Author Topic: Wilder vs Fury  (Read 3470 times)

Wilder vs Fury
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Im kinda surprised nobody is talking about this. This is the biggest American heavyweight boxing bout in years. USA doesn't have that name since Mike Tyson.

Deontay Wilder is an athletic freak with sledge hammer on his hands.
He currently holds the WBC Heavyweight Title and have defended it several times since 2015.
40-0 with 39 KOs

Tyson Fury is savy technical boxer who fights with awkward style. Gypsy King compensate his lack of power with his lateral movement and natural reflexes. As massive as he is, Fury is very agile despite his size.
He is also the lineal heavyweight champion on which he took from former heavyweight king, Wladimir Klitchsko.

Tyson temporarily retired after having drug and alcoholic problems but have returned to the ring and now have 2 fights under his belt since June of this year.

Tyson-Fury was announced after Wilder's team negotiation with UK Heavyweight King, Anthony Joshua fell apart.

Bout is set next week, December 1 on Staple Center.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:48:09 AM by mr. dee »

Re: Wilder vs Fury
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 12:24:37 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:37:27 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Wilder vs Joshua would have gotten a lot more buzz. Being that Fury hasn’t done anything meaningful in 3 whole years, that knocks this down a peg even though he’s a live dog and talks one heck of a game.

This is only Fury’s second fight in America (and it’s been 5.5 years since his first), and Wilder really isn’t much of a draw himself.

I’m looking forward to this one, but seemingly all of boxing’s megafights fail (either boring fight or bad judging). So I understand why the casual doesn’t really care.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:44:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm looking forward to this one too.  It won't revive the sport or anything, but projects to be a good fight if Fury is in good mental and physical condition.

Let's agree not to post spoilers? I cant force myself to buy it, will download tmrw instead.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 02:06:02 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I'm looking forward to this one too.  It won't revive the sport or anything, but projects to be a good fight if Fury is in good mental and physical condition.

Let's agree not to post spoilers? I cant force myself to buy it, will download tmrw instead.

I won't post spoilers but I will say it's definitely worth downloading.   :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 02:15:47 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

I won't post spoilers but I will say it's definitely worth downloading.   :angel:

second that sentiment!

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 08:42:46 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Allthebestfights.com u can watch the full fight now

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 10:25:07 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
After the first Canelo/GGG debacle, and then the second fight which was also questionable, I won't be paying much attention to this sport anymore.

Way too much greed, too many guys ducking fighters. Fights spread across too many channels/mediums. PPV thievery that alienates poorer fans and concentrates the wealth into the hands of the few.

It is by far the worst sport to follow. Average Americans don't care at all. It's too bad, but boxing absolutely deserves to die.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
After the first Canelo/GGG debacle, and then the second fight which was also questionable, I won't be paying much attention to this sport anymore.

Way too much greed, too many guys ducking fighters. Fights spread across too many channels/mediums. PPV thievery that alienates poorer fans and concentrates the wealth into the hands of the few.

It is by far the worst sport to follow. Average Americans don't care at all. It's too bad, but boxing absolutely deserves to die.
The past couple years of fights I have watched have definitely got me to the point of losing any and all interest in the boxing game.. Canelo vs GGG 1 and 2 was just despicable, horn vs Pacquiao was the biggest shaft job I've ever witnessed in my life, and now you can add fury vs wilder to that list. The only fights I've watched the past few years that were even remotely judged fairly have been vasily lomachenko fights and hate to say it but that dude ain't keeping people in the boxing game. Too much corruption for my liking
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden