainge brought in Sweetney for that reason.

TP for figuring this out.  This HAS to be the reason.  Great post..made me lol

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2009, 12:18:01 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
He needs to change his jersey number to BBD's old "11" - the vertical lines are slimming!

Totally! (love this - TP) ... although I think he'd need to be #1,111 for it to make much difference, lol!

Or he could become a referee.. they have enough stripes :) 

Although he'd have to be relegated to a halfcourt Ref.   

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
is to show Glen Davis what happens when you eat your way out of the NBA. I truly believe Ainge brought in Sweetney for that reason.
It's also interesting for Sweetney to see what happens when you don't eat yourself out of the league

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Sweetney is here because Danny wants to try another comeback story as last year's attempt with Darius Miles. DA is a mastermind of draft selections and finding forgotten players or just players under the radar. He's got little room for FA signings as he already spent the MLE and LLE, has explored the few trade chips of Tony and Scal and now is willing to give a guy a chance to comeback to the NBA.

Danny wants to see what Sweetney has and if that something can help the team, and that`s the only reason why he is here...

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2009, 01:05:49 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Sweetney is here because Danny wants to try another comeback story as last year's attempt with Darius Miles. DA is a mastermind of draft selections and finding forgotten players or just players under the radar. He's got little room for FA signings as he already spent the MLE and LLE, has explored the few trade chips of Tony and Scal and now is willing to give a guy a chance to comeback to the NBA.

Danny wants to see what Sweetney has and if that something can help the team, and that`s the only reason why he is here...

This is more along the lines of what I believe as well. We may have a contingency trade out there or a wait and see where we dump a couple of contracts with cash for a draft pick somewhere. Point is, if he is moving in the right direction with weight loss to bring his career back, there is no denying the talent he has as a post player. He could be a valuable bench addition and Danny would certainly look like a genius.

This could also be the comeback story of the year if it works out.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Sweetney is here for the cake...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
i honestly dont understand how if you have the chance to make millions of dollars you cant stay in shape. Higher a trainer and nutritionist. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity and its sad to see it blown.

We all have our El Guapo's in life,(Three Amigos)  his happens to be a weight issue! While yours is ignorance.  Deal with it!

I haven't made any personal attacks on other posters here, not sure why you feel the need to do so. I was trying to have a conversation about motivation and his weight issue. This thread has already produced lots of interesting discussion and information. Personal attacks don't add anything to the discussion. Please refrain