16 (51.6%)
Kyrie
1 (3.2%)
Blake
0 (0%)
Other (please post answer)
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Who's the Best Player in the East?  (Read 2804 times)

Re: Who's the Best Player in the East?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I gotta say I'm proud of you guys for unanimously not picking Kyrie, I only put him on there as the obvious homer option.

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Better add Blake.  He's the best in his own mind.

He looks like he's highly motivated. He may dunk over a Cadillac Escalade rather than a Kia at the next dunk contest.

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 04:48:00 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
man this is a tough one.  i went with Giannis, but I am still not super sure of my choice.  I guess I feel that Giannis does things that are pretty much unstoppable by most of the league.  KL is more steady and a better all around player, but I am more afraid of Giannis.

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
man this is a tough one.  i went with Giannis, but I am still not super sure of my choice.  I guess I feel that Giannis does things that are pretty much unstoppable by most of the league.  KL is more steady and a better all around player, but I am more afraid of Giannis.
Is Leonard a better all around player?  Giannis is a better rebounder and passer.  He is a better shot blocker.  He gets to the line a lot more frequently.  He is probably a more varied scorer, though Leonard is clearly a better shooter.  While Leonard is a better defender, Giannis can more effectively guard multiple positions and is a + defender in his own right.  Giannis carries far more of the offensive load than Leonard does, making him a more valuable offensive player in my mind.  Thus, overall I think they are pretty even as all around players, but I'd take the guy that does more over the guy that does less, especially when you are talking about offense which is more important than defense when it comes to wins and losses.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
Is Leonard a better all around player?  Giannis is a better rebounder and passer.  He is a better shot blocker.  He gets to the line a lot more frequently.  He is probably a more varied scorer, though Leonard is clearly a better shooter.  While Leonard is a better defender, Giannis can more effectively guard multiple positions and is a + defender in his own right.  Giannis carries far more of the offensive load than Leonard does, making him a more valuable offensive player in my mind.  Thus, overall I think they are pretty even as all around players, but I'd take the guy that does more over the guy that does less, especially when you are talking about offense which is more important than defense when it comes to wins and losses.

In a general traditional way, I think KL might be a bit better all around.  He plays a little smarter most of the time, and I feel he is a tad better defender. 

BUT.... that little bit of a better all around player doesn't make up for the complete dominant bball god mode that Giannis can switch into.  When Giannis is feeling it, getting into the paint, making plays on both ends of the court he becomes almost unstoppable - cue last years playoffs versus us.  I think his ceiling seems higher than KL's.  If Giannis continues to improve this year I would rather be in the opposite side of the playoff bracket.

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 05:10:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's sort of like the wing equivalent of a Shaq vs Hakeem argument, isn't it?

Added Blake to the list after a few comments, he's been as good as anybody up to this very limited point.

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

It's sort of like the wing equivalent of a Shaq vs Hakeem argument, isn't it?

that comment is dead on, Hakeem a bit more skilled, Shaq unstoppable when motivated. 

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 05:42:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Leonard if he can stay healthy.

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 09:01:25 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

In a general traditional way, I think KL might be a bit better all around.  He plays a little smarter most of the time, and I feel he is a tad better defender. 

BUT.... that little bit of a better all around player doesn't make up for the complete dominant bball god mode that Giannis can switch into.  When Giannis is feeling it, getting into the paint, making plays on both ends of the court he becomes almost unstoppable - cue last years playoffs versus us.  I think his ceiling seems higher than KL's.  If Giannis continues to improve this year I would rather be in the opposite side of the playoff bracket.
yeah no question. Here's hoping Toronto and Mikwaukee end up in the semis with us getting Philly/Indy
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 09:24:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Tatum