Author Topic: Kobe's supporters are hilarious  (Read 1868 times)

Kobe's supporters are hilarious
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:27:32 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I recently scrolled past a quote on Instagram from Kobe Bryant on one of his fan's pages. The quote read, “There’s a choice that we have to make as people, as individuals. If you want to be great at something, there’s a choice you have to make. We all can be masters at our craft, but you have to make a choice. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that. Family time, hanging out with friends, being a great friend, being a great son, nephew, whatever the case may be. There are sacrifices that come along with making that decision.” I am actually a big fan of Kobe and his legendary work ethic but pointed out that Kobe (similar to Tom Brady) is starting to become one of these out of touch/delusional celebrities that forgets; A) He came from a family that had a decent standard of living B) a father who was a top level athlete and had the essential knowledge to train his son correctly C) Kobe was drafted at 18 years old and almost became a millionaire over night, thus giving him the funds to become anything he wants to be.

The responses were like if I told a Bieber fan, he sucked lol.

- 'U mad cos u broke' (page operator)... others follow similar narrative:

- 'still you are nothing compare to kobe..and you reaaly dont know what kobe is doing in his entire life..so shut the * up!!'

- 'you're an idiot lol. If life is a game, which it is, he's beating you. And will continue to beat you.' (my favourite)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:38:01 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: Kobe's supporters are hilarious
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 01:47:05 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
You are surprised that when you ripped on Kobe Bryant on a Kobe Bryant fan page there was push back?

Bryant's work ethic is the stuff of legend. Its not like this is Jared Sullinger posting this.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:54:27 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Not sure what you were trying to achieve by doing this

Welcome to the internet.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:00:32 AM »

• Bill Walton
Not sure what you were trying to achieve by doing this

Welcome to the internet.

Haha I stated I was a huge fan of his but attempted to talk some logic, obviously can’t talk any type of negativity to these people lol

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 02:32:55 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Man, I am so glad he is out of the league.
It was so boring last 3 years or so and he wasn't even good (replacement level good), just chucking the ball, matador defense and being the media darling. Hyped past the point where bad taste begins. He wasn't news but still made it.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 04:06:30 AM »

• Bill Walton
It was so boring last 3 years or so and he wasn't even good (replacement level good), just chucking the ball, matador defense and being the media darling. Hyped past the point where bad taste begins. He wasn't news but still made it.

I completely agree with you, that's what makes me hate the Lakers the most is the insane level of false hype, something we are seeing with Lonzo.

I honestly believe that Kobe becomes a better player/person if he is drafted by a competent franchise other than Lakers. If you watch footage of a young Kobe he talks about priding himself on defence and that was something you saw early on in his Laker career but wained as his star grew and he became a bigger entitled jerk the longer he was in Los Angeles.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:45:10 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
If Shaq had never signed in LA, Kobe would be ringless.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:00:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
If Shaq had never signed in LA, Kobe would be ringless.
If my grandmother was born a man, she'd be called Dan.

It's hard to envision all of the possible scenarios.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:40:07 AM by Androslav »

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 06:27:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I completely agree with you, that's what makes me hate the Lakers the most is the insane level of false hype, something we are seeing with Lonzo.

I honestly believe that Kobe becomes a better player/person if he is drafted by a competent franchise other than Lakers. If you watch footage of a young Kobe he talks about priding himself on defence and that was something you saw early on in his Laker career but wained as his star grew and he became a bigger entitled jerk the longer he was in Los Angeles.
it is just too hard to play top level defense and top level offense for years on end. One always goes and it is almost always defense. The greats still d up when they need to they just can't do it all season long.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
One thing I think we all can agree is that Kobe hung around the game too long and played a few years too many.  We got to see him fail hard as a result of this fact.   The rigged game where he scored a lot of points was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 07:31:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Forget the Kobe fans stuff posted on a Kobe page, no surprises there.

As a means to salvage this thread before it dies too quickly, I find the Kobe quote to be very interesting.  We all know about his workout ethic.  Now we know he was so manic that he apparently sacrificed his relationship with family members to go to the gym.  It's not a choice I would make, but it is a choice that many highly successful people feel they need to make.  I just think that kind of work-life imbalance to be not so healthy, but to each his own I guess.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 08:22:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

As a means to salvage this thread before it dies too quickly, I find the Kobe quote to be very interesting.  We all know about his workout ethic.  Now we know he was so manic that he apparently sacrificed his relationship with family members to go to the gym.  It's not a choice I would make, but it is a choice that many highly successful people feel they need to make.  I just think that kind of work-life imbalance to be not so healthy, but to each his own I guess.
or maybe it was the affair(s) that ruined his relationships at home.  Rape charges don't help either. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 08:31:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

or maybe it was the affair(s) that ruined his relationships at home.  Rape charges don't help either. 
beat me to it. 

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 08:36:12 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Yeah, my initial thought was:

Maybe he should have spent more time with his family, who wanted to be with him, and sacrificed the time spent forcing himself on young women who didn't want to be with him instead.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 08:40:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

LOL, you are right Moranis.
He was telling his wife he was going to the gym for a practice but swerved the car wheel the other direction as he was leaving the mansion.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:52:11 AM by Androslav »