Author Topic: Veteran free agent options  (Read 3994 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Not a free agent but if a Davis trade happens, it would be nice to see E'Twaun Moore come back to Boston with him. Reliable 3 point shooter who has also turned into a serviceable defender as well, I think. He'd be a good third guard.

Making $8.3 million, and he's undersized. I like him, but I would definitely pass on that contract. He has not panned out for the NOP, don't see why he would here either.

If the Celts trade for AD and the worst contract they get in the bargain is Moore, that would be a win.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Can anyone name a vet role player that will be available that happens to have already played on a championship team?  A James Posey type? 

That's who I think this team desperately needs.  Someone who's professional, understands their role and is not caught up trying to be a star.  It would be valuable to have someone like that to settle guys down when the pressure gets ramped up because they've been there before.

You could always pick through the carcasses of the 2016 Cavs team.  They're all pretty much available, either as buyouts or free agents.  ;D

J.R. Smith would totally fit with the vibe of a Kyrie Irving team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Veteran free agent options
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2019, 03:33:53 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
End of bench filler bigs

Jerebko
Tyler Zeller
Joakim Noah
Salah Mejri

100% effort

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Not a free agent but if a Davis trade happens, it would be nice to see E'Twaun Moore come back to Boston with him. Reliable 3 point shooter who has also turned into a serviceable defender as well, I think. He'd be a good third guard.

Making $8.3 million, and he's undersized. I like him, but I would definitely pass on that contract. He has not panned out for the NOP, don't see why he would here either.

If the Celts trade for AD and the worst contract they get in the bargain is Moore, that would be a win.

$8 mil a year is not very much in today's league and this is a guy who just had back-to-back seasons shooting over 42% from 3. He'd be terrific off the bench.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008