Author Topic: I Get a Warning Message When in CBlog - What Does it Mean?  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Hope it is OK to post this in the community forum:

I get a warning message every time I start browsing in CBlog.  Started a couple of weeks ago.  The message is:

"A script on this page is causing your web-browser to run slowly. If it continue to run your computer may become non-responsive".
It asks if I want to continue running the script, and I click 'yes' and then everything seems to work fine.

Do you know what this means?   Should I be concerned?

Re: I Get a Warning Message When in CBlog - What Does it Mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
i also get it, but only from my work PC.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Since we don't have an on-site webmaster anymore, the best thing to do is probably to email support@sbnation.com.

General advice I can give:

* Upgrade your browser
* Make sure your java is up-to-date
* Use Firefox
* Clear your cache

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I get a warning message every time I start browsing in CBlog.  Started a couple of weeks ago.  The message is:

"A script on this page is causing your web-browser to run slowly. If it continue to run your computer may become non-responsive".
It asks if I want to continue running the script, and I click 'yes' and then everything seems to work fine.

Do you know what this means?   Should I be concerned?

I've found the most common script error is in Java, and can be resolved by updating your Java, but there can be problems with other extensions as well, and you can determine which by following these instructions, (you can also safely update Java from this page). Hope that helps.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Warning

:)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Since we don't have an on-site webmaster anymore, the best thing to do is probably to email support@sbnation.com.

General advice I can give:

* Upgrade your browser
* Make sure your java is up-to-date
* Use Firefox
* Clear your cache

Bring back Mr. Day!  :)

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:41:28 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

I get a warning message every time I start browsing in CBlog.  Started a couple of weeks ago.  The message is:

I've found the most common script error is in Java, and can be resolved by updating your Java, but there can be problems with other extensions as well, and you can determine which by following these instructions, (you can also safely update Java from this page). Hope that helps.

Thanks Bahku.  I don't know what Java is, what script means or what extension means -- but I did install Java.  It didn't change the script error message but now I have Java -- whatever that is.

I am so computer technology illiterate it's scary -- I decided long ago to just consider it all 'magic'.  But when it doesn't work right, I am left to hope that it will magically fix itself.  The issue is not a big deal, just means one extra click when I get onto CBlog.  Hope it's not a sign of more trouble to come.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I'm with apc in that it only happens on my work computer so downloading any fixes is out of the question.  Now it takes around 5 minutes to open the site or forums.

It only started happening to me in the past week or so.  What was done to the site to start causing this issue?