Author Topic: Oladipo knee injury  (Read 4666 times)

Re: Oladipo knee injury
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 10:03:43 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sucks but life ain’t fair. Cs fans should know after seeing Hayward last year. Pretty much nullifies Indy as a serious threat if the injury prognosis is true.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
That is awful. I feel so bad for the guy.

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 11:06:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
That is awful. I feel so bad for the guy.

Me too.  He's fun to watch and a likeable guy.  Hopefully it's not too serious - guys seem to bounce back better from ACL injuries today.  It'd suck to see him become the next Steve Francis.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 12:01:39 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
that's so awful! he's been playing so well lately too! hope for a speedy recovery

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 12:21:49 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I think Pacers are one of the best run organizations in the league, basically the Spurs without Duncan, but man they've had some bad luck over the last 15 years.

A string of ECF appearances in the 90's (only team past '90 to take Jordan to 7 games), they completely rebuilt their Finals team from 2000 and turned into a 61-win contender by 2004 with almost an all new cast.  Only to implode and be dismantled due to the Malice at the Palace.

Never tanked.  Rebuilt again.  Matched up well with LeBron's Heat, only to lose in 6 games in '12.

Lost their best player Danny Granger to knee injurie in '13, but still make it to the ECF and take LeBron's Heat to 7 games.  Think if they had a healthy Granger!

Even though they lost Granger, they were immediately able to replace him with Paul George, after going to the ECF again in '14, losing to LeBron (for the 3rd straight year) in 6.

Then they lose George for practically the whole year with a broken leg.

Then their best player George demands to be traded.  So they rebuild again without tanking.  Found a new best player in Oladipo.  And again take LeBron to 7 games in '18.  (Argh, outside of the C's, nobody deserved to beat LeBron more).

Looking like a team with a chance to make the Finals, and again they lose their best player to a a leg injury.

It's been a tough 15 years (starting with the Malice) for a team I think of as one of the best run in the league.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 12:50:13 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think Pacers are one of the best run organizations in the league, basically the Spurs without Duncan, but man they've had some bad luck over the last 15 years.

A string of ECF appearances in the 90's (only team past '90 to take Jordan to 7 games), they completely rebuilt their Finals team from 2000 and turned into a 61-win contender by 2004 with almost an all new cast.  Only to implode and be dismantled due to the Malice at the Palace.

Never tanked.  Rebuilt again.  Matched up well with LeBron's Heat, only to lose in 6 games in '12.

Lost their best player Danny Granger to knee injurie in '13, but still make it to the ECF and take LeBron's Heat to 7 games.  Think if they had a healthy Granger!

Even though they lost Granger, they were immediately able to replace him with Paul George, after going to the ECF again in '14, losing to LeBron (for the 3rd straight year) in 6.

Then their best player George demands to be traded.  So they rebuild again without tanking.  Found a new best player in Oladipo.  And again take LeBron to 7 games in '18.  (Argh, outside of the C's, nobody deserved to beat LeBron more).

Looking like a team with a chance to make the Finals, and again they lose their best player to a a leg injury.

It's been a tough 15 years (starting with the Malice) for a team I think of as one of the best run in the league.
I really don't think they had a chance at the finals.  They are a lesser star, Oladipo, and some role players.  I think I saw that their record was 3-6 against Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee and Philly. 

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 12:52:27 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
He's one of those players that I love to watch...even if it's when he's kicking our butts...best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 01:10:09 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
after watching the video again, the Pacer's trainer quickly puts a towel over the knee right after he gets next to Vic.  Oh man that doesn't look good.
Someone else said it was a kneecap injury.  Hopefully not an ACL.

Got a closer look. Pretty sure it's a dislocation. I'm sure the big concern now is ligament - or worse - tendon damage.

The more I watch the play, the more I think it's a quad rupture. He never really plants and it appears the incident happened during acceleration.

Tough, tough break if so.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 01:16:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Always hate to see players suffer such brutal injuries.  The Pacers have had some really bad luck with injuries to their star players over the last decade (Granger/George/Oladipo).

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 01:24:08 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

I really don't think they had a chance at the finals.  They are a lesser star, Oladipo, and some role players.  I think I saw that their record was 3-6 against Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee and Philly.

1-1 against Boston (home team winning every game)
1-1 against Milwaukee (home team winning every game)
1-2 against Toronto (home team winning every game)
1-2 against Philly

Except for Philly that looks pretty even to me.  Also crediting their strong play against CLE in the playoffs last year, to me that showed they could step up, playing better than anything we've seen from Toronto over the last several years (though different team this year I know).

Not calling them a favorite, but I think healthy they could hang with almost anybody in the East, especially with home court.  Healthy, and with some luck, they had a shot.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 01:36:48 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

They should've beaten LeBron's Cavs last year in first-rounds if it weren't for the rigged-ness of the officiating.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 01:42:30 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Did not look good at all. I didn’t see a good video of it but his knee looked all out of sorts the quick glimpse I saw of it. I’m thinking kneecap, but we shall see what the MRI reveals.

Besides being a pain in the C’s butt, he’s easy to root for, as are the Pacers. Hope he’s ok longterm.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2019, 01:56:37 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I searched to find video on the Oladipo injury and one of the returned items was a New York Post article on Oladipo's injury giving Russell an all-star shot.  Could they not have at least waited a full day. 

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2019, 08:34:19 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
A string of ECF appearances in the 90's (only team past '90 to take Jordan to 7 games)
Only team in the 2nd three-peat to take Bulls to 7 games.

Knicks did it in 92 or 93. I forget which year. The team with Xavier McDaniel. Only team in the 1st three-peat. I still do not understand why the Knicks broke up that team the next summer.

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2019, 08:36:50 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I didn't see the Pacers as a threat either. They are the type of team that does better in the regular season and worse in the postseason. Oladipo needs more help than he is getting. Another star to lighten the load.