Author Topic: How Are You Spending the All-Star Break?  (Read 2063 times)

How Are You Spending the All-Star Break?
« on: February 20, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I’m a grad student, and love to watch the Celtics passively (until the last 8 minutes and then the work stops) every time they play. This week off has definitely been a change of pace. Yet considering how disappointing the past month has been for Boston sports, maybe it’s a good thing I’ve been given some perspective. Regardless, I’m pathetically pumped for Friday and hoping to see a new mindset from the team to close out these last 21 games.

How are you spending the week off? Are you excited for the season to resume, or feeling liberated from the emotional baggage one carries when being a Celtics fan?

Re: How Are You Spending the All-Star Break?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 11:40:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
It's been nice not having to deal with 25-point deficits. And I watched almost no all-star stuff, so I've had a healthy break from basketball. I'm eager for the action to start back up, but I'm trying to temper my expectations, given how the last month has gone.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:03:26 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's been nice not having to deal with 25-point deficits. And I watched almost no all-star stuff, so I've had a healthy break from basketball. I'm eager for the action to start back up, but I'm trying to temper my expectations, given how the last month has gone.
Me neither and I'm not missing basketball this week either.

To be brutally honest, I'm kind of done with this season.  I see what this team is now, and there's no chip this season.  I am hoping the young players close out the season on a good note and make some noise in the playoffs.  Any thing less than making the ECF will be a disappointment, but not a big surprise.

BANNER 2018-2019

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 08:09:16 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Drinking beer and watching Paul Pierce highlights.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:28 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

To be brutally honest, I'm kind of done with this season.  I see what this team is now, and there's no chip this season.  I am hoping the young players close out the season on a good note and make some noise in the playoffs.  Any thing less than making the ECF will be a disappointment, but not a big surprise.

BANNER 2018-2019
You can’t say that you’re done with the season, and then follow up by saying anything less than ECF is a disappointment. Doesn’t work both ways lol.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

BANNER 2018-2019
Are you really going to be disappointed if Boston loses to Cleveland in the 2nd round of the playoffs, when Boston lost its best or 2nd best player 5 minutes into the season and spent much of the year with 4 1st or 2nd year players in the rotation (and 2 other rotation players still on rookie contracts)?

Talk about unrealistic expectations.  I feel bad for you.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 10:25:52 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Watching the Olympics and skiing my ass off.  Life is good.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 11:42:52 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

BANNER 2018-2019
Are you really going to be disappointed if Boston loses to Cleveland in the 2nd round of the playoffs, when Boston lost its best or 2nd best player 5 minutes into the season and spent much of the year with 4 1st or 2nd year players in the rotation (and 2 other rotation players still on rookie contracts)?

I said, "not a big surprise".  I don't have expectations that you can judge.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

BANNER 2018-2019
You can’t say that you’re done with the season, and then follow up by saying anything less than ECF is a disappointment. Doesn’t work both ways lol.
Works for me, so there.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:55:20 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Dont give up on this season Surferdad.  We have yet to get a taste of Playoff Kyrie which, I believe, will make us a different animal..

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 12:02:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

BANNER 2018-2019

I said, "not a big surprise".  I don't have expectations that you can judge.
If you are disappointed when they don't make the ECF, then you did in fact have that expectation even if it won't be a big surprise, it is still a surprise.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip